So Uh Yeah I figured out how GDP/c Works in this game

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Dawg
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

So Uh Yeah I figured out how GDP/c Works in this game

Post by Dawg »

After Ages I figured out how GDP/c works, plus I have to give thanks to George for sort of giving out the information. I might Release
a Spreadsheet but the thing is I got a bunch of my "Attempts" at trying to figure this stuff out on there. So yeah, maybe one day I'll release it I got to do a bunch of editing but so far, my math's starting to come out great.
Dawg
Warrant Officer

Re: So Uh Yeah I figured out how GDP/c Works in this game

Post by Dawg »

I did actually make a spreadsheet even though it's pointless unless you want to know your actual GDP/c after the year is over with.

The only thing this really does is makes sure you don't spend out of control.

It's basically a spreadsheet after I broke the game down to the economic bare minimum through the logs.

I know, I'm a bit nerdy and this took almost a whole day and I'm not even for sure it works so tomorrow I'll test my theory by going a whole year.

Although I would not be able to post the spreadsheet it's kind of neat knowing supreme rulers' economic system. :D

Anyways, have a good day everyone.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

So . . . how DOES it work?
lorddrakenwode
Warrant Officer

Post by lorddrakenwode »

I'd love to see your work. I'm very interested in the underlying math behind the game's economy.

If you're looking for a new challenge, see if you can answer the question, "To what extent does a good's displayed production price include the goods that go into making it?"

On the one hand, it seems like it unequivocally does, since shutting down all those petrol power plants seems to drop the production price for electric power immediately, and substantially.

On the other hand, the overall production cost displayed on the budget window seems to be just the sum of the production price of each of the goods. But that would seem to me to be a problem, because then you're paying for all the coal you produce in its production price... But then you're paying for it again in the electric power your coal power plants produce. And again when it goes into industrial goods. And AGAIN again when the coal-produced electric power goes into the industrial goods. And even more agains when all of the above goes into consumer goods or military goods.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”