FIRST BETA RELEASE Triumph of the Kaiser mod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1936 Triumph of the Kaiser mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:surrender Mongolia to Japan type colony.

Type 8, i0=2
Does that go along loyalty lines? For example, if I did the same thing to Mengjiang would the lack of loyalty be a problem?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's all on the wiki;

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/305

i1=1 for loyalty merge.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:It's all on the wiki;

i1=1 for loyalty merge.
Yeah I checked that. I just want to make sure that if I surrender a country that has no loyalty they won't lose all of their land in the process of becoming a colony through the event. Also, with relation to the flag, how do I get the flag to change in a custom scenario? My scenario initially started out as a save file that I converted into a scenario so I can't recache it without losing the info in the save file.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Balthagor wrote:It's all on the wiki;

i1=1 for loyalty merge.
Yeah I checked that. I just want to make sure that if I surrender a country that has no loyalty they won't lose all of their land in the process of becoming a colony through the event. Also, with relation to the flag, how do I get the flag to change in a custom scenario? My scenario initially started out as a save file that I converted into a scenario so I can't recache it without losing the info in the save file.
Just did some checking around about this on the forum. If I change my .scenario file to include the .sav file before the .csv file I wouldn't have to recache yes? If I did this could I still add events?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That should work, but you should recache once to account for the change else you may get double events. Yes, you can add more. You can even have two .csv files, one that is in the cache and one that is after.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:That should work, but you should recache once to account for the change else you may get double events. Yes, you can add more. You can even have two .csv files, one that is in the cache and one that is after.
Alright, I will try that. In the event that I do need to recache, is there any way that I can retain the info that was baked into the .sav when I recache?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, you'll need to be sure that the data you want gets baked in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

#include "SR1936.csv"
#endifset

#ifset 0x04

&&SAV
savfile "Triumph of the Kaiser"
&&END

#endifset

#include "SR1936_settings.csv"
#include "LocalText-Regions.csv",#include "Triumph of the Kaiser.csv", "SCENARIO\CUSTOM\","SCENARIO\", Y
#include "SR1936-Text.csv", "SCENARIO\", Y

&&GMC
startymd: 1955, 5, 6
Alright I apologize for asking this if it is already covered in the wiki but I just need some clarification. This is a piece of the .scenario file. What should I move/delete if I want to load the .sav before the .csv? What does the bolded stuff mean? Also, would it be more prudent to just make a brand new .csv file with no events in it and just add in new events entirely rather than trying to renumber all the leftover cold war events in 1936? If not, where is the event that gives Japan all that land in China outside of Manchukuo? In other words, the Chinese land that Japan would start with in the 1940 scenario. I want to cut that event out if I can. I only want Japan to have Manchukuo, not all that other stuff in China.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Anything ABOVE the save file is baked in.. anything below it gets loaded each time you start the scenario. While its possible to load almost any file each time rather than bake it in it can cause issues and make load times crazy. Event files are fine down there , though personally I keep one that gets baked in and one seperate below for testing/quick fixes etc. Named differently of course.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Fistalis wrote:Anything ABOVE the save file is baked in.. anything below it gets loaded each time you start the scenario. While its possible to load almost any file each time rather than bake it in it can cause issues and make load times crazy. Event files are fine down there , though personally I keep one that gets baked in and one seperate below for testing/quick fixes etc. Named differently of course.
Wait, so it is possible to bake events into a .sav then? If that is true then what is the purpose of loading the .csv each time?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Cdiplayer wrote:
Fistalis wrote:Anything ABOVE the save file is baked in.. anything below it gets loaded each time you start the scenario. While its possible to load almost any file each time rather than bake it in it can cause issues and make load times crazy. Event files are fine down there , though personally I keep one that gets baked in and one seperate below for testing/quick fixes etc. Named differently of course.
Wait, so it is possible to bake events into a .sav then? If that is true then what is the purpose of loading the .csv each time?
Actually they are baked in by default.. you'll notice MOST of the default .CSV files are above the save and therefore baked in.
#include "SR1936.csv" BAKED IN
#endifset

