multiple things/issues/suggestions - 1936 sandbox - v9.0.12

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

laurent-le-barbare

multiple things/issues/suggestions - 1936 sandbox - v9.0.12

Post by laurent-le-barbare »

hello - I'm running this older version because I couldn't retrieve my files from my tower PC and well.. not being super rich at the moment, I rather not buy another copy.

I can share the latest savegame if you can run it on later versions (hopefully I can xD..) - I'll try to be as brief and descriptive as possible

main issue :

WW2 was fkd up - Romania and Hungrary ended up with huge swathes of USSR, Moscow being German-owned and all seemed to be going fine for Axis.

USA invaded Libya .. USA AI went for liberation or oil? lùlùlùz here - Germany didn't invade Belgium and Netherlands and the... Canadians ended up breaking point. It went south super fast after Romania betrayed?, declared war on former German ally and took a bunch of USSR. Then Canada with Britain swooped into northern continental Europe and Italy, but not before Germany ate up what Romania had in USSR. It ended as you can see it now, almost in 1960. It seems like Canada and UK won't ever release the former allies' land. China ate up Japan xDDD in a complete turnover. Happened so fast I missed it while going to the store for 10-15 minutes. :*( USA never stepped into Europe; Canada is like badass Spongebob; USA has 0 allies (..wtf?); lots of weird things; Australia has a bug with mil goods consumption (can't be as is)

Is there any way to force the AI to liberate the countries taken in WW2? Like France be "revived" and their colonies going back to them?

Because, I mean, wtf, as of now, Brazil and Ecuador have parts of the Balkans... the UK has almost 200M pop and 1000's of units just wandering all over the map.

My main question here is... is it worth continuing this game?

which really pisses me off, because starting as South Africa in 1936, I'm 4th in tech and steamrolling... I invaded Iraq, Saudis and Yemen, after taking Belgium Congo, after Mozambique/Angola and Madagascar. Don't really want to to all the clicking again to get back here. I have world's top GDP, along with Bahrein and 2-3 other smallish countries with 60M+ pop, self-sufficient +$ economy with like -40M in tech per day ... South African invasion of Florida kind of game, don't want to waste it.

but if it's a pointless-ish 5 players game, USA-UK-USSR-China-Me, I'd rather not..

If you know a wizard-level way of inputting the code to make them liberate territories according to, say, loyalty, you have a customer for life for future titles :D

1000 thanks

edit : other major problem is there are barely no design for South Africa... I mean, you research 2-3 techs and there are just no thing to be researched in terms of units, until 2-3-4 techs later when you get 2-3 new things ... I mean, there should have been a "Africa", "South America" and so forth tech tree... Africa has more milage but less speed aircrafts, Middle East has more speed, less milage ... that kind of stuff ... don't know, feeling like I spent a bunch of hours playing something, thinking of the outcome, but seeing that outcome not really happening :*(
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: multiple things/issues/suggestions - 1936 sandbox - v9.0.12

Post by Balthagor »

The only way to "run an older version" is to pirate the game. it is only available through Steam and Steam always has the latest version. While we are sympathetic to the fact that we are all living in difficult economic times, that does not in any way justify stealing from our company. Discussion of pirated versions of the game is not allowed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”