3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

scougys
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by scougys »

thank you, neri
it great working :P
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Good that it is working now. If there is anything else again just let me know and if all else fails just attach a screenshot and let me know what ID I need to look at.

My personal guess was that tanks was the first with discovered bugs as their revolving turrets can be quite annoying to get working. That setup is unfortunately entirely trial and error so chances of something going wrong is higher
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

With the modern JSDF more or less done I have decided to try and clear up a few requests before I really start working on the two Chinas and Koreas so for a start here is my plan for the next set of models.

Marder IFV
T-90MS
AMX-56 Leclerc
SpGH DANA
T-62
CV90

Tu-16
Tu-126
Dasault Rafale
Myasishchev M-4
An-124
A-400M Atlas
I have not done full research on all of these yet so the list is subject to change depending on what reference material I can find.

The plan is for it to be ready before the end of July but that is also subject to change.
I am not doing any warships due to the time it takes to make these. ROKN and PLAN will probably also be enough for a good time.
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

Hello Nerei. What numbers do you plan to use in the DEFAULT.PICNUMS file?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I use IDs 1536 to 1999. It should be enough for a long time so doubt I will use anything else.
Originally I used 3840 to 4095 but Bradley asked me to change it.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Congratulations on the release! And thank you! This is the most important graphics package the game has received since SRCW I believe. I`ll start to implement them in my game and if I have any suggestions scale-wise I`ll post them here.

About the F-15s. For whatever reason, we have a generous amount of entries for them (I`ve done a quick check of the SRCW file, but I presume things are the same in subsequent releases):

9208 F-15A Eagle
9236 F-15C Eagle
9266 F-15I Strike Eagle
9279 RF-15CJ Eagle Recce
11119 F-15E Strike Eagle
11176 F-15K Strike Eagle

We could use your various skins to make these entries have different graphics (complete with matching UGBITS), especially since Korea and Israel have their own separate entries for the Strike Eagle. Of course, this would raise the number of entries in DEFAULT.PICNUMS so maybe it should be left to everyone`s desire to implement it or not, but in this case, could I trouble you for some extra UGBITS? :-) For:
F-15C (the generic version)
F-15K (Korean colours)
F-15E (the generic version)
If you ever have the time, of course.
Nerei wrote:With the modern JSDF more or less done I have decided to try and clear up a few requests before I really start working on the two Chinas and Koreas so for a start here is my plan for the next set of models.

Marder IFV
T-90MS
AMX-56 Leclerc
SpGH DANA
T-62
CV90

Tu-16
Tu-126
Dasault Rafale
Myasishchev M-4
An-124
A-400M Atlas
I have not done full research on all of these yet so the list is subject to change depending on what reference material I can find.
I think there`s no surprise that I find that list awesome! :-)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Making UGBITS pictures is quite simple. It is basically toggling a few groups in photoshop (or applying a different texture). I have a scene designed specifically for this so all I really do is possibly correcting brightness a bit.
F-15E - generic
F-15C - generic
F-15K Slam Eagle
(the preview has a white background so use the top right download button)

Also I will probably try and have something ready for around July 1st. No promises on what will make it but currently my plan is:

Tu-126
AN-124
Dassault Rafale
Airbus A400
Mi-28 (I fond this one and being fairly far along I thought I would try and finish it)
AMX56 Leclerc
T-90MS

There will probably be a few changes with this project going forward as the situation has changed a bit. I'll try and have more information around the 1st. No it is not that I intend to stop making these.

In the meantime here is a question for you all: What would be the 3 most desired models to have in game (excluding the 12 models I last listed and the mi-28)?
It can more or less be anything as long as it A. has at least been seriously considered for construction and B. are somewhat feasible (e.g. no Landkreuzer P. 1000 or H-45 battleship).
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thank you very much!
In the meantime here is a question for you all: What would be the 3 most desired models to have in game (excluding the 12 models I last listed and the mi-28)?
That`s a hard one to answer, but it`s always fun to make lists so: :P

1. SA-2 Guideline - we don`t have anything looking like it and it`s still widely available throughout the world in its various iterations (not to mention a Cold War symbol):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvin ... _operators
Personally I`d make it deployed (like the vanilla MIM-23 Hawk is portrayed). I`m guessing this would also reduce the amount of work involved.

