Limiting technologies?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

jc_smo
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Limiting technologies?

Post by jc_smo »

Hello, I wonder if there is any way to limit the use of technology.
More specifically, it is to prohibit the use of advanced / futuristic military designs.

After that u can get advanced designs, the game completely loses its novelty. There is no more chance of u lose any war. Can you rule the world with no strategy and iso totally undermines the structure of the game, missing all the fun.

Myself, already tired of playing world scenarios, fighting to keep me very diplomatically. When you reach higher designes, the game almost over. With few units can take over the world and the intense weeks of play, complete in a few hours.

Does anyone know any mod which restricts military futuristic designs, or know how to make a mod to restrict?
I thank you attention! ???
ZEvans96
Major

Re: Limiting technologies?

Post by ZEvans96 »

Well if you're worried about having too much advantage over the ai then limit yourself. Don't research advanced designs, research civilians and technology, etc instead of military.
jc_smo
Sergeant

Post by jc_smo »

The intention is that the technologies stop in our current era. Advanced military troops too are extremely higher than the other, and after a nation reaches this level the game completely loses grace. So why ask if you have to make a "mod" which limit up to a certain age technologies, so the game remains faithful and always have high playability, to even more who love sandbox like me.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

If you cancel futuristic techs and units, there will be not any progress after 2017, because we don't have real data for the future and the game is based in forecasts. So when regions reach the current tech level, they will just stockpile the latest known units.

So your topic should be that game's forecasts for future techs and units is not enough realistic. What is and what is not realistic when talking about the future?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

true, but alot has changed past 20 years, so an update on units (and techs!) wont hurt.
Gameplay 1st
jc_smo
Sergeant

Post by jc_smo »

The biggest problem with future technologies (military units) is that the player always gets the lead in these searches. Many countries still use precarious technologies. From this point you can declare war on everyone because with few units you dominate the world!

For this reason I would like to limit the military technologies to not arrive at the futuristic units that dominate the game alone!

Does anyone here know how to do this unit limitation?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Sure, just have to delete the associated techs in the tech file :lol:
Gameplay 1st
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

jc_smo wrote:The biggest problem with future technologies (military units) is that the player always gets the lead in these searches. Many countries still use precarious technologies. From this point you can declare war on everyone because with few units you dominate the world!

For this reason I would like to limit the military technologies to not arrive at the futuristic units that dominate the game alone!

Does anyone here know how to do this unit limitation?
I think problem is AI dont' search new units..it depends by defcon..if in peace a country never search new unit.
Con forza ed ardimento
jc_smo
Sergeant

Post by jc_smo »

YoMomma wrote:Sure, just have to delete the associated techs in the tech file :lol:
Can I delete these technologies even after I've started a game? For example: Deleting these technologies as I see them appear in the game (They always appear before me because I spend a lot of technology to keep ahead of rivals).

What I wanted to say was: Can I delete it as soon as I know what it is? I save the game, I close it, I turn off the technology, I open the game and I keep playing without it? Or do I have to delete before starting a new game?

PS: What is the technology file? xD
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I dont think it will work on saved games. You can try tho, dont think anything can happen as everything should be in saved file.

The file is in maps/data/DEFAULT.TTRX

Im not responsible if it causes crashes because game missing tech files. I never tried this.

Another way is deleting the units. Thats probably safer thinking about it.
Gameplay 1st
jc_smo
Sergeant

Post by jc_smo »

I deleted it as inputs from the "engineers" to test and it did not work. Whether it's a new game or a saved game, engineers can still be made!

Any idea how to exclude military units and they are actually excluded?

PS: I'm starting games in "sandbox - World 2020" mode
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Your problem lies in the .CVP file. If regions already got the engineer design, removing the technology doesn't mather.
jc_smo wrote: Any idea how to exclude military units and they are actually excluded?
The units are located in maps/data/DEFAULT.UNIT

PS i think your in for a never ending job man. So many units and techs. Some units are really strong in their time and still strong 20-40 years later. So yeah, but you asked. I guess i forgot to say you need to cache the save game file again after changes |O
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”