Why am I losing?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Why am I losing?

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

I've got higher supply, higher ammount of troops, my maintaince and traning is at 100%, i'm using supply trucks and artillery.
And i'm using infantry to fight garrisons (close combat).
And my infantry is year 24, with higher Fortification/Soft/Hard/Close attack than their obsolete and weaker year 21 infantry.

I even built 1 supply depot and 1 arfield 2 hexes away from the hex i'm getting wrecked.
Not to mention i'm using an AirForce such as strategic bombers and interceptors.

So why I my troops are getting slaughtered in seconds while their troops get just a small ammount of damage?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Klauss Marcellus on Oct 12 2021, edited 2 times in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Why am I losing?

Post by Balthagor »

If you can post a savegame, it might be easier for people to look at it in game than from the pictures. Not sure what people are using to host large files these days...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Sadly I cannot attach savegames. How do I do that?

And when I try to manually attach the save game, the website says its an invalid extension.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

SOLVED: Minister decreased military salaries, thus decreasing my army's morale.
I'm not sure why he decreased it to lower than 30% when I was on a positve budget tough.
Never forget to turn your minister's spendings off.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Klauss Marcellus wrote: Oct 12 2021 Sadly I cannot attach savegames. How do I do that?

And when I try to manually attach the save game, the website says its an invalid extension.
You can't attach savegames, these forums don't have storage space for files of that size. That's why I mentioned something to host large files. I know some people just used their Google Drive account.

Glad you got it figured out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Klauss Marcellus wrote: Oct 12 2021 SOLVED: Minister decreased military salaries, thus decreasing my army's morale.
I'm not sure why he decreased it to lower than 30% when I was on a positve budget tough.
Never forget to turn your minister's spendings off.
Thats the most important setting in this game ever:
put both to max and never ever forget to disable the ai minister on these items!
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

If they got red markings, they got 50% suply and stop fighting for some reason. City is just faster with giving suplies then the hex suply might show you.
Maximising military effectiveness will suply troops faster, but thats not the main reason why you were loosing.

What you showed was the hex suply, not the suply of the units.

If cities werent dumbed down, smaller cities wouldnt only provide less defence, but also less suply recovery. Now garrisons always have 100% suply, like cities always have 100% defence. Altho i doubt they remember to dumb it down or if its just broken, like entrench build up.. As shown many times perfectly able to identify issues :roll:

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”