2. a MRAP - something like the Cougar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_(vehicle)
Ideally we should have both a 4x4 and a 6x6, but even one will do since none of our current graphics comes close to a classic MRAP. Lots of them in use, in various models, by many countries.

3. Su-34 - the Su-27 family has diversified greatly and is more and more available internationally so I think a single grey unit as in vanilla doesn`t do anymore. I`d start with the Su-34 because it diverged the most from the original Su-27 in visual terms and it is actually a tactical bomber so it would be nice to visually identify it in game. Plus, the colour schemes are lovely. We had a discussion on the Sukhoi family here (with links):
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 88#p179288
It can more or less be anything as long as it A. has at least been seriously considered for construction and B. are somewhat feasible (e.g. no Landkreuzer P. 1000 or H-45 battleship).
I beg your pardon, but P.1000 is feasible and it will be released. In 1/72 by Modelcollect.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... elcollect/
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Takom already have a 1:144 P. 1000 model kit. My favourite part of that one is the box art that has 2 ufo's on it. That is a nice touch and probably also shows what reality such a vehicle would exist in ^_-
Also quick preview. Only includes finished models so far.
I did not bother including the generic Tu-126 as it is the same as the R variant just without the markings
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Okay I think I have figured out how I want to do this and really there is no need to wait then. Naturally all of this is subject to change.

First off I am scrapping any plans to make fancy unit packages. Ideally these will be superfluous in the long run as the content (or some of it at least) will be incorporated into the core game. The ID range change for the latest release is something I have made in cooperation with Brad and should make it fairly easy for BG to do so all things considered. I might update the first post in this thread to contain links to all zip files but that will probably be it.
Releases like the one on June 7th will still happen as I still plan to release all content in this thread. The timetable however will probably change but more on that below.

Also I plan to move to a monthly release schedule. Possibly if that proves too short for me I will change it to bi-monthly. This will be down to simply trying what I like more but it should not be more than that. Ideally this will result in less bulk testing for me as honestly trying to check if all of the JSDF was working at the same time was not that much fun.
Each month (or bi-monthly period if I change it) will be based on a theme. This can be anything from modern PLA to Royal Navy during the great war, Patton tanks or the 6-day war. This should allow for more variety for me on what to create while still maintaining a consistent theme.

Further I hope to be able to make a short list of requested models each month (hence the most desired models request). The idea is to create a short list that hopefully will be completed each month instead of ending up with a huge request list. They might not all be made but ideally at least some of them will be. Again the exact number might be subject to change but I think 3 is a good starting point. White I retain the right to have absolute authority on what will get on such a list I am very much open for debate on what it should be. I might in theory even listen to suggestions ^_-

Anyway that is my plans for this going forward.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Do you have an information which 36 new model of yours are included in the latest insider build? So far I found only K1A1 tank...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have no idea what models have actually been added to the game as in recompiled and shows up in say 1936. Looking at a game of 2020GC I did spot that several of the surface combatants using these meshes.

As for what is in the actual download (though maybe not recompiled and showing up in the game) that is somewhat easier to answer and from what I can tell basically everything in the June 7th release. So if you got the latest beta build the download I put up should not be necessary.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

number47 wrote:Do you have an information which 36 new model of yours are included in the latest insider build? So far I found only K1A1 tank...

Off the top of my head several of Nerei's Japanese naval units are in 36.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
number47 wrote:Do you have an information which 36 new model of yours are included in the latest insider build? So far I found only K1A1 tank...

Off the top of my head several of Nerei's Japanese naval units are in 36.
Yeah, I found them...most of the 36 are naval units
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

There are also some modern JMSDF models in use. I should probably do a writeup on the changes needed for the JSDF as I have made models of vessels that are not yet in the game.

Also there is a minor error on the Nimitz model. It appears the UV map broke during exporting. The scale of this model is identical to the other so just replace the original UNIT1800.x and it should be it.
download

I have already uploaded a version to idrive.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”