Increasing AI Aggressive Behavior

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Aragos
General

Increasing AI Aggressive Behavior

Post by Aragos »

Ok, decided to experiment with the SR2020 and SRCW AI aggressiveness settings in the scenario files.

Initially, I thought it didn't work. Then BAM. Wars everywhere.

My game settings: VH Military, Normal Diplo, Easy Economy, VH Volatility. USA as human player, 1936 Sandbox.

Changes to game file:
--Modify SR1936 scenario file in the Sandbox file (make sure to save a copy of the original first!)

--Change 'aistance: ' to 'aistance: 3'

--Add 'agenda: 2' at the bottom of the file

--Save the file. No need to recache, as these settings will temporarily overwrite the settings on the cache.

What I've seen so far:
Mid 1938.
UK is at war with France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Portugal
France is at war with China (conquered by Japan and France), UK, and Italy
Germany is at war with Lithuania, Italy and UK. It has conquered Yugoslavia and Bulgaria.
Japan: UK, France, China, Mongolia and Uzbekistan
USA (human): Annexed Philippines and Guam
Italy: At war with France, UK and Germany
USSR: Suspiciously peaceful.
Aragos
General

Re: Increasing AI Aggressive Behavior

Post by Aragos »

New test of this under the Beta.

Basically, if you make these changes and have VH Volatility, the game pretty much is a free for all. By 1938: UK is at war with Italy, USSR, China and France (conquered by Italy, Germany and UK), Italy with France, UK, Spain (conquered), Portugal (conquered), Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands and all the UK/France colonies, Germany against France and Finland, USSR vs. UK, France and Italy, Japan vs China, and China vs. France and the UK.

Very fun if you are looking for a really off-the-wall game.
Thadwookie
Major
Human: Yes

Post by Thadwookie »

Interesting, so what does

specifically do before i try it? if anyone knows.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thadwookie wrote:Interesting, so what does

playeragenda {0:Opportunistic, 1:Vengeance, 2:Conquest, 3:Intimidation, 4:Profit, 5:Status Quo, 6:Submission, 7:Reunification, 8:Enlightenment}

playeraistance {0:Normal, 1:Passive, 2:Defensive, 3:Aggressive, 4:Unpredictable}

agenda: 2 means the ai will try to conquer the world
aistance: 3 means the ai is aggressive
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

Thank you. :) This is for all AI factions correct within scenerio? Within nation lists i belive you can add in valuse like this to make a certain nation play a certain way, also wonder if this is an override feature.Where did you find this information ( not how to change i know how to ) i didn't see in any folders while searching looking for hard information on values.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yeah, you can do it one by one in the files, or you can do it like I do and mod the Scenario file--it applies to all the countries in the game.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thadwookie wrote:Thank you. :) This is for all AI factions correct within scenerio? Within nation lists i belive you can add in valuse like this to make a certain nation play a certain way, also wonder if this is an override feature.Where did you find this information ( not how to change i know how to ) i didn't see in any folders while searching looking for hard information on values.
Yes, this overrides (but doesn't over-write!) the AI settings.

The info was from a quick search of the board; I think it is on Supremewiki as well.
Thadwookie
Major

Post by Thadwookie »

okay your research helped us with our current mod we're doing. thanks alot. We plan on doing this to each civ, creating how each nation acts by minister prioritys.. good stuff
KirinFrost
Warrant Officer

Post by KirinFrost »

Does doing this affect current games or must i start a new one?

And, is there a way to edit save games instead if its not possible?
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

Thank you so much. So basically when i rig the settings and play with little bit lower world volatility i could get a fairly realistic war ratio on cold war scenario i hope. Thank you again.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Newest game, same settings, I saw Mexico invade and conquer Belize (which put them at war with the UK!) and Guatemala. So it apparently works pretty well.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

KirinFrost wrote:Does doing this affect current games or must i start a new one?

And, is there a way to edit save games instead if its not possible?
It is in the scenario settings that load on a new game, so my bet is that when you load a game it won't have the new settings.
ricey
Sergeant

Post by ricey »

Just tried it myself and got to say it was the maddest game I have played, pretty much the whole world was at war. China started a war with Hong Kong and then in snow balled. It was insane :o
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

ricey wrote:Just tried it myself and got to say it was the maddest game I have played, pretty much the whole world was at war. China started a war with Hong Kong and then in snow balled. It was insane :o
Glad it worked. My current game, it is 1943. The US (me) took out Germany and liberated it as a democracy. France conquered Spain, then lost to Italy. USSR rolled over Finland, Rumania and Poland after a fairly brutal three year war. Japan took out China, but I took a chunk of China back ("in the name of the Republic") and made peace, giving the US a swath of China from Shanghai to Hong Kong. Hong Kong is pretty big; reaching into central China.
Rawlings01
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawlings01 »

Aragos wrote:
Thadwookie wrote:Interesting, so what does

playeragenda {0:Opportunistic, 1:Vengeance, 2:Conquest, 3:Intimidation, 4:Profit, 5:Status Quo, 6:Submission, 7:Reunification, 8:Enlightenment}

playeraistance {0:Normal, 1:Passive, 2:Defensive, 3:Aggressive, 4:Unpredictable}

agenda: 2 means the ai will try to conquer the world
aistance: 3 means the ai is aggressive
This also works with Global Crisis iv just created a game SR 2015 WW3 and wars a breaking out from Europe to Japan and down to the Indian ocean and that was in the 1st 3 weeks so thanks for this as it gives me the action packed game i was looking for im also going to see what happends when i use the unpredictable setting in a similar game as that sounds like fun.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”