Modern (fanta) mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Modern (fanta) mod

Post by YoMomma »

Hi there, im old sr veteran and apparently i have an account now here =P

I have a couple of simple mods made from global crisis scenario, but none seems to be finished and all the time i get new ideas. Then i want a modern WOC game with lotsa puppets, then a super power game.

I want to help the community but cant descide on what mod to concentrate on. My preference goes to a modern mod with lesser countries. This way i can improve speed easy and we have no lag when your playing for 1,5 years and trying to make some tactical moves against your enemy.

So that basicly leaves super power mod and WOC/puppet mod.

WORK ON MODS
Both mods i concentrated on improving economy of all its nations. This means adding facilities of what they need and by that improve their gdp (China comes to mind). I dont like the change in airfields versus airbase BG made after SR2020 gold. AI has hard enough time making the right descision so why make it harder and i really hate allies filling up your airfields. So its basicly Airbase/Seaport and only in some circumstances i left airfield. Also removed things like micro consumer and petrol energy is almost gone. This is first thing a good player will do, so why not do it for AI. The realistic feel of SR2020 is already gone now production is still way off. Besides it was collected in +-2004 i think so its far from realistic anyway. Im prolly closer to reality then BG, especially for EU, China and USA.

Super Powers modern world (mod calls W2020FANTA now)
In the super power mod theres "EU", but they have like 110 land fabrications alone and well its "EU" with Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Andorra, else those countries seem to be useless. In this mod im working on improving red sphere nations to get a balanced game and buff some solo states as Turkey. In this mod theres also Arab League, African Union, Iran, India, China, Japan, "USSR/Russia", Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, US, Canada. I didnt want to go same route as super power mod '36. In my opinion those few extra countries can become usefull in more diverse gameplay. Altho if there are speakers who want Turkey to Iran for example im fine with that. I just wont add them to EU, cause well its not EU. I rather buff those smaller states with good starting units and science closer to reality. Thats gonna be most work left.

W2020WOC (mod calls W2020VOC now)
In this mod Netherlands returned to its greater power from the 17th century and China bought half Africa (puppets). Almost all countries left independent have puppet(s) or incase of Sweden got extra pop in form of Norway, Finland, Denmark and after they needed some cheap workers Togo was the final target. US contains Canada and 2 or 3 extra puppets in Africa, well if you want i can upload the files and see for yourself. With this mod i played a game with recent update and basicly every neighbour attacked eachother and ofcourse i dont have to mention the chaos in Africa between all the puppets. US for ex. annexed Mexico and then went for Guatemala which was puppet of Spain. Isreal annexed complete middle east + egypt in 1,5 years. And thats prolly gonna take me most of the work. Balancing the remaining countries against superior units. So regions dont fall within a few months, which seems unrealstic to me (see Isis and Ukraine war, alto Putin prolly dont want complete Ukraine).

In both mods im also thinking of adding bases around the world from China, USSR/Russia, and ofcourse USA wherever it could improve gameplay or balance.

What i would like to know, which mod would you like to see? Maybe mine ideas are not interesting to others? Im thinking of uploading 1 mod as work in progress and well we can work on that. Modders can help if they want or suggesstions can be implemented.
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Modern (fanta) mod

Post by YoMomma »

After this great feedback i have descided to listen to my friends on steam and upload 2020-Superpowers mod.

I enjoyed WOC/puppet mod better but guess i listened to my customers. I put alot of work in the super mod last week to get it descent enough and since its weekend i thought i would put it public.

You can find the mod in this topic:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=24921
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”