Supreme ruler Ultimate Gold

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Supreme ruler Ultimate Gold

Post by YoMomma »

So far we know BG isn't planning another game. Still hard to believe a gaming company updating the game that long won't have plans for gold, but oh well thats the name of the project now. Copyrighted by me! 8)
There are so many things which need updating, i feel the need to start this project. If alone to clean up the CVP file. Like if i add a tech it would be nice everything is in order etc. and not double or just lame in the modding files doing nothing but waste people's time.

Im looking for volunteers! I have a lot to offer like increase modding rank and other stuff :lol:

My ideas are as follow:

- Huge tech overhaul. Need more techs for the resources. Else economy looking very bad in future. A gamer might think then i can not meet demand, but you should know demand means sales, sales mean money. Especially agriculture is my aim, but now in like 2030 all production resources are useless. BG is also neglecting quality of products so maybe we can throw in some techs that way.

This file can be used for all era's, so should be good for all future mods.

- Units
More futuristic units for neglected regions since SR 2010 like South Africa, Pakistan, India, Egypt, maybe create some more nations for units like Saudi Arabia, Isis, etc. Spread more of the superpower unit designs to the smaller regions, so map is not full of crappy stuff.

- Units inventory
Remove scrap units for regions. That's like 50% of the units of the super powers alone. No point in having some units in a modern map. That will be a huge game speed increase. I believe AI check's how many units it has and the quality of it and accordingly build more or not.

- Relations
Russia vs Ukraine, do i need to say more? War going on for a cpl of years now.

-Nations
Isis...

- Map economy/facilities
Chernobyl still active etc. Also want to discuss more of this like adding more airbase and maybe even use suppy depots. Aim is to bring economy to rl. Something Fistalis did great in his modern world.

And for now almost ending with that..
We gonna need huge update database. Need everything modded in a list, so we can correct and discuss possible mistakes.

But sometimes this forum seems mostly dead with sometimes old school logging in or a lost soul coming from HoI, so not sure if it is worth it spamming the forum with this.
Obviously i like the game alot. It has huge potential, but BG seems more focused in more development instead of modding and with that increasing game play. I wish there was a way everyone involved could get a paycheck, but i am just a poor peasant.

I am looking for lots of involvement. Testers, feedback, maybe someone more experienced in modding could be leader. I will step down to right hand then (yes poking you Fistalis :-) )
We gonna need huge update database. Need everything modded in a list, so we can correct and discuss possible mistakes.

Aim is modern world. Basicly modern world Fistalis build before but updated for SR:U and ofcourse to be better. I prolly forgot some files and stuff, maybe we can share that with other scenario's as well as techs file. Ofcourse im open for more ideas to Supreme Ruler Ultimate Gold. Keep in mind we can't do magic tho. Bugs, issues and stuff is mostly without reach for modders. If you have sources which prove there is something wrong, then i am interested.

If none is interested i will keep the files for myself, because then the work is all mine. And then i will look to make some money out of it (must be someone still playing daily sometimes like me :oops: ). It's after all a huge project. I am open to put NATO alliances in the game, but not if Russia and China are as weak as now in game. Game will be over in 2 years with Russia/China dead..
Gameplay 1st
rangers456
Sergeant

Re: Supreme ruler Ultimate Gold

Post by rangers456 »

This looks interesting. I like the idea of upgrading SR 2020. Personally i have little to no experience modding. the most i have done is combine a few regions. I have also managed to make ISIS a playable region in SRU but only because the loyalty was already there. there is no loyalty for it in SR 2020 so my process wouldn't work. i have no idea how to mod beyond that so I wouldn't be much help there. I could help test. :-) I think this can turn out to be a great mod and hope you decide to proceed with it.
P.s. I think you put this post in the wrong thread.
"Do you know what a soldier is? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war.”
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

rangers456 wrote:This looks interesting. I like the idea of upgrading SR 2020. Personally i have little to no experience modding. the most i have done is combine a few regions. I have also managed to make ISIS a playable region in SRU but only because the loyalty was already there. there is no loyalty for it in SR 2020 so my process wouldn't work. i have no idea how to mod beyond that so I wouldn't be much help there. I could help test. :-) I think this can turn out to be a great mod and hope you decide to proceed with it.
P.s. I think you put this post in the wrong thread.
Great! Nice to meet you :) Now i will start think further on how to proceed. I'm no expert modder either, but im not afraid of testing the files and i do basicly understand most of the mod files with help of mod tools available. Starting modern world is better then waiting. Just hopefully when we run into a dead road, the experienced modders can help us. Just hope Fistalis wan't to be leader of the project and tell us what to do. Maybe someone else old school.

