Increasing AI Aggressive Behavior

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Aragos
General

Re: Increasing AI Aggressive Behavior

Post by Aragos »

In my most recent game, as USSR, by 1939 the following wars had started (or ended):

France and UK DoW USSR (Both offer peace after about a year or so)
Italy DoW USSR (Italy offers peace a year later)

US DoWs Newfoudland (UK colony) and UK DoWs USA

UK DoWs France
Germany DoWs UK
Italy DoW France (conquered France w/German help by 1940)

Rumania DoW USSR (Rumania conqurered by USSR)

Germany at war with Finland and Norway (limited activity)

China at war with Japan, France and UK
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by Ghostexx »

Does this work on GC?
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

so what would 'unpredictable'and 'intimidation' get you?

also, if i understand correctly, i go into the file in text edit or something after saving a copy--rename the new one--and it appears as an option to select in sandbox just like the other scenarios?
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

ok, i think i did it wrong, nothing happened in 4 months on world2020 with what i tried to change... can you post or link to a copy of the file you changed so i can use it as a template?
Slimak81
Corporal

Post by Slimak81 »

That Did not helped to me. Started as germany 1936 no units. vh h n. The only war passed was japan vs china as planned by script. China conquered Japan and thats all
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Starting with "no units" will greatly decrease AI aggression for a while. The AI's won't attack if they don't have any troops.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slimak81
Corporal

Post by Slimak81 »

Well ppl, I tried vh vh normal with violance level on the sandbox global crisys, military victory
That's a world mess . Around 100 -150 wars on planet )))
Everyone fights with everyone. Only USA stay calm. Russia , ukraine and belarus are conducting wars seems around the globe over )
That is madness. One new war each gameplay day. The only one will remeain on earth. That's a thrue global crisys ...
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Balthagor wrote:Starting with "no units" will greatly decrease AI aggression for a while. The AI's won't attack if they don't have any troops.
This. Key point folks--the AI has to build up forces to the degree that it can go to war. I have no idea what the optimal force structure is for the AI, but I do know if you start with No Units, you will get very, very few conflicts for the first year or two.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Slimak81 wrote:Well ppl, I tried vh vh normal with violance level on the sandbox global crisys, military victory
That's a world mess . Around 100 -150 wars on planet )))
Everyone fights with everyone. Only USA stay calm. Russia , ukraine and belarus are conducting wars seems around the globe over )
That is madness. One new war each gameplay day. The only one will remeain on earth. That's a thrue global crisys ...
There was some hardcoding in the Ai, going back to SR: Cold War, that makes North America very peaceful for some reason. Sometimes, the US will invade Cuba, but that is about it.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Look in the mod files and you will see they all prefer blue sphere.. Some modder should be able to "fix" shattered world. I just wont do it, because i cant play/test it due to game speed.

Starting without units doesnt help with setting aggressive behavior. By the time they have a big enough invasion force all the CB is gone.
Gameplay 1st
pirren
Sergeant

Post by pirren »

I tested settings in Shattered World - it works. The Europe, Asia, Mid East are at war. But in both Americas and Africa there's peace.
From Cuba with Love.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:
Thadwookie wrote:Interesting, so what does

--Change 'aistance: ' to 'aistance: 3'

--Add 'agenda: 2' at the bottom of the file

specifically do before i try it? if anyone knows.
playeragenda {0:Opportunistic, 1:Vengeance, 2:Conquest, 3:Intimidation, 4:Profit, 5:Status Quo, 6:Submission, 7:Reunification, 8:Enlightenment}

playeraistance {0:Normal, 1:Passive, 2:Defensive, 3:Aggressive, 4:Unpredictable}

agenda: 2 means the ai will try to conquer the world
aistance: 3 means the ai is aggressive
I actually tested these in various versions of the MW mod and saw little or no effect so considered those entries abandoned. Could have been my testing methods were flawed. But im willing to bet the AI depends far less on those entries than it did in 2020.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

What i got from it, it basically overrides the scenario. So nations that have a specific listed one, like america, is set defensive. I set it as conquest and it literally overrid everyone because america is a bad bad boy when it's on that setting, and high volatility, everyone was out for conquest, hehe.. it's like.. i guess an easy override, rather then going through every cvp to change a nation to how you want it to perform.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thadwookie wrote:What i got from it, it basically overrides the scenario. So nations that have a specific listed one, like america, is set defensive. I set it as conquest and it literally overrid everyone because america is a bad bad boy when it's on that setting, and high volatility, everyone was out for conquest, hehe.. it's like.. i guess an easy override, rather then going through every cvp to change a nation to how you want it to perform.

Yep. The method I used is a bludgeon--everyone that has enough forces gets aggressive. It is ahistorical, crazy war-time.
doomman98
Corporal

Post by doomman98 »

I've seen some action in Africa but not much, i still want the states to go to war as well

this needs to be turned in to a mod! :D

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”