Help with modding

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Múrias
Corporal
Human: Yes

Help with modding

Post by Múrias »

hi guys can someone help me with modding plz? i wana modd starting money in 1936 sandbox game with portugal but for some reason nothing changes.
i change de SR1936.cvp in maps re-cache and nothing happens in game. can someone help me plz. im new in this. ty
Fistalis
General

Re: Help with modding

Post by Fistalis »

Cache needs to be moved from the save folder to the cache folder and renamed to whatever the .SAV file in the scenario file is called

Edit: also what are you changing in the .cvp I don't recall an entry related to starting funds. (to be fair though its been awhile since I even looked at that file)
Edit2: Guess the treasury entry.. never used it lol

If the cache deal isnt your issue let us know which region # you changed.. some nations have more than one and which one it uses is dependant on the scenario.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Múrias
Corporal

Post by Múrias »

i did move the cache and change name. im changing population and treasury in portugal.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Múrias wrote:i did move the cache and change name. im changing population and treasury in portugal.
Yes, but he was asking for region number (country ID number) of Portugal you are changing because there are "different" Portugal regions in the file (srcw Portugal with colonies, modern Portugal without colonies, etc).
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Múrias
Corporal

Post by Múrias »

the country id is 1703
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Múrias wrote:the country id is 1703
I don't have SRU so I can't check which one is used.. but there is also 1788 and 1798 for portugal in the older files.. check the .regioninclude to figure out which one the scenario your modding actually uses. If i had to make a guess i would say 1798.. but without access to the actual region include thats nothing but a guess.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

If you can it would be easier to use Mikeownage's trainer to do what you need.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”