I will wait a couple of days and see who are interested in doing this project together with atleast rangers456. Then i will unfold my plans for W2020, Shattered world, Global Crisis and if people want to work on other scenario's as well! Let's achieve Supreme Ruler Ultimate like we all expected it. Maybe with diplomacy updates etc. from BG it will be possible. Map editor for raw resource and population would also be nice.

ps. im not sure if it should be in discussion? maybe Balt wan't to move it there. We can use all help we can get.
Gameplay 1st
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

I could try to help you. I can only do basic modding right now though lol
rangers456
Sergeant

Post by rangers456 »

I thought you were referring to SR 2020. you mean SRU right? If so i can share my Isis save with you guys and maybe we can work off that. just pm me with your email so i can send it to you. Hope we can get this somewhere.
(I think this is in the right thread if your talking SRU)
EDIT:
also I think we should work on Germany's tech tree as a side thing because its pretty empty after WW2.
"Do you know what a soldier is? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war.”
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

I'd be more than willing to give advice or even do some small modding to help... as to being a project leader. I don't have the free time that would be needed to manage such a project.. and if i did and i spent it modding something other than the MW mod the community would rightfully hate me for it. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

ZEvans96 wrote:I could try to help you. I can only do basic modding right now though lol
That's great. We can help you on the way.
rangers456 wrote:I thought you were referring to SR 2020. you mean SRU right? If so i can share my Isis save with you guys and maybe we can work off that. just pm me with your email so i can send it to you. Hope we can get this somewhere.
(I think this is in the right thread if your talking SRU)
EDIT:
also I think we should work on Germany's tech tree as a side thing because its pretty empty after WW2.
Yes, i mean modding SRU. My plan involves revamp of region's techs. Ofcourse we must be carefull not to go too far and keep it as realistic as possible, but region techs definitely need to be looked at and discussed. For example; do we give all techs to the bigger regions till a certain date? This is a big department to give regions a "face" if you know what i mean and must be carefull not to loose that.
I dont know how to mod from a save file? Or do you mean the mod files? If so great you will be reviver of Isis.
Fistalis wrote:I'd be more than willing to give advice or even do some small modding to help... as to being a project leader. I don't have the free time that would be needed to manage such a project.. and if i did and i spent it modding something other than the MW mod the community would rightfully hate me for it. :wink:
Yea, i thought something like that. I can understand and kinda expected that. I hope you wont mind im gonna use you as an advisor. If i go to far, just tell me.
What do you all think. Should we setup the project on this forum? I dont wanna spam, but ofcourse it's BG game and we can use all help of the community. Im thinking about different topics where we can discuss specific smaller projects, especially for techs.
Gameplay 1st
rangers456
Sergeant

Post by rangers456 »

i don't know if you want to go that far back but what i mean is i usually see Germany survive past 1945 in the ww2 sandboxes. so by 1960 the Germans are still using tiger 2's and Pz. IV's so, i think we should add some theoretical designs to their tree just to balance it out during the cold war period.
I could suggest some designs if need be.
Fistalis wrote:I don't have the free time that would be needed to manage such a project.. and if i did and i spent it modding something other than the MW mod the community would rightfully hate me for it. :wink:
lol :lol:
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

rangers456 wrote:i don't know if you want to go that far back but what i mean is i usually see Germany survive past 1945 in the ww2 sandboxes. so by 1960 the Germans are still using tiger 2's and Pz. IV's so, i think we should add some theoretical designs to their tree just to balance it out during the cold war period.
I could suggest some designs if need be.
You know what. I will copy all the scenario's. 1936, CW, Shattered world, Global Crisis, W2020 and rename them to 1936_gold, etc. Modify then .scenario file so it does not cache with units plus load the correct files and we start of there. This will be version 0.01
Im setting up things now. Maybe its easy i will get your email adresses in a pm so we can use google drive documents where possible.
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I have some delay.. And now it's time to sleep.
For some reason i can cache 1936, 1940, 1941 and cw. Modern scenario's however keep recaching. Maybe fault on my side, maybe there is a fault in the scenario files (prolly trying to load regions lacking data in either .cvp, .regionincl, .csv). Ill look at it tomorrow and publish 2 lists.

