Can I influence a country to get it into my sphere without necessarily being a sphere leader?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

guaro15
Corporal
Human: Yes

Can I influence a country to get it into my sphere without necessarily being a sphere leader?

Post by guaro15 »

I'm playing the shattered world sandbox as Ukraine on the red sphere side, as I assume that sphere leaders in this sandbox are Texas and Moscow, I'd like to know if I can get a country into the red sphere or if this is only a sphere leader feature. I'm influencing Hungary, Slovakia and Letonia but still don't see results, despite I have great relationship with them.

I also would like to know what happen if a sphere leader is eliminated or it changes of sphere, if the game ends there or if another country replace it as the leader.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Can I influence a country to get it into my sphere without necessarily being a sphere leader?

Post by Rosalis »

No red sphere is way to inbalanced, if you dont declare on blue sphere, i wont be surprised you will get forced into there, since you will prolly get better relations with them over time.

if the "leader" dies, next one in line becomes the "leader" but even as leader you cant do much about it. Whoever got the best relations worldwide, will join the sphere. As China in global crisis, with Russia dead, i was turning blue, even when declaring wars on blue sphere, simply because almost all of red sphere hated eachother and was joining blue over time. My relations with the defectors was good, so that made my relations with blue good. What also doesnt help red sphere is retarded when it comes down to units and techs, so yeah. Power projection also isnt on their side.

The influence values of the sphere are determined in the .CVP file.
sphere
civiliansphere

1.0 means "leader", but basicly this shows how loyal they will be to the sphere.

But devs claim to differ, so believe whoever you wanna believe. My next experiment gonna be play the whole red sphere, support eachother goverment and trade embargo blue, but last time i tried i was too slow for that and they joined blue nomather. Especially the US states like to eat eachother ...... Making the shattered world sandbox obsolete even without sphere. Divided states seems a better one for sphere system, if you got the old trump dlc. Influencing of Russia and China in the past 15-20 years never happened in this game. https://www.visualcapitalist.com/china- ... g-partner/ Its just a trade map, but money makes the world go round.

One final point i like to make is the liberate feature, it restores old relations, where not only relations of the liberator should be good, but also all allies or sphere members and ofcourse worsen relations of nations with the old goverment, if they dont have anything in common.
guaro15
Corporal

Re: Can I influence a country to get it into my sphere without necessarily being a sphere leader?

Post by guaro15 »

Rosalis wrote: Mar 31 2021 As China in global crisis, with Russia dead, i was turning blue, even when declaring wars on blue sphere, simply because almost all of red sphere hated eachother and was joining blue over time. My relations with the defectors was good, so that made my relations with blue good
Yes definitely the game is very biased in favour of western side. Although, I think that might happened because actually the red sphere nations (specially Russia/Moscow and China) tends to be very very aggressive even with the low world volatility and then, declare war on everyone making them being hated even by their own sphere members. I set the world volatility in none and so far neither Moscow nor North China have randomly declared war on no one, however I see some countries have moved from red aligned to red leaning so maybe the problem persists.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

In a sphere system declaring wars on blue should improve all relations with red, altho if a red nation already got good relations with blue, that might be very minimalistic. It will push neutral regions towards blue tho, unless you get those proxy war declarations.

The war declarations of those regions is mainly because there is no other way for them then to take more regions over. If you lack with 80-90% of the regions a simple embassy treaty, then what do you got too loose? In my mod i added about 140 embassies of China they got in rl, but despite all my focus on red sphere members i still dont find this to be complete to publish. Changing the tech (and unit) system didnt improve the modern sandboxes thats for sure. And lets just not talk about the economic system anymore. Soon everyone will see what they let happen after 2002. Your either with us or against us, yea watch that trade map i linked. As long everyone is independent they make their own priorities.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”