modding tools?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

redindus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

modding tools?

Post by redindus »

Is there any tools for modding those compiled .sav files? I use to do a lot of work into Pacific Storm Allies, had to unpack those .xml from binary into .xml normal format. Then compile back when done, so wonder if that can be done with this game.

Unfort I didn't like the way Balthagor had setup example of doing the cache files, still having problems doing those step by step, there gotta be easy way to get around that.

Unless someone can explain me how the cache work step by step that is easier to understand. I do want to get back in that game, but it is lack of many things that need to be corrected.
redindus
Warrant Officer

Re: modding tools?

Post by redindus »

Well it was tricky, but I manage to figure out how to do it. Not that hard to do, but it is alittle strange how it work. Now I can correct some details I been trying to do here. One thing is was driving me crazy is those advisor names for Japan, they had Chinese names.
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

How'd you do this and have you figured out the limits of this?
redindus
Warrant Officer

Post by redindus »

Well it is kinda strange, Balthagor mention that it needed to be baked, after you delete that file or the right one. Goto game, load it up, wait til it done, then it would warp back to main menu. So check your document folders or where ever your saved game is located. Then you should see Cache-SR1936.sav there (SR1936 scenario). So I removed "Cache-", so it should look like this SR1936.sav, then put that in Cache folder, and you good to go.

You would have to locate the file(s) you are looking for to change, for example units would be under Map/Data/Default.Unit and that would be in any Cache file, so if you want to start at 1936 onward, then pull SR1936.

Like Balthagor mention on wikis, the file(s) needed to be baked and you don't have to pull all cache files, just the one you want to play and it wont take long to baked it and saved it under that folder. Before doing so, make sure you make a backup on those files you are altering, incase you screwed up somewhere, otherwise you gonna have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing again.

Each of those files handle different situations under cache folder, you may need to experiment and see if you find it or not.
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

Yeah we desperately need dedicated modding tools for SR:Ultimate

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”