FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:If anyone would like to suggest borders, new names for all the cities, good locations for military naval ports in the area, etc. please feel free to post!
I figured this might be a cool location. the borders i chose go mostly along rivers. and as you can see there are plenty of locations for cities and ports.
Not bad at all, I like the idea of using rivers to delineate the border but after looking in game I think I might want to move the borders back to wherever the next river line would be so that Israel can get a bit more agriculture as well as some uranium. After all, I'm planning on Israel getting involved in some wars with Indonesia, New Guinea, and Portugal. (East Timor will be seen as an area of possible Zionist expansion) Also, in this mod Israel will have complete international recognition but very frosty relations with the Australians and the Brits.
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote: Not bad at all, I like the idea of using rivers to delineate the border but after looking in game I think I might want to move the borders back to wherever the next river line would be so that Israel can get a bit more agriculture as well as some uranium. After all, I'm planning on Israel getting involved in some wars with Indonesia, New Guinea, and Portugal. (East Timor will be seen as an area of possible Zionist expansion) Also, in this mod Israel will have complete international recognition but very frosty relations with the Australians and the Brits.
i'll give it another go, this time taking in game resources into account
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

How's this?
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Just an idea:
http://prntscr.com/6kz2y6

What will the population be?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Ater wrote:Just an idea:

Well unfortunately I can't edit population so what I am planning to do is finding ways to artificially drive population growth up very rapidly during the first few years of the state's existence. Anyway, the above map is excellent! Now I just need ideas for city names, for that area that you mentioned as a possible metropolitan area how does "New Zion" sound? Another idea I had for something a little less Jewish would be naming the capital "Metropolis". Yes, I got that idea from Superman lol. :lol:
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Ater wrote:Just an idea:

Well unfortunately I can't edit population so what I am planning to do is finding ways to artificially drive population growth up very rapidly during the first few years of the state's existence. Anyway, the above map is excellent! Now I just need ideas for city names, for that area that you mentioned as a possible metropolitan area how does "New Zion" sound? Another idea I had for something a little less Jewish would be naming the capital "Metropolis". Yes, I got that idea from Superman lol. :lol:
lol, perhaps something like "Batya" or "Benesh"? (These are apparently Jewish Names)
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Cdiplayer wrote:Well unfortunately I can't edit population so what I am planning to do is finding ways to artificially drive population growth up very rapidly during the first few years of the state's existence. Anyway, the above map is excellent! Now I just need ideas for city names, for that area that you mentioned as a possible metropolitan area how does "New Zion" sound? Another idea I had for something a little less Jewish would be naming the capital "Metropolis". Yes, I got that idea from Superman lol. :lol:
Why not using the names from "original" Israel? Open some atlas or map and copy those names if you don't want to bother with having to rename those already used in the region where "real" Israel was to something Arabic or what not :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I just noticed something after looking at the in game map again...the actual Kimberley region has oil...perhaps I should move Israel to part of the actual Kimberley? It kinda depends on which is more important, uranium or petroleum.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

Some suggestions after reading the thread:

For Belarus you could possibly make it into a small buffer state composed of Russian Whites and refugees who fled after the Soviets took power and have a mix of German, Polish and Russian units at game start. It could serve as the Soviet Union's own Taiwan, being a proxy for the Central Powers and be cool for players that want to restore a non-Communist Russia.

Also for Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans I hope you can break them up if/when they fall since both had quite a bit of internal nationalism issues which would have probably continued to grow even if the war came out in their favor.

Also how does Asia look in this mod?
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

I think it would be interesting for another Polish state of some sort, if the US never entered the war wouldn't they have all fled Europe?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Ater wrote:I think it would be interesting for another Polish state of some sort, if the US never entered the war wouldn't they have all fled Europe?
Poland is in the game, they are a very small satellite state of the German Empire. Also, I like the Belarus idea. As far as Asia is concerned, Japan will still take Manchuria and create Manchukuo and will create satellite states in Vietnam and Thailand. Thailand will have control of Cambodia and Laos and will have tensions with the British in Malaya and Burma.
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Ater wrote:I think it would be interesting for another Polish state of some sort, if the US never entered the war wouldn't they have all fled Europe?
Poland is in the game, they are a very small satellite state of the German Empire. Also, I like the Belarus idea. As far as Asia is concerned, Japan will still take Manchuria and create Manchukuo and will create satellite states in Vietnam and Thailand. Thailand will have control of Cambodia and Laos and will have tensions with the British in Malaya and Burma.
wouldn't it make more sense for Vietnam to control Cambodia and Laos, considering they used to be united in the "French Indochina" colony?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:
wouldn't it make more sense for Vietnam to control Cambodia and Laos, considering they used to be united in the "French Indochina" colony?
No because following the collapse of French colonialism in Asia due to Japanese pressure Thailand would be in a better position to annex Cambodia and Laos. Especially since Cambodia and Laos used to be part of Thailand.
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

So how goes the progress?
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote: No because following the collapse of French colonialism in Asia due to Japanese pressure Thailand would be in a better position to annex Cambodia and Laos. Especially since Cambodia and Laos used to be part of Thailand.
ok, so what would keep Siam from annexing Vietnam as well? the Japanese interest in the region?

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”