SteamSupreme
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod

#1 Post by SteamSupreme » Jul 12 2018

SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod v1.0
#1 Post by SteamSupreme » July 12 2018
==========================================================================

1. In the Zip is DEFAULT.UNIT and it is the mod file to be copied into C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\
--x5 to build Ground units with cash, crew, Uranium, Fuel and ammo.
--x5 more for aircraft
--x0 for ships (as they do not seem much a problem for 1000+ unit globs)
--Military bases have had personnel increased x5
--COMPLEXES (also known as facilitites) but NOT buildings had industral goods cost vastly increased (limit player building)
--but no other cost changes for bldgs.
--fortifications have had initiative and attack values added (experimental, lets see if it works)
--Build time speed is unaffected
--ANYTHING ground or air that carries cargo has 5x capacity to offset x5 fuel use increase.
--ANYTHING ground or air that carries cargo has 5x range to help reduce units stuck as being out of supply
--ALL Merchant Marine can land at a NON dock location, this is to reduce the amount of Merchant Marine getting stuck because they could not find a dock to land ie when on a river near an enemy inland city and they steam back and forth endlessly as they cannot embark.
--Merchant Marine has some attack value added but they are still standoff, experimental.
--Division supply truck unit is available to build as an experimental unit. It has huge cargo capacity.

Requiring 5x these things for build especially for GROUND UNITS should keep the game more manageable later on.
Reserves take longer to deploy as more manpower is needed for crew.

The idea is to slow up a bit the mass production of ground units so the game does not drag in later stages.
The guess is instead of 2000 units piled up somewhere by the AI, it will be closer to 500.

2. To use the SRU_5xCASH.zip:

(yes you have to cache yourself, file size limit for attachments)
rename DEFAULT.UNIT, usually found in but not always C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\ to DEFAULT.bakUNIT or copy that file to another location. The archive includes a DEFAULT -ORI954.UNIT (original from v954).
From the.zip archive, copy into the DATA fldr the DEFAULT.UNIT file.

3. Go to rename D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\SR1936.SAV to SR1936_ORI.SAV (or other xx.SAV found there you want the mod to work on,
ie MA2020.sav is for Make America Great,
SR1942.sav is for 1942 World in Flames)
2. Run game>singleplayer>SANBOX>1936 Germany>start
nothing appears to happen (building cache.sav file, )
When goes to Main screen with player profile on it, the cache is done building.

3. Go to savegame folder often found in C:\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame\CACHED - C193603GER.SAV
cut CACHED - C193603GER.SAV
Paste in c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\
rename CACHED - C193603GER.SAV to SR1936.SAV

4. Run game>singleplayer>CAMPAIGN or SANDBOX>1936 (select start nation; set other variables) >start

To undo the procedure, copy back all the saved files from their archive location or rename them to their original titles, else verify integrity of game files (in Steam).

DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser was used to assist in checking this file, THANKS BattleGoat

---------
SRU_5xCASH_v1_0.zip
(739.33 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

desatanica
Corporal

Re: SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod

#2 Post by desatanica » Jul 19 2018

Can i have the version of DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser or whatever other tool you used to make edits to thousands of these units? I find it pretty impressive you got that program to work, i couldnt figure out how to use it for SRU.

Also if you have a discord or mind giving out your steam i'd love to give some suggestions on how to improve this mod, like raising the health of units to balance out more personal being in them and inflating the casualties from combat, along with a couple questions.

SteamSupreme
Warrant Officer

#3 Post by SteamSupreme » Jul 19 2018

desatanica wrote:
Jul 19 2018
Can i have the version of DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser or whatever other tool you used to make edits to thousands of these units? I find it pretty impressive you got that program to work, i couldnt figure out how to use it for SRU.

Also if you have a discord or mind giving out your steam i'd love to give some suggestions on how to improve this mod, like raising the health of units to balance out more personal being in them and inflating the casualties from combat, along with a couple questions.
The main edits were made in Excel (Open Office will work too), saved as .cvs then the units copied out and pasted in default.units. It was then checked in DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser found in this thread to insure no weirdness, ie if it did not load or a unit was orphaned because of a quote typo it would appear at the end of the list in there.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=15979

The unit 5x more $CASH$ to build mod seems successful overall as late in the game from this 1936 start
the top nations still have under 2500 units overall in 1968:
USA Active 1983 Reserve 396
Italy Active 1799 Reserve 458
Germany Active 1615 Reserve 499
Japan (below, player controlled ) Active 467 Reserve 1415

No lag no drag
Japan1968UnitCount_s.png

desatanica
Corporal

#4 Post by desatanica » Jul 20 2018

You need to raise the cost of ships aswell, the fact that you can build a carrier for 29 million in cold war start date, but a fighter plane is 150-180 million is retarded. You can use your ships as AA and bombardment to kill infantry that cost more then them, it needs balancing.

desatanica
Corporal

#5 Post by desatanica » Jul 20 2018

And there is unit bugs, like theres a motorized engineer for the US that costs 8 million per unit, and then the world wide motorized engineer costs 80 million for unit. And M3 half track infantry that costs 199million, while the Half track infantry (worldwide) costs 19 million. So you missed a couple unit files or something, and this is why i asked earlier if i can have your steam or anywhere else to get in contact with you, because i can help you fix these problems so i can implement this mod into my multiplayer games, because i like the concept alot.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”