3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by MK4 »

Happy New Year to everyone here!

Alright, I`ll choose the Pantsir then.

Nerei, is this list acceptable for the list of Soviet/Russian AA systems? If 4 is too many I`ll just drop my choice (the number four on the list). Again, my point in bringing this up was for the longer term.

1. SA-13 "Gopher" - if you make it please consider whether its development might help in the making of an eventual/potential MT-LB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K35_Strela-10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT-LB

2. SA-11 "Gadfly"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system

3. SA-6 "Gainful"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K12_Kub

4. SA-22 Greyhound
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsir-S1
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Like I said 3 or 4 is not that important so yes that is fine.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

MCH/AW101 pretty much done. I will probably not make more texture versions to get these done within reasonable time.
I might adjust the rotors if they appear bad in-game but that is hard to judge from these pictures. DXT compressing also does something unfortunately but uncompressed files are fairly large.

Also some work done on the Polikarpov I-15
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The Mi-28 is taking a bit longer than planned hence the delay. Other than that I have everything planned ready more or less. Conversion should not take too long, hopefully.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Most of the work is now done on the Mi-28. I might start converting files in a day or two. I would like to get the Type 214 done also as it is fairly close to being finished.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Great looking Havoc! It will really stand out with that camouflage.
Nerei wrote:The Mi-28 is taking a bit longer than planned hence the delay. Other than that I have everything planned ready more or less. Conversion should not take too long, hopefully.
We already know that you deliver so releasing something on the 1st, 7th or some other day is really not important. It takes as long as necessary...
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Maybe but technically speaking I can probably push this ahead months just by finishing off the half complete ships I have. Putting down some sort of deadline is probably not a bad idea.

In any case this is what I am aiming for (texture variants in parenthesis)

M41 Walker bulldog (Z variant of existing vehicle)
M-48A2 Patton (GIKUVZ)
T-72B (CQRXZ)
T-90A (QRXZ)
CV90
CV90 AAV
Mirage 2000C (FQVZ)
I-15 (RV)
Mi-28 (R)
AW/MCH 101 (JM)
US Navy Strike Cruiser concept
US Navy San Antonio class LPD
US Navy Midway class aircraft carrier roughly 1960
Cheng Kung/Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate. This is a bit mixed due to references used.
ROKN Son Won-il/Type 214 submarine
JMSDF Hayabusa FAC

Mk. 1 nuclear bomb
Mk. 3 nuclear bomb
Mk. 7 nuclear bomb
Mk. 8 nuclear bomb
Mk. 17 nuclear bomb
ASM-2
ASM-3
SSM-1
AGM-84 Harpoon
GBU-43B

Except for the M41 and a bit of work on the Cheng Kung this is all but done.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

hi all :-) help me plz
i have SRU version 9.1.38 and i was download the new model
and i was put it in the folder of the game ( files meshes copy + past in the folder meshes & the Picnums copy + past all new picnums in picnums in the folder Meshes of the game and the 2 picture UGBITS7 + UGBITS8 copy past in the folder graphics of the game and nothing change )
the s 300 same model the t 90 ms same model etc... etc.. same model unles the t 90 s and the Alty tank
but nothing change |O
plz how to install the new unit model in the game and thx for this job
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The majority of the models are included in the core game so unless you want the models from September you do not need to download anything.

That said to make the models appear you need to enable them in default.unit which is found in maps => data in your SR root folder.

There you have to find the units you want to change. The 2nd number after the name of the unit controls what model it uses

