3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by MK4 »

Nerei wrote:It would not just be for rebels. It is a vehicle that has some value for say more irregular african armies.
Yes, that I know. My point was that I do not know what makes a unit available to rebels. If they`re defined separately and do not depend on some region code shared by other factions then one just has to make the unit available to certain African region codes so that some nations can deploy them too. The other countries won`t have access to them unless the Ai has in the meantime learned to trade military designs with itself. I haven`t looked into non-tradeable technologies so far. It might be the most elegant way to solve the thing. Anyway, I did not meant to bother you with this.
I have not checked all warship models in detail but I do not think there is any small missile armed FAC's.
If you mean vanilla, I don`t think there is any. I was rather inquiring if you have something on your extended list that might pass for such classes.
Also more work done on US Navy warships.
Well, at this rate you might manage to complete your 8 ships list for the month.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

It is not a problem. I like trying to figure these things out within the constraints of game mechanics. I am just not experienced enough with the exact functionality to ensure my solution is entirely functional.

As for small FAC's I am considering making a Hayabusa patrol vessel at some point. It is not exactly the same size as the Sa'ar 4 but it is a small missile boat. If/when I get around to making Israeli units I might make a few navy vessels also.

I might make it with the planned vessels but part of it might also be that I am planning to move releases to the middle of the month. In the case for October it is also a good move as I will be busy from around the 14th and some time forward.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Nerei wrote:It is not a problem. I like trying to figure these things out within the constraints of game mechanics. I am just not experienced enough with the exact functionality to ensure my solution is entirely functional.

As for small FAC's I am considering making a Hayabusa patrol vessel at some point. It is not exactly the same size as the Sa'ar 4 but it is a small missile boat. If/when I get around to making Israeli units I might make a few navy vessels also.

I might make it with the planned vessels but part of it might also be that I am planning to move releases to the middle of the month. In the case for October it is also a good move as I will be busy from around the 14th and some time forward.
I think the French Combatte series might be good, it was used in different forms over the years for the French, Germans and Israeli's in several different models.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Greece, Iran, Libya and a number of other navies also for that matter. The Iranian navy is using them as the basis for their future FAC's too.
I fully agree the La Combattante is an important vessel and a good representation for a missile armed FAC.
Together with say an Osa missile boat it might cover a lot of navies fairly well (I have not checked if there are any in-game and I will need to get on my desktop to do that).

The issue with the La Combattante however is I have no good reference for it. Finding pictures as such is easy but ideally I want some orthographic (blueprint style) projections.
I have those for the Hayabusa and Osa though.

Ideally I want something like this for the La Combattante.

In particular I am missing a top view of the La Combattante although the best side views are also quite low resolution. If any of you got something like that it would make it far more likely to happen as building the model from regular images takes far longer.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I'll have a look over the weekend and get back to you.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

More work done on the Midway and Missouri.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Sorry I have been quite busy the last week or so. Not much progress really. Again situations like this is the reason I decided to move releases to the middle of the month.

Also I will be doing some refreshing on character modelling and rigging over the next few months.
This will naturally conflict quite a bit with making SR models and these will not be usable in SR games. Chances are also I will make something not related to modern military equipment just to do something different.
I will not really start on it until I am done with this collection of unit models but the next one will probably not contain many models. I do not plan on doing the 3 unit requests for this period as I am not sure I will be able to actually complete it.

I am considering going with a theme for each release period (which might also be adjusted) instead for any new models I make. I am open to any suggestions for what this could be.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Just to clarify: the 3 units requested for this month (CV9040B, Mirage 2000 and ... something) will make it, right?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Maybe the 3rd can be a T-72 without ERA? Since that wouldn't take much time :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The plan is to include the Mirage and others yes. The caveat however is that I basically have no time to work on them or any other models as I currently have days ending around 9-11 in the evening.

Also the list right now is Mirage 2000C, CV90 and I-15.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Nerei, I just wanted to thank you for the support you are providing to this game. Your work and dedication have been outstanding! Kudos!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I has also taken up just about all my sparetime for well over 18 months now ^_-

I am not planning to kill this off but depending on how much I can actually manage to get done I might delay next release.

Doing something other than just making low tris military models for a bit will probably also be good and as mentioned I have not working with character modelling and rigging for I guess 2 years now so I think it is about time I refresh it.
Admittedly that I recently got a PVC figure I would like to use as reference might also be influencing me a bit ^_-
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Nerei wrote:I has also taken up just about all my sparetime for well over 18 months now ^_-
I`d also like to ... well, adding thanks after this one seems almost out of touch with reality, but none the less: thank you for all your work and even more so since you`ve also taken requests and shared everything with us (including BG - though I don`t really care about them anymore)!
I am not planning to kill this off but depending on how much I can actually manage to get done I might delay next release.

Doing something other than just making low tris military models for a bit will probably also be good and as mentioned I have not working with character modelling and rigging for I guess 2 years now so I think it is about time I refresh it.
Admittedly that I recently got a PVC figure I would like to use as reference might also be influencing me a bit ^_-
If you`ll still work on this from time to time maybe you could try finishing your past work. There are some units on that wip list (the non-Japanese and non-naval :P ) that to me at least are very desirable. Some seemed pretty well advanced too. Either way, I wish you all the best!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am still going to work on this. Like I said I am not killing it off but it will be low activity for maybe a few months.
This is just a low activity period where I will also be doing something else.

I am stopping monthly request for now as I cannot promise I will be able to get them done. I will still try and cover suggested models but I will not give any definite release dates on them or any other models as chances are I cannot keep them.
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

Nerei wrote:I am still going to work on this. Like I said I am not killing it off but it will be low activity for maybe a few months.
This is just a low activity period where I will also be doing something else.

I am stopping monthly request for now as I cannot promise I will be able to get them done. I will still try and cover suggested models but I will not give any definite release dates on them or any other models as chances are I cannot keep them.
You have already done such a great job! No matter if you are going to continue working on this, you have my respect. Thanks for your effort!

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”