Zuikaku's mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

andres02020202
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Zuikaku's mod

Post by andres02020202 »

I registered just to tell you: Congratulations on the new update!

I installed the mod and I'm liking it so far. the game feels more alive (maybe I'm just imagining things) the USA has built more units and is more active, also China conquested Japan and Germany the USSR kind of too fast (then again maybe I'm having bad/good luck). Does this ever happen in one of your games?.
I also wanted to ask: how is the ETW-your mod-Mix going? I'm very interested in trying some economic mod as well, your mod and ETW would complement each other perfectly IMHO.

Again congratulations and good work! keep it coming!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

andres02020202 wrote:I registered just to tell you: Congratulations on the new update!
Thank you! It is a great honour that somebody likes this mod that much :-)
andres02020202 wrote: I installed the mod and I'm liking it so far. the game feels more alive (maybe I'm just imagining things) the USA has built more units and is more active,
Not really sure that this have something to do with my mod. Depends what you mean by "more alive"?
andres02020202 wrote:also China conquested Japan and Germany the USSR kind of too fast (then again maybe I'm having bad/good luck). Does this ever happen in one of your games?.
Yes, these things happen. USSR AI have some serious problems with keeping too many units in reserve in '36 scenario. Don't really know what causes that, maybe it is unable to react due to great distances and wast territory it deals with. As result, any invador can rather quickly defeat USSR.
andres02020202 wrote: I also wanted to ask: how is the ETW-your mod-Mix going? I'm very interested in trying some economic mod as well, your mod and ETW would complement each other perfectly IMHO.
Don't really know. He asked me if he can use my mod and I agreed. After that he proposed to communicate through Steam but I have failde to find his account so ... my fault... don't like Steam so am inexperienced user...
andres02020202 wrote: Again congratulations and good work! keep it coming!
I'll try, thank you! :-)
Please teach AI everything!
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

this MOD is great. Thanks for your time and effort.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Unless something has seriously changed not long ago (I have not really played since CB was broken) you can at least in part blame the RoC defeating Japan on BG either not having a clue what the Chinese civil war was or just completely ignoring it. The KMT controlling nearly all of mainland China is just wrong in so many ways I hardly know where to start describing it.
A proper representation could see as many as 10 different factions and that is "not" including mengjian (or the Mongol military government as it was called in 1936), Manchukuo and the host of different puppet governments set up by Japan during the 2nd Sino-Japanese war.

That said nice to see a new update. I will probably wait for BG to fix CB so all version of volatility bar none is not "torch the world" before I give it a try.

I can also safely say you are not the only one that does not really like Steam.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

BG cant even represent Spanish civil war, let alone puppets with all the issues they have.

Nice work on your mod, my suggestion would be to lower manpower of garrisons. In 2020 scenarios within the year 90% of regions hardly have manpower available.
Gameplay 1st
andres02020202
Corporal

Post by andres02020202 »

Thanks for all the answers.

With "more alive" I meant almost every country has at least some units and garrison (as I said it could be only a placebo effect or because of the settings I used this time)
About China and USSR before playing with the mod I played some games and Japan did conquer China and USSR was able to stand Germany's wrath even though the USSR lost almost half of they territory they didn't surrender and were trying to fight back (again it might be because of the settings or luck).

That's a shame about the ETW-mod I hope Thadwookie gets back in contact with you. I'm gonna pray all the gods until this unHoly combination becomes a reality :D

I wish you all happy holidays.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

YoMomma wrote:BG cant even represent Spanish civil war, let alone puppets with all the issues they have.

Nice work on your mod, my suggestion would be to lower manpower of garrisons. In 2020 scenarios within the year 90% of regions hardly have manpower available.
Can somebody just mod Nationalistic Spain and Republican Spain together with Communist China? I know somebody here knows how to do this.

The problem with garrisons is much deeper than just manpower. If they woul'd evolve over the time, they woul'd be very, very usefull, even after 2020. And I think this can be done, but George is gone :-(
andres02020202 wrote:Thanks for all the answers.
You are welcome :-)
andres02020202 wrote: With "more alive" I meant almost every country has at least some units and garrison (as I said it could be only a placebo effect or because of the settings I used this time)
To be honest, I don't think this have anything to do with my mod.
andres02020202 wrote: About China and USSR before playing with the mod I played some games and Japan did conquer China and USSR was able to stand Germany's wrath even though the USSR lost almost half of they territory they didn't surrender and were trying to fight back (again it might be because of the settings or luck).
Did USSR kept most of it's units in reserve during the invasion?
andres02020202 wrote: That's a shame about the ETW-mod I hope Thadwookie gets back in contact with you. I'm gonna pray all the gods until this unHoly combination becomes a reality :D
I'm really not sure what he needs for his mod, but he is free to use any part of my mod he needs any time.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Zuikaku wrote:
YoMomma wrote:BG cant even represent Spanish civil war, let alone puppets with all the issues they have.

