Graphics Expansion Project

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

scougys
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Graphics Expansion Project

Post by scougys »

no update...?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Well this is a spare time project and thus I unfortunately cannot give it the kind of priority I can give to actual paid work. Currently my time is a bit more restricted than usual which does not help.

Also please consider that the JSDF units alone are probably in total going to take somewhere in the 250-500 hours of work depending on complexity, extra texture sets, how much research is needed etc.
As an example I probably spend upwards of 5 hours just getting enough reference for and modelling the JS Izumo. After that there is the UV mapping, texturing and finally adding it to the game although that last part is fairly fast and easy.
If Izumo is the measuring stick for the JSDF units I am making we are definitely going to hit the 500 hours total.

On top of all this right now I have to deal with Microsoft killing off my Desktop windows partition on which I ran SRU. I need to find an alternative to that one before I can release anything. Currently I am considering Wine as I would really not mind never having to deal with Windows ever again.

I will also readily admit I probably use more time than is strictly required for the detail level normally visible in the actual game and I have a tendency to want to make larger packages but that is just the way I am. Then there is the issue with me working on quite a few units which tends to delay each individual one.

Currently I cannot give an estimate on when next update will be but I got a horse carriage, an M1A2 TUSK II, S-300 and Kirov guided missile cruiser that are more or less done.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Please be aware that there are some compatibility issues between this and the 9.0.75 beta patch.

I hope to have an updated version ready soon-ish but as I will be rebuilding my entire ID list amongst other things it might take a bit. I do not want to rush shifting to what will hopefully be a long term stable release situation that is not going to be influenced by any future BG releases.

Note next version will NOT be compatible with the current one as I will be shifting all content to mesh ID's in the high 3000's or low 4000's.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”