ETW36Mod (Ver 10.1.37) Compatible with SRGW

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Thadwookie
Major
Human: Yes

Re: ETW 36 Sandbox Mod v9_15_15

Post by Thadwookie »

Its most likely laggy because Italy progresses and units become stuck. an issue unknown because before economy didn't work as well. As to let the axis progress far into africa ( conquring desert ), new issue. i've already placed barracks at locations in Africa, will be worked upon more. The AI construction ( china recently added ) is a bit fast, i know, i haven't touched it since last live version. Playing with units on deffilently breaks the game as japan bombards china via sea, then china auto repairs everything, thus destroying World Market I.G. Thats what i;ve noticed thus far playing with starting units. Thanks for trying it out and replying an issue! To be worked upon, balance is key. i'm done with work in 3 weeks so i will want to make it good so i can play it winterlong.
Last edited by Thadwookie on Sep 27 2015, edited 2 times in total.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Slimak81 wrote:Well i tried this on multiplayer vs CPU (no starting units) and i can say AI is really tough. But it build facilities so fast that it actually ruins the world market .By the 1938 the was a complete industial material collapse the globe over ))
As a battle AI i like it very much. It uses aviation well , it group and regroups and attack with masses . But .....
But the end of 1938 y the game became sooooo... lagggyyy . The day took at least 5-8 minutes and it became worse and worse.
The AI needed industial goods and it builds industial facilities with masses but no materials to build facilities . I think this circle is the reason of major lagg.

Anyway could you please upload the Battle AI only with default vanilla construction.
Thanks , maybe another time i will try single and hope i wont be so laggy/

Playing sandbox mod looks much faster now. I guess this is me who ruined world market with manual facility bulding interference for major countries )
It's 1938 looks fast. Damn i love AI using aviation
also could u zip me a save of your game please and email it.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Major changes coming to this mod, this mod is not by any means flawless yet. it's getting a major overhaul. Based around the world build feature primarily, and due to the current changes to the economy, my economy modifications are technically redundant, due to the fact that this mod incorperates the world "building up, as if each nation was a human, doing what a human would. So the economy value per hex changes will be going back. Not the overhaul on buildings. This buildup is not correctly done and needs to be fixed so that if any human player, playing that nation it won't build jack.. most of the Build ups i have it by hex, not nation so that becomes a problem. None the less will be properly done asap, belive me, i want to play too :)
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

Whatever you do I suggest beefing up Japan's land production somehow. I'm noticing that China still more often than not wins the war, in my latest game they invaded the Japanese home islands in under a year which is just nonsense.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

Is there a way to break up China into separate, weak loosely aligned or warlord states equipped with obsolete military equipment as they were in 1936? Being unable to produce anything outside of infantry, militia, and cavalry at game start. Then when Japan invades and occupies certain hexes an event will trigger and unify China. Maybe the removal of a few production facilities would help so that China doesn't spam cheap units and overwhelm Japan?

In vanilla 1936 I've noticed that China is way stronger (and unified) compared to how they were historically, realistically they should be divided, loosely aligned and have nearly no industrial or production capabilities. They were in a pretty bad state in 1936, a country divided between warlords and a communist revolution thrown in just to make things worse.
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

I have no honest idea why they aren't. 1936 is no where near the cap for number of countries on the map and there's plenty of information about the separate warlord states that there isn't much if any guesswork involved about what they should look like in 1936.

Also, France seems to be unable to figure out how to defend the Maginot Line and in my last game got overrun by Italy basically. It's actually pretty funny because Germany got the North Eastern bit and the borders look basically like the Roman Empire's borders did with the German tribes back in the day.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Trace wrote:I have no honest idea why they aren't. 1936 is no where near the cap for number of countries on the map and there's plenty of information about the separate warlord states that there isn't much if any guesswork involved about what they should look like in 1936.

Also, France seems to be unable to figure out how to defend the Maginot Line and in my last game got overrun by Italy basically. It's actually pretty funny because Germany got the North Eastern bit and the borders look basically like the Roman Empire's borders did with the German tribes back in the day.
Funny, in my game Italy steamrolled France and Belgium in '38. :D Ethiopia fell in '40 and this was strange since I have supported Ethiopia with massive arms donations.

I still wait to see successfull German invasion of Norway.
Please teach AI everything!
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

Zuikaku wrote:
Trace wrote:I have no honest idea why they aren't. 1936 is no where near the cap for number of countries on the map and there's plenty of information about the separate warlord states that there isn't much if any guesswork involved about what they should look like in 1936.

Funny, in my game Italy steamrolled France and Belgium in '38. :D Ethiopia fell in '40 and this was strange since I have supported Ethiopia with massive arms donations.

I still wait to see successfull German invasion of Norway.
Germany is unable to land troops because of British ships as far as I've noticed regarding the invasion of Norway. It makes me think perhaps Germany is too scripted in the 1936 start because a transit treaty with Sweden (who was leaning axis) would have solved that problem. It's almost like they don't do any diplomacy unless you stick the volatility of the map on high. And then you get things like Italy invading Lithuania and Estonia.

Edit: I'll just ask this here. Are there movement penalties outside of "road=faster, no_road=slower"

Like, do the alps have any impact on unit move speed?
Trace
Sergeant

Post by Trace »

Can you set up scripts to fire based on government type? Or only by nation tag?
Thadwookie
Major

Re: ETW 36 Sandbox Mod v16_2_2

Post by Thadwookie »

16_2_2

Change Log

-Updated all "Auto Building". It's fixed now. If you ARE human it won't build anything in your nation. Before I had it "open", meaning that the building was built ignoring who owned territory, now it's nation specific. Downside is that if x nation controls that territory, until the original nation gets the territory back, the auto building is stopped.
Slightly Increased Coal node value at start.
-Lots Miscellaneous fixes throughout ETW 36 map.
-Added 1500+ more cities ( Southern, Central Africa complete. More to be completed )
-Added unit tanks patterns for all nations up to 1945 tank tech I believe, More to be added.
Thadwookie
Major

Re: ETW 36 Sandbox Mod v16_2_2

Post by Thadwookie »

The next update will be even better! adding lots of balancing features for small ai nations to make them profitable more so. along with lots of testing on china sino war with balancing. Also with loads of ai building to seem like the world's actualy alive and competitive, for instance added triggers for ever oil resourse on map, finishing up america and USSR last, but yes a work in progress. I'm trying to make each nation as if a human is playing, as making that ai nation do what;s in it's best interest as far as economy, building roads, supply chains, etc, Really fun stuff, all n all the trick is to do all this without crippling the target ai nations, like saudi and iraq i have to work on atm, they just love being broke nations
smith121363
Sergeant

Re: ETW 36 Sandbox Mod v16_2_2 (1500+ cities added/fixed capital cities supply)

Post by smith121363 »

Looking forward to your next update.
Doug3232
Sergeant

Post by Doug3232 »

I installed the mod, but i am not sure it's working, can you please tell me a place or thing that you specifically changed or added, so i can see if i installed it correctly?
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Updated to current game version. have fun! you will surely enjoy it.
Thadwookie
Major

Re: ETW 1936 Sandbox Mod (7_8_17) CSV Events Added)

Post by Thadwookie »

Tons of CSV Events added, The AI Challenge has begun!!!!!!

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”