As an example here is the entry for the US F-15C
9236, "F-15C Eagle", 9, 66, 79, 145, 3, 4, 13, 5, 30, , UJ, 18, 2, , , 10388, , 1320, 12, 45, , 1687, , 6.300, 28.300, , , 12.90, , , 3540, , 49.300, 12.000, 6.000, 4, 4, 4, 38, 54, 0, 4, 0, 4, 45, 38, 4, 6, 2, 75, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, , , , 0, , , , , , , , , , 0, , , , 24, , 25, 1, 23, 0, , , , ,
To make it use the F-15 I made change the 66 to marked in red to 1626
9236, "F-15C Eagle", 9, 1626, 79, 145, 3, 4, 13, 5, 30, , UJ, 18, 2, , , 10388, , 1320, 12, 45, , 1687, , 6.300, 28.300, , , 12.90, , , 3540, , 49.300, 12.000, 6.000, 4, 4, 4, 38, 54, 0, 4, 0, 4, 45, 38, 4, 6, 2, 75, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, , , , 0, , , , , , , , , , 0, , , , 24, , 25, 1, 23, 0, , , , ,
You have to do this for every unit you want to change. There is a complete list of models I have released on page 29 of this thread.

After that you need to recache whatever scenario, sandbox or campaign you want these to change.
For that you remove the cache file of your choice. These can be found in the cache folder located in the SR root directory.
The scenario files in found in say the sandbox folder can tell you what sav files to remove from the cache folder.

Once you have removed your the sav file from the cache folder start the sandbox, scenario or campaign you want to change. The game will hang now for potentially quite a few minutes while it is building a new cache file.
Once it is done it will return you to the main menu.
At this point you will have to locate the new cache file.
By default it is located in documents => my games => supreme ruler ultimate => savegame
You can identify the file on that it has "C A C H E D" in the name and besides it should be the newest file.
Rename it to have the same filename as the one you removed from the cache folder, place it there and you should be ready.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The Cheng Kung class frigate is done. The Z regional variant for the M41 is almost there also. I am adjusting the texture for the M41 to be a bit more friendly for future modifications. Not sure how much point there is to this as the M42 and M44 are different enough that it would only be usable for select parts but still.
Assuming I do not end up making other Z regional textures I might start converting models now.
Main difference visually from a US Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate is the number on the side of the hull, missile canisters mounted between the 2 tall masts and 2 40mm Bofors mounted midships near the 76mm cannon.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I decided that the M1 could do with a Z regional texture which should be a fairly simple thing to do. However while looking at it I found a few things that could do with an improvement. Once that was done I thought it might not be that much of a challenge to create a version without the TUSK II kit. The resulting vehicle ended up looking a bit empty so I took some props from the M1126, M48 and made a few more and this is the result.

The US version might need a bit more work in part as the pattern is identical for both the TUSK and non-TUSK version.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

They look awesome! It`s gonna be a nice improvement in game too as the vanilla M1A1 in desert camo did not look that natural next to your TUSK II.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Apache regional variants. Most of these are fairly simple. The 2nd from the rear is an as of yet still incomplete ROK version. Not that there is really that much to it except a bit of text and a low visibility roundel. Really the only ones doing anywhere near a decent job painting their AH-64's are the JGSDF and IDF.
Most carry roundels but the US apparently does not so I gave it eyes and teeth to make it stand out.
The rearmost is a generic version. I lightened it a bit more than the other to make it stand out compared to all the other nations that paint their AH-64's nearly identical. What a lack of creativity.

Unlike the M1A2 that has minor mesh alterations these are purely texture updates.

Also a bt like the M1A2 this came about after I started looking at the JGSDF AH-64 texture and found some errors.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have now started porting the models over to .x format. This might take a bit but hopefully not too long.

Also AH-1 Cobras
Yes the ROC technically operates AH-1W Super cobras not regular Cobras but hey I cannot guarantee I will ever make one of those and this was fairly easy to do.
These mesh for these have been slightly modified (UV map changes).

Neither it nor the AH-64 is not going with default tank green anymore.

If there is anything special people want within reason for this release please let me know. Within reason is things like minor texture modifications such as a tan M1 or removing the star from the Mi-28.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thanks for making texture versions for the AH-1 and AH-64! They`ll fit much better visually outside Japan now.
Nerei wrote: If there is anything special people want within reason for this release please let me know. Within reason is things like minor texture modifications such as a tan M1 or removing the star from the Mi-28.
Regarding the Mi-28, yes, please! :-) Also, if possible, the French texture of the Mirage without the French national markings.

EDIT: btw, please save the renders you`re using for the ugbits. I`d like to have them for my own files.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”