Editing GDP/c?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Ater
Colonel
Human: Yes

Editing GDP/c?

Post by Ater »

Is there a way to edit each country's GDP/c?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
number47
General

Re: Editing GDP/c?

Post by number47 »

Of course there is. Can't remember if it was .cvp or some other file but the file that has all the info on countries like name, population, region grouping and so on is the file you want.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

number47 wrote:Of course there is. Can't remember if it was .cvp or some other file but the file that has all the info on countries like name, population, region grouping and so on is the file you want.
Do you know where that file is? And I thought you couldn't edit population..?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GDP/c is in the .CVP file. There is a population value in the same file, it sets the overall population as the terrain defaults are usuall 50-70% of the target value based on assigned city populations. You cannot change the cities themselves. We've never tried setting a value below what the terrain assignment calculates to...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

I went to the .CVP and changed some GDP/c and re cached the game, but it didn't change it at all...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It should have. Are you sure you changed the .CVP used by the map you recached?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Balthagor wrote:It should have. Are you sure you changed the .CVP used by the map you recached?
Yes, I just made sure again. I will try again and see what happens
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Okay so it seems on smaller economies like Iraq and Iran it works but for some reason it sorta averages out between what I set it to and what it was... I assume I just can't shrink it too much?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The GDP/c begins to recalculate immediately based on the facilities on map and the existing economic factors. Changing the day zero is just that - day zero.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Yea, I realized that the GDP/c after you change it, corrects quickly.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Would there be a way to add more facilities to raise the GDP/c for all countries? (Or remove some to lower them)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ater wrote:Would there be a way to add more facilities to raise the GDP/c for all countries? (Or remove some to lower them)
Yes in the OOF file are all the facilities. They can be easily added or removed there. Does require recaching.

Easy is relative though.. small tip.. keep a game open so you can easily find the hex coordinates you want to add/remove facilities to.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Fistalis wrote:
Ater wrote:Would there be a way to add more facilities to raise the GDP/c for all countries? (Or remove some to lower them)
Yes in the OOF file are all the facilities. They can be easily added or removed there. Does require recaching.

Easy is relative though.. small tip.. keep a game open so you can easily find the hex coordinates you want to add/remove facilities to.
Alright, thanks!
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

GDP/c takes account only the production? Social spending isn't included?

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”