#ifset 0x04

&&SAV
savfile "Triumph of the Kaiser"
&&END

#endifset

#include "SR1936_settings.csv"
#include "LocalText-Regions.csv",#include "Triumph of the Kaiser.csv", "SCENARIO\CUSTOM\","SCENARIO\", Y LOADED AT GAME START
#include "SR1936-Text.csv", "SCENARIO\", Y

&&GMC
startymd: 1955, 5, 6
The point to having an event file that's loaded every time is its good for testing/tweaking events without having to cache it. Then once you have it working as you wish you can toss it in your normal one to help reduce load times etc. Also its the primary Way I release hotfixes for mods without requiring a new cache. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Alright now I am working on reshaping the Middle East. If the entente had not won WW1 the collapse of the Ottoman Empire would have probably been dictated by Germany more than Britain and France. Turkey probably would have also gotten a more generous settlement from Germany since they were allies. I am planning on making Syria independent, Cyprus a colony of Turkey, Lebanon a colony of Austria-Hungary, Iraq a colony of Germany, Kuwait a colony of Austria-Hungary, and the remaining gulf states colonies of Saudi Arabia except for Bahrain and the UAE, which will remain British colonies. What I can't decide is what to do with Palestine and Jordan. I am considering making them German colonies but if I do that...should I add in the formation of Israel? I also need an idea of what the borders of Turkey should be. The Germans would probably have been more generous and allowed the Turks to keep more of their former empire than the British and the French did.
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote:What I can't decide is what to do with Palestine and Jordan. I am considering making them German colonies but if I do that...should I add in the formation of Israel?
well the idea of israel was indeed shaped more seriously during the first world war. However it was only being mentioned in the wester circles. The decision to form it was signed by the british in what is called the balfour declaration.
the short version of the deal was that the british would create a jewish state in the lands conquered from the turks, while the zionist comunity would use it's influence in the usa (which has up until that point been pro german) to get them to slowly join the war on the british side.

It's my opinion the germans would have probably created a type of Transjordanian entity.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

suaske666 wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:What I can't decide is what to do with Palestine and Jordan. I am considering making them German colonies but if I do that...should I add in the formation of Israel?
well the idea of israel was indeed shaped more seriously during the first world war. However it was only being mentioned in the wester circles. The decision to form it was signed by the british in what is called the balfour declaration.
the short version of the deal was that the british would create a jewish state in the lands conquered from the turks, while the zionist comunity would use it's influence in the usa (which has up until that point been pro german) to get them to slowly join the war on the british side.

It's my opinion the germans would have probably created a type of Transjordanian entity.
I know that shortly before WW2 the Third Reich had the idea to create a Jewish state in Madagascar. Does anybody know if this idea was around during WW1?
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Cdiplayer wrote: I know that shortly before WW2 the Third Reich had the idea to create a Jewish state in Madagascar. Does anybody know if this idea was around during WW1?
Not as far as I know. The Third Reich had various ideas. Madagascar was just one of them. there was also a plan to send the jews east (in russia), but hitler said that the harsh winter climates world strengthen the jewish race (lol).
The point of both these plans however wasn't really to create a state for the jews in a charitable way (obviously) it was to get rid of them(get them out of europe).

There were other plans similar to these, not originating in the third reich. like the soviets had various plans to create jewish entities deep within the soviet union in siberia, or on the border with Manchuria (china). I also seem to remember plans about creating a jewish state in north america (I believe it was in western canada?)
there was also the Andinia Plan which was a proposal for a Jewish state in Argentina (end of the 19th century).
more recently (world war two) there were plans for settlements in Australia (Kimberly plan) and FDR's proposal for Alaska.

Honestly in this scenario in particular there aren't any historical indicators that the Germans had any intention or interest (or even concern) with a Jewish state during the first world war,. though had they won maybe this wold have eventually changed, but probably not in the short period up till the start of this mod.

of course if that's your thing, you could always just make one, doubt anyone would complain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_ ... wish_state

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”