War Issue

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

War Issue

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

Legit everyone I know say that in SRU you have to manually control your units.
And yeah, it is a bit fun and strategic doing so, but on larger fronts with literall hundreds of units it becames uneplayable.

And no, I can't let the AI take control of my military because the only thing the AI do is bash my units randomly and aimlesly against fortified enemy cities, even without supply or arty support.

Battlegroups was a good implement, but doens't solve the problem entirelly on its own.

So, what are you guys suggestions to fix this issue? How to properly war on SRU?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: War Issue

Post by Rosalis »

These complaints make the game easier and easier. There is literally nothing to be affraid of if you entrench border cities. I got save games, where there are hundreds of wars and all i did was defend every region. Not 1 single dead.

No naval invasions against player. Only if you JUST captured the cities they might perform an "naval invasion", if you can call it that, while your navy should be waiting there.
AI incapable of using strategic bombers.
AI incapable of big pushes, unless it has thousands of units. Sry that might be hard. Entrenching 7 special forces, nooo sooo hard.
AI can be exploited thru the battlezones where you can use scorched tactics, if they dont have acccess to a barrack, they are useless.
As player you can release battlezones, so you can only focus on 1 front.
As player you can gift allies units where they are needed.
etc
etc
etc
Not sure how easy it should get man. All i know i like my challenges. Generally you want to thank the person giving you ttips and answering you btw. And try to keep it in 1 topic instead of spamming it.
Klauss Marcellus
Warrant Officer

Post by Klauss Marcellus »

I see you dind't understand my topic.
I'm not asking to get ''easier'', where did you get that idea?

My text was pretty clear; how to manage large-front wars. I can't let my AI take control of it because they will keep sending my units towards suicidal attacks.
And it is uneplayable for someone to just manually control hundreds of units on my own.

And what you just said was about a defensive war, but I'm here asking tips on offensive wars, where I want to gain territory.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32407

Maybe you should try to only advance on 1 front..... You can buy the B2 for like 150 billion, instead of the 750 billion to 1 trillion in sr2020 and people still strugling. Maybe next version sr2030 everyone starts with 14 strategic bombers while ai still put them in the strategic pool.
Why not remove units in Libya and replace them with ww2 crap and start the war with Libya. You think you can manage then? AI is perfectly able to annex Africa if you have better units. Might need some corrections now and then, but ai got way more problems, or should atleast. Well in patch 9.2.5 atleast, before they would just go wherever and get killed as merchant marine.

You think Russia wont have problems when it get attacked on all fronts in rl? Ofcourse it does. I want to see some no pause challenges on youtube lol. Someone sponsor me :)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”