FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

Clubfoot55 wrote:When will a download link to this mod be posted? It looks excellent.
The first test release will be in December.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

Do you plan on adding new units or editing the names of some units to reflect the alternate history? For instance it looks like Russia/USSR is in worse shape than it was historically and from reading the previews they are quite unstable and facing a couple of future rebellions. It would make sense if they started out relying more on, and continued to produce old WW1 era weaponry of Imperial Russian, French and British (and maybe U.S.) design. I imagine the French split would also have hindered technological and military progress.

On the Far-East coast, Japan would probably have continued the occupation of Vladivostok as well as carried out their original plan to occupy coastal ports and a chunk of territory extending to Lake Baikal to create a buffer between their interests and Russian influence. In this case Mongolia would probably have some forts along their Manchurian and North-Eastern borders to defend against a potential Japanese incursion. Japan would probably have a military base near Vladivostok and fortifications along the Russian-Japanese border to keep the Russians out.

This would also give a reason for Japanese expansion since historically Japan pulled out from the Russian Far-East not only because of mounting international pressure but also internal pressure as the invasion had cost them half of their budget for two years.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Sigma wrote:Do you plan on adding new units or editing the names of some units to reflect the alternate history? For instance it looks like Russia/USSR is in worse shape than it was historically and from reading the previews they are quite unstable and facing a couple of future rebellions. It would make sense if they started out relying more on, and continued to produce old WW1 era weaponry of Imperial Russian, French and British (and maybe U.S.) design. I imagine the French split would also have hindered technological and military progress.

On the Far-East coast, Japan would probably have continued the occupation of Vladivostok as well as carried out their original plan to occupy coastal ports and a chunk of territory extending to Lake Baikal to create a buffer between their interests and Russian influence. In this case Mongolia would probably have some forts along their Manchurian and North-Eastern borders to defend against a potential Japanese incursion. Japan would probably have a military base near Vladivostok and fortifications along the Russian-Japanese border to keep the Russians out.

This would also give a reason for Japanese expansion since historically Japan pulled out from the Russian Far-East not only because of mounting international pressure but also internal pressure as the invasion had cost them half of their budget for two years.
Way ahead of you! Say hello to Transcathay.
The Chinese Civil War is also modeled in game.
Here's a screencap of the Indian War for independence.
With that, I would like to announce that the time for beta testing has begun! Send me a pm if you are interested in testing the closed beta before we release in a few weeks! [_]B
Oh and to answer your question about the units, yes we eventually plan to add new units to the game.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Alright ladies and gentlemen! We are going to have an election! I can't decide who the President of the United States should be in 1968 in my mod so we're having an election! The two candidates are Robert Kennedy for the democrats and Ronald Reagan for the republicans. If you want to be an informed voter on the condition of the world in 1968 in this mod head on over to the election mod to cast your vote and read up.
Danieldarnell95
Warrant Officer

Post by Danieldarnell95 »

So any word on the release date of the mod?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Danieldarnell95 wrote:So any word on the release date of the mod?
Release has been delayed by a few weeks as we try to clean up a few things before release. We should have a release by mid February.
Danieldarnell95
Warrant Officer

ok thanks ive been anticipating the mod for a long time now, I'm sure itll be great when its finally released
topshot36
Sergeant

Post by topshot36 »

So is this dead? Was looking forward to it!
Danieldarnell95
Warrant Officer

was going to ask the same thing its been over 2 months since I asked about the release of the mod last, I hope its not because that would be a sad waste of time and effort on the part of the guys making it |O
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Danieldarnell95 wrote:was going to ask the same thing its been over 2 months since I asked about the release of the mod last, I hope its not because that would be a sad waste of time and effort on the part of the guys making it |O
Lol, alright then, because you guys asked for it, even though it is still not finished, Tonight at 9 PM the first version of Triumph of the Kaiser will be released to the public!
topshot36
Sergeant

Post by topshot36 »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Danieldarnell95 wrote:was going to ask the same thing its been over 2 months since I asked about the release of the mod last, I hope its not because that would be a sad waste of time and effort on the part of the guys making it |O
Lol, alright then, because you guys asked for it, even though it is still not finished, Tonight at 9 PM the first version of Triumph of the Kaiser will be released to the public!
9pm EST? or PST? (Super hyped, thank you!!!)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

topshot36 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:
9pm EST? or PST? (Super hyped, thank you!!!)
MST. :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Re: FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

It isn't perfect, or finished, but here is the labor of 2 years of my life. Here are instructions on how to install the game.
First, take the flag file and put it in your Graphics folder in the Supreme Ruler Ultimate folder inside Steam/steamapps/common.
Next take the MAPX, OOF, REGIONINCL, and CVP file and put them in the Maps folder.
Next, put the TOTK settings and the Triumph of the Kaiser csv files and the Triumph of the Kaiser SCENARIO file in the Sandbox folder. Finally, put the SAV file in the cache folder. Then jump on into the game and enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/?tgga5jn0g373n3u
Heil Kaiser Dir!
topshot36
Sergeant

Post by topshot36 »

Cdiplayer wrote:It isn't perfect, or finished, but here is the labor of 2 years of my life. Here are instructions on how to install the game.
First, take the flag file and put it in your Graphics folder in the Supreme Ruler Ultimate folder inside Steam/steamapps/common.
Next take the MAPX, OOF, REGIONINCL, and CVP file and put them in the Maps folder.
Next, put the TOTK settings and the Triumph of the Kaiser csv files and the Triumph of the Kaiser SCENARIO file in the Sandbox folder. Finally, put the SAV file in the cache folder. Then jump on into the game and enjoy!
Heil Kaiser Dir!
bae
ItsNotOgreYet
Corporal

Post by ItsNotOgreYet »

Cdiplayer wrote:It isn't perfect, or finished, but here is the labor of 2 years of my life. Here are instructions on how to install the game.
Heil Kaiser Dir!

Yes. It begins. Can't wait! :D

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”