1. SRU.Gold-MOD master list (here we can keep track of what is done, by who, etc.)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

2. SRU.Gold-Project master list (here will be all projects listed)
still have to make this one

Ill be back tomorrow and give my modding team access to the files.
Gameplay 1st
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

YoMomma wrote: What do you all think. Should we setup the project on this forum? I dont wanna spam, but ofcourse it's BG game and we can use all help of the community. Im thinking about different topics where we can discuss specific smaller projects, especially for techs.
Setting it up here is fine.. however at some point one HUGE thread will become a cluster of 10 different subjects being discussed and hard to keep track of posts.(ask me how i know) If needed we can setup its own sub forum on my forum board at that point. That way each scenario etc can get its own sub board with individual threads discussing particulars. Alternatively you could always setup a forum on proboards specifically for just this project.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I found quit a bit of strange things. About 20 regions lacking in either GC2020.csv or GlobalCrisis.REGIONINCL or already grouped under a region in GlobalCrisis.CVP. I think this is the reason why it keep recaching. Im trying to fix it.

Im just running into something i need to be discussed because it will already be different then vanilla.
Georgia: Right now (and for about 25 years) Abkazia and South Ossetia is not under control of Georgia. Question is what is it. Colony from Russia, independent state or annexed by Russia?
Also what about Crimea? In my opinion it's annexed by Russia, while DNR is puppet (might change in future). But that can be later fixed.
Im running into what to do with South Ossetia and Abkhazia. In my opinion they are colonies of Russia?
Gameplay 1st
rangers456
Sergeant

Post by rangers456 »

YoMomma wrote:I found quit a bit of strange things. About 20 regions lacking in either GC2020.csv or GlobalCrisis.REGIONINCL or already grouped under a region in GlobalCrisis.CVP. I think this is the reason why it keep recaching. Im trying to fix it.

Im just running into something i need to be discussed because it will already be different then vanilla.
Georgia: Right now (and for about 25 years) Abkazia and South Ossetia is not under control of Georgia. Question is what is it. Colony from Russia, independent state or annexed by Russia?
Also what about Crimea? In my opinion it's annexed by Russia, while DNR is puppet (might change in future). But that can be later fixed.
Im running into what to do with South Ossetia and Abkhazia. In my opinion they are colonies of Russia?
These two nations are considered puppets of Russia by Georgia, individual states by each other and not recognized at all by the UN. The Russians have said this, "A decision needs to be taken based on the situation on the ground. Considering the freely expressed will of the Ossetian and Abkhaz peoples and being guided by the provisions of the UN Charter, the 1970 Declaration on the Principles of International Law Governing Friendly Relations Between States,[24] the CSCE Helsinki Final Act of 1975 and other fundamental international instruments, I signed Decrees on the recognition by the Russian Federation of South Ossetia's and Abkhazia's independence.
Russia calls on other states to follow its example. This is not an easy choice to make, but it represents the only possibility to save human lives." You have the final say here but I think you are right with them being colonies of Russia. as for Crimea the Russians do have control of most of the peninsula and has troops stationed there so i say it is well annexed by the Russians. glad to see the mod is progressing. :D
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Thanks for the feedback rangers456. Sometimes you just want to hear from someone you are on the right track.

Time for some sleep again tho, but not before i give rangers456 and ZEvans96 access to the files.
I dont have much projects yet. I need to plan some time to scan the forums, but first want to finish version 0.01
If my modding team feels bored or anyone wants to help, post some projects here or give me email in pm and i give you access to the project list on google drive.

I am still looking for more moderators and testers. The mess im seeing now shows you will need a big team.
I want whole CVP cleaned up. Grouping, techs, unit designs, everything ordered from low to high numbers so it is easy to find and well it is good mojo. If anyone want to start with that let me know.

Project master list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Tomorrow ill have some more time and hope to publish 0.01
Gameplay 1st
Albatross69969
Corporal

Post by Albatross69969 »

omg wish i could help plezz try and fix the japan china issue as it kills the game in the 1936 sandbox start.i could help you test thou when you have a working [_]B :P :D

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”