3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by MK4 »

Nerei wrote: For the Su-35 given that it would be using the same base model (even if very slightly modified) as the Su-27 it should probably have a rather distinct texture. I was thinking something like this
https://cdn4.img.sputniknews.com/images ... 322170.jpg
There are actually two Su-35 versions:
- the old one which also had canards (from the late 1980s iirc) of which only 15 were made and never entered service.
- the new one which is entering service with Russia and the PRC in numbers currently and is designated Su-35S. Apparently the S stands for series production:
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... nt-1536042
If you do make a Su-35 eventually you should make the 35S variant because the older one is largely irrelevant.

I think the picture you have is of the Su-35S prototype. Not that I have a problem with this as it certainly is attractive and very distinctive. For the in-service paintjobs you can choose between the following:
http://www.britmodeller.com/reviews/kit ... ofiles.jpg
The dark one would be the easiest but, perhaps not that different from what we have for the Su-34.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia-A ... MtyxdK/C5d

EDIT: now that I think of it, if you do want to make a Chinese texture for it (presuming you make the Su-35S in the first place) the dark camo would be equally distinctive (among the other Chinese Sukhois) and easy to make and you could use the one with green for Russia.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The Su-35 will probably happen at some point. It would mainly be retexture so it is not really that time consuming compared to making a new aircraft.
I agree the PRC version would probably be one of the dark aircraft while the Russian version would be a lighter colour. I might go with the blue over beige and green though.

Also except for adding colour gradients the M1128 is pretty much done.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The M1126 is pretty much done.
Like the M1128 it also comes in regular green. This model has a decent amount of space left on the UV map and building say a M1134 ATGM vehicle from it should not be hard.

The MIM 104 patriot semi trailer truck should also be ready for September. The Type 03 SAM might not make it however.

In total I hope to have these models ready.
M1126
M1128
Su-27
MIM104

That is on top of the Astute that I will also be adding to the download.
It might slip a day or two as the time I will have to work on actual conversion and checking models will be limited.

For next month so far the request list is:

CV-90
Mirage 2000C

I am open for a 3rd suggestion but I will prefer it being an aircraft as I do have limited time.

For next month getting my list of mostly mid to late cold war and modern US Navy vessels reduced is a priority. I got over 10 ships by last count and I really should get something done.
No it is not just going to be US Navy.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

I really like the Stryker!
This model has a decent amount of space left on the UV map and building say a M1134 ATGM vehicle from it should not be hard.
That`s very good news. As much as possible I think that should be done for all APCs and IFVs that would be made. Like the Patria or whatever else. It would look weird to have a correct looking CV90 for example and then its aa version be a vanilla based M113. Not that I`m asking for the dedicated versions to be made from the start, but it`s good for the possibility to be there.
For next month so far the request list is:

CV-90
Mirage 2000C

I am open for a 3rd suggestion but I will prefer it being an aircraft as I do have limited time.
Personally I`d go with the Su-30MKI (the one with canards used by India and Russia) just to get the unit out of my system :-) and because it should be fairly easy for you to make with the Su-27 already existing. Either this or you could take the opportunity to finish your Mi-28 helicopter.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

That is an option. I might also push the Su-30 back to next month and call requests Patria, Sukhoi and maybe another stryker month ^_-
I think the Patria would be fairly well covered with a Badger, AMOS and an APC version. I might actually be able to take the Kongsberg remote weapons station from the M1126. A. fictive (at least I cannot find one) ATGM version might also be possible.

Anyway progress on the MIM104
I am using a different ambient lights only rig for this render so it should more or less look like this in-game.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm not sure there is a "pure" ATGM version of AVM Patria since there are IFV variants with combination of autocannon and atgm on the same platform (rafael turret with spike or Kongsberg with javelin atgm).

Though, they did test Hellfire launching from Patria...that would be one HELL of a atgm variant :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Making that hellfire variant should definitely be possible but in any case it will not be happening before October at the earliest so plenty of time to look at reference etc.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am definitely not going to make a September 1st release as my desktop computer is right now packed away in 3 different boxes and it will stay like that for several days still. I might actually not have it ready before somewhere around September 5th.
The good thing though is that I can still work on my laptop and it might mean the Type 03 SAM might make it.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

The Patriot is gonna look impressive in game. For my own understanding, how difficult and time consuming was this to make? About as much as a ship?
I might also push the Su-30 back to next month and call requests Patria, Sukhoi and maybe another stryker month ^_-
That`s gonna be quite a month!
I think the Patria would be fairly well covered with a Badger, AMOS and an APC version.
When you say APC what exactly do you have in mind? The Rosomak with turret or something like the versions in use with Finland, Croatia etc. which have a RWS?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am hoping to have more time in October but no promises. Also the M1134 is basically just modifying the M1126 a bit which is not hard and the Sukhois will use a significant number of parts from the Su-27.
The Patria is really the only model I would have to build from the ground up and even then I can reuse parts. It is also largely just adding/replacing turrets for the different versions as well as a bit of texture adjustments.
As for an APC variant I was thinking of taking the standard Finish version with a Kongsberg RWS. I already have a RWS from the Stryker I can use so it is in part down to that. As for what turreted IFV version I really have not decided yet. I remember the Badger that is why I mentioned it.

I have no idea how long it has taken to make the Patriot. Part of the model is months old which does not really help. Also I am generally working short periods of time on them right now which makes it harder to keep track.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Nerei wrote: For next month so far the request list is:

CV-90
Mirage 2000C

Su-24 Fencer? :D

EDIT: or maybe one of these "exotic" ones: JF-17 Thunder (FC-1 Xiaolong), HAL Tejas, HESA Azarakhsh (basicaly F-5 with different texture), HESA Saeqeh...
Last edited by number47 on Sep 01 2017, edited 1 time in total.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

No love for ww2 planes ;)
I'd love to see one of the following :
Fiat CR.32, Fiat G.50, Breda Ba.65, Polikarpov I-15 or 16, Morane-Saulnier M.S.406, Dewoitine D.520 ^^
number47
General

Post by number47 »

vahadar wrote:No love for ww2 planes ;)
I'd love to see one of the following :
Fiat CR.32, Fiat G.50, Breda Ba.65, Polikarpov I-15 or 16, Morane-Saulnier M.S.406, Dewoitine D.520 ^^
There's plenty of love for wwii planes but since I prefer cold war to modern times scenarios, there is not much interest for me in requesting any :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I think you can call if a positive feedback loop. I personally tent to prefer modern aircraft and almost all requests I get is cold war or later so that have been getting priority. I have actually considered doing especially the Polikarpov I-15 but again requests made priority shift to more modern equipment.
I have no problems doing 1930's and 40's equipment and I will try and see if I can make a bit more old equipment. Especially aircraft should not be that demanding in terms of time required.
I will try and see if I can get the I-15 done sometime in September as I already have some work on it done.

Really though just bring up equipment you want to see. 30's and 40's is fine. If I appear to have forgotten it feel free to reming me once in a while. Chances are I might just have forgotten it.

As for 3rd request I am not entirely sure yet. I will work something out by the time I have the September release ready.
Again that might be a few days as my desktop is still disassembled.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

No worries, it is just a wish list ;)
You are doing an awsome work i'm fine whith whatever you do really (no no i'm not boot-licking^^)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”