Can somebody just mod Nationalistic Spain and Republican Spain together with Communist China? I know somebody here knows how to do this.
If those regions are already in the CVP file i can do that in no time, but they are not. So it is not something you just do, need data on those regions. Not even talking about events. My interest in WW2 in this game is not that high.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

YoMomma wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:

If those regions are already in the CVP file i can do that in no time, but they are not. So it is not something you just do, need data on those regions. Not even talking about events. My interest in WW2 in this game is not that high.
So, again, something only BGs can do...
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Half the problem is Japan just conquering all of China is just as unrealistic as China conquering Japan. Yes as a player we can do it but that is as much down to us exploiting mechanics and the AI being well not the smartest ever.

In reality Japan made some progress in the north and along the coast but effectively ground to a halt. The borders in 1941 was not "that" different from what they where in 1938 and fairly little happened from there until Japan surrendered in 1945.
Honestly I cannot see Japan ever really "winning" the 2nd Sino-Japanese war if winning requires conquering all of China.

Basically China needs to be more or less completely unable to conquer Manchukuo or Mengjian (and most definitely "not" the Japanese home Islands, that would be a major undertaking for 1945 USA) but quite capable of resisting a Japanese invasion. Unless it is unified it should not have the strength to do much else and given people like Chiang Kai-sheks priorities (and what they would actually be capable of) that should also be the order they try to do things.

The best way to represent this would probably be to have several of the warlord cliques present along with both the KMT and CPC (basically while the KMT should be the largest the rest combined should be stronger and capable of keeping them at bay for some time at least if needed).
All of these factions should have very limited offensive but good defensive abilities so basically something along the lines of not that many units or production facilities but plenty of manpower for garrisons.
Only when Japan invades should the different factions stop fighting each other though still not to the point where they are an organised force. Particularly the warlords should be fairly passive towards the Japanese invaders if simply out of fear that even if they win they would probably deplete their limited resources to the point where their neighbours would be capable of defeating them.

Just adding the CPC is not really going to cut it. While there where pockets of communists around the country the CPC under Mao basically only controlled parts of Shaanxi after the long march in 1934-35. If it is only the CPC and KMT the KMT will either have to ignore the CPC or they will be gone long before the Marco Polo bridge incident.
The CPC really only mattered much in the 2nd part of the civil war (1945-49) where they where far better at gathering popular support than the KMT and also had quite a bit of support from the USSR.

No with what YoMomma said that setup is probably never going to happen but it is basically required to represent the Chinese civil war in any meaningful way. The game engine does not handle rebels nearly well enough for the CPC to be present as the sole enemy for the nationalist unified with the warlord cliques to fight. The territory they actually controlled is not nearly enough.
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

Pls Add MBT Altay For Turkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_(tank)
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

And can i use " USSR Units Pack [beta] " mod with your mod they share same file "DEFAULT.UNIT"
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

CrowKing wrote:Pls Add MBT Altay For Turkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_(tank)
Altay is already in the stock game.

I think that you can use my mod with " USSR Units Pack [beta] ", but units in my default.unit file are not "linked" with new meshes. Try and see how it works.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Altay is in stock game, but Turkey can not produce or research them. Instead they have Leclerc TLFC.

I think that's what he mean. I noticed this with many countries in 2020. For some reason their units are not connected.

So not sure if you want to fix this, since you said you wanna focus on correcting WW2 units.

Edit: If you add 2486 in the CVP file under Turkey->unitdesigns it should be there. You will also need to do this for globalcrisis if you want to play that (i think shattered world also uses this CVP file). And ofcourse recache the game. I think the problem is the game does not show units you can research if you have the tech already but not unit design in the CVP file. If that makes sence. :lol:
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

YoMomma wrote:Altay is in stock game, but Turkey can not produce or research them. Instead they have Leclerc TLFC.

I think that's what he mean. I noticed this with many countries in 2020. For some reason their units are not connected.

So not sure if you want to fix this, since you said you wanna focus on correcting WW2 units.

Edit: If you add 2486 in the CVP file under Turkey->unitdesigns it should be there. You will also need to do this for globalcrisis if you want to play that (i think shattered world also uses this CVP file). And ofcourse recache the game. I think the problem is the game does not show units you can research if you have the tech already but not unit design in the CVP file. If that makes sence. :lol:
So you wanna say that Altay is not set as researched for turkey?? I can do that.

I'll fix anything I can. My work on WW2 units is mostly done. And if you look at my changelog, you can see I'm fixing any units I can find. Problem is I can find most of the errors while playing the game.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”