[Release] SR:Ultimate Tech Editor

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

makotech222
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

[Release] SR:Ultimate Tech Editor

Post by makotech222 »

Hey Everyone. I wrote up a program to make it easier to edit technologies.

http://i.imgur.com/HCz8lhD.png

Must have:
.Net Framework 4.5

Instructions for use:
1.Open program
2.Navigate to your supreme ruler ultimate directory: "Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA" and select the Default.ttrx file
3.Make your changes
4.click save

Note: I wrote this up very quickly, so there is very little error handling. There is no validation of any values that you enter, so don't put anything where it isn't supposed to be. True/False columns should only be True/False.

Let me know if there are any big bugs when you are using it, too, and i will fix them. I would also like to know of any tech descriptions that i am missing. This data is from SR:CW wiki.

Edit 1: Update to version 0.2. Allow sorting on columns and some bug fixes.

Edit 2: Update to 0.3. Double buffered the data grid, and added some more tech descriptions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by makotech222 on Nov 08 2014, edited 1 time in total.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Re: [Release] SR:Ultimate Tech Editor

Post by mfisher12 »

rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Does this work on SR1936 as well? I think the tech files have the same format.
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

It might. I think there were 2 extra comma-separated variables added on to each tech line. Not sure what they do, though. You can give it a try. If it doesn't work, it will probably crash when building the cache.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Hmm I made some changes to the tech file and added in a few effects on techs. When I replace the original one with the modified one and delete the cache file for my campaign (1936 Sandbox), the game doesn't seem to want to load in once I chose a nation.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Looking forward to new tech trees, or even just modified and extended versions. Playing SRU, I find myself missing Ruge's old mod with its large airfields and extended tech research.

We're deeper into the 2010s now, and if I could mod worth a darn I would add in things like this Chinese FC31:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t2
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

Xbwalker wrote:Hmm I made some changes to the tech file and added in a few effects on techs. When I replace the original one with the modified one and delete the cache file for my campaign (1936 Sandbox), the game doesn't seem to want to load in once I chose a nation.
It's rebuilding the cache. Can take up to like 20 minutes. it should exit to the title screen when it finishes. After that, you need to go to your save directory and copy the 'CACHE - 1936' file to the cache folder of your game dir. Finally, remove the 'CACHE' part of the file name.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Aha!!!! Thanks buddy. I'll be posting a new mod momentarily thanks to you.

One other thing, is there a way to clear the effects field? Once I select one, I can't seem to undo it.
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Post by makotech222 »

hah no sorry. Just set the effect magnitude to 0.

The reason it kind of sucks is because i started writing this program back when 1936 first came out. I never finished it until Ultimate came around and i thought i would give it another shot. So i pretty much ripped out stuff i made a long time ago and put it into a new program. So its kind of a frankenstein program that barely works :D I can probably put the source code up if you are interested. It's written in C#
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

My coding skills are pretty much non existent. It works great actually :)

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”