Ai don't make alliances? Is there a way to get more alliances?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Viranto
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Ai don't make alliances? Is there a way to get more alliances?

Post by Viranto »

I played now the third time the 2020 sandbox scenario and it looks like the ai don't make any alliance. Only the alliances from the start are there (nato), but no new one. In 3 years i get only one question about an alliance with netherland.
Now i test it several times with ai only on the very fast speed and nothing. There are wars, mostly one against one.
Have test it with volatility high and low and don't make a difference in my eyes. Only on high there are much more wars, but still no new alliance for the ai.
Can i do something, that the ai make more alliances with each other? To get some wars where the ai try to help an other ai or where they intervene later in a war?

For example North Korea gets always wiped out in the first year (on low (later in the year) and high (directly at the beginning) volatility ). But they have a good relationship to china. It would be nice if they can make an alliance in one game and in other not ( to keep the sandbox alive).
Or the second thing, isreal always wiped syria out in the first year. They never get help or something, but there are some good relationships around them.
Same for china, they attack everyone around them but nobody try to stop china and nobody around china make any alliance.

Is there a way how i can change this? Maybe in the .scenario files? A chance where the ai make more alliance?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Ai don't make alliances? Is there a way to get more alliances?

Post by Rosalis »

Not really, in my mod i increased alliances for Russia and China to make it actually interesting to play a NATO country, but Russia and China will declare war more on eachother sphere members then make more alliances.

You could try very easy diplomacy, with low volatility, thats about it. Sometimes you get lucky, one game i was playing as Iran and every AI country allied to their neignours that i attacked, but thats like 1 in 100 games. Its just very unbalanced. The interesting games with Iran and North Korea that i played was pure because of low treaty integrity i think. AI like to gangbang you then.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The AI looks at relationships to decide where to make alliances. If you turn down volatility and diplomacy difficulty, they should be more willing to make alliances.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

As Chris says I have no issues with this because I start all my games on low volatility and with no units so I see plenty of AI Alliances
Viranto
Sergeant

Post by Viranto »

sparky282 wrote: May 25 2020 As Chris says I have no issues with this because I start all my games on low volatility and with no units so I see plenty of AI Alliances
I never see alliances between ai only the starting alliances or my own offers.
But without units? Okay i never try this before. I look into it now and hope there are alliances with this

Edit: Yes this works. With no starting units, the ai seems to make more alliances and i don't have a war in the first year. So nobody overrun small nations. Northkorea and Syria still alive in 2022. Thank you
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

No problems enjoy

Also I think as chris says the low volatility helps a lot as everyone doesn't hate everyone else
Viranto
Sergeant

Post by Viranto »

sparky282 wrote: May 25 2020 No problems enjoy

Also I think as chris says the low volatility helps a lot as everyone doesn't hate everyone else
Yes and found other thing. When you take unpredictable at ai stance the whole realtion ship is in every game random. I have with this alliances directly in the first 3 month between different (8) factions. Because i play sandbox this is now amazing. Because i never know what happend and can play again and again and have always a complete other game. Its more like Europa Universalis now.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

There is always a bit of randomness in the relations nomather AI stance, same goes for default. I wanna ask those who thinks everything is fine as far as forming alliances, what allies are you seeing? Earlier it was Balth that mentioned US allying the Czechs, but wat does that mean if US doesnt have transit treaties to them? Or bases where it can actually defend europe and conduct offensive operations acrross the globe where it see a threat? An alliance have to mean something, a region have to defend it ally, at the cost of not getting an easy target itself. Not just a way to loose all your infantry as merchant marines. Thats why local alliances should be priority. Just the way alot of war declarations are more locally now.
At the same time you want US to be able to ally next to their enemies, but that's US. No other country can compare tp those expences, if your talking foreign bases too, which is basicly essential how fast some countries are getting annexed. And then the game goes play...low volatility. Everyone gonna hate US because they have the most military bases, and everyone gonna hate China and Russia, because they are prolly responsible together with North Korea and Iran for 99% of war declarations. So they gonna either own the whole thing, or more likely get their precious troops stuck somewhere, and get annexed by Vietnam or Kazachstan or something. Then everyone gonna ally with eachother and peace at last. Good job i guess.. Oh yeah i forgot US making thousands of high stealth troops which gonna overpopulate their airfields. Real nice for game speed. Annexing is pretty serious, and it got less serious which i personally dont like.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”