Mig 21 Mesh/Texture, X region code (split from Changelog 9.1.303)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

milivoje02
Colonel
Human: Yes

Mig 21 Mesh/Texture, X region code (split from Changelog 9.1.303)

Post by milivoje02 »

Can you please change the mesh for Mig 21 Fishbend-c in X group. Because in the modern scenario WORLD 2020 In Croatian and Serbian army appears with the marks of JNA. And JNA is gone for 27 years. Serbia and Croatia have there own marks, so it's a little unpleasant to see him with the JNA tags in 2020. So it is best to remove the mesh for Mig 21 Fishbend-c for X group. Thank you.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.303

Post by Balthagor »

Can you tell us the ID of unit or the picture ID in question? I'd have to figure out first if it's one of our models or Nerei's models.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 02 2020 Can you tell us the ID of unit or the picture ID in question? I'd have to figure out first if it's one of our models or Nerei's models.
Of course.

ID of unit: 9156 MIG 21 Fishbed-c

Picture number in Meshes files : UNIT1855X
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I made that model. The reason for the markings is that it was made around 2 years ago. That is to say back when region group X only contained Yugoslavia.

Also textures and meshes are not tied together. Removing UNIT1855X.dds will revert region group X nations to using the default texture.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Just please remove the JNA tags. because the JNA has not existed for 27 years. X group should only have textures without tags. It is best to remove the mesh for Mig 21 Fishbend-c for X group UNIT1855X .
Thank you.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That model was created by Nerei. If you'd like to request changes, you'll need to post in his thread in the modding section.

If you want to mod your version, just delete the file UNIT1855X.dds from your /Graphcis/Meshes folder and then it will use the default texture for region X
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 03 2020 That model was created by Nerei. If you'd like to request changes, you'll need to post in his thread in the modding section.

If you want to mod your version, just delete the file UNIT1855X.dds from your /Graphcis/Meshes folder and then it will use the default texture for region X
No. I would ask for a tag correction. Because in scenario World 2020 in Croatian and Serbian army appears an aircraft with tags of Jugoslav Natonal Army which has ceased to exist
In 1992. Crotaian army have a its tag a chessboard and Serbian army have aits tag white two-headed eagle with crown. None of the countries have star on the coat of arms.
I don't think a new chapter should be started on this issue because at least the country's coats of arms are easily recognizable.
The main question here is ralism? how realistic it is that the insignia from an army that ceased to exist in 1992 in 2020 appear especially in armies which were fighting with arms to get out of Yugoslavia?
Nerei made a lot of pretty moles,but let's not mix the country's coats of arms.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Some people just use any thread for X region issues.

If you remove yugoslav mesh, than Yugoslavia won't have historical mesh. If you do not remove it, than ex-Yu countries will have strange markings. Anyway I find this error minor and certainly not gamebreaking. I'll leave it as it is but this is also a good excuse to start working on new and reengined Supreme Ruler [_]B
Please teach AI everything!
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Apr 03 2020 Some people just use any thread for X region issues.

If you remove yugoslav mesh, than Yugoslavia won't have historical mesh. If you do not remove it, than ex-Yu countries will have strange markings. Anyway I find this error minor and certainly not gamebreaking. I'll leave it as it is but this is also a good excuse to start working on new and reengined Supreme Ruler [_]B
Yugoslavia existed before 1949. King Aleksandar Karadjordjevic fuonded Kingdom of Jugoslavija in 1929 by renaming Kingdom of Serbian Croat and Slovenians in Kingdom.of Jugoslavija. His father king Petar 1 Karadjordjevic King of Serbia in 1918 after liberation of south Slavs lands founded with his army and state of Serbia a three nation Kingdom. Why because of 1 scenario(cold war) all other scenarios have to suffer. In world war 1 there is Serbian kingdom,in world war 2 there is Kingodm of Yugoslavia and in modern age scenario there are a Serbia,Croatia,Montenegro,Bosnia,Slovenia and Makedonija.
Zuikaku the question here is about the accuracy of the tags.
You can have whatever opinion you want about a country. But country tags cannot be affected by this. Therefore, here is an appeal to the situation in treee modern scenarios that have peoblem due to stray marks from someone else.
Or are you planning to change history? And you talk so much about reality.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020

Yugoslavia existed before 1949. King Aleksandar Karadjordjevic fuonded Kingdom of Jugoslavija in 1929 by renaming Kingdom of Serbian Croat and Slovenians in Kingdom.of Jugoslavija. His father king Petar 1 Karadjordjevic King of Serbia in 1918 after liberation of south Slavs lands founded with his army and state of Serbia a three nation Kingdom. Why because of 1 scenario(cold war) all other scenarios have to suffer. In world war 1 there is Serbian kingdom,in world war 2 there is Kingodm of Yugoslavia and in modern age scenario there are a Serbia,Croatia,Montenegro,Bosnia,Slovenia and Makedonija.
You can have whatever opinion you want about a country. But country tags cannot be affected by this. Therefore, here is an appeal to the situation in treee modern scenarios that have peoblem due to stray marks from someone else.
The reality is different from attempts to force devs to make some specific regions much stronger then they are (or shoul'd be). Or to force equipment from only one specific country within regional group (which you favour) into the unit database. Maybe you might not noticed that you were pretty successfull in doing that. And this is where you and I can not agree in any way. Same with efforts to tie SR series future sales with X region unit/strenght wishlists. That is just a bit too much and I don't support this. I can not imagine that someone woul'd seriously consider not to buy SRTNG based on the knowledge that 4 out of 590 units of one specific region are missing, have the "wrong" (read as not as I like) data or mesh. That is just a bit over the edge :wink:

Mesh things are really a minor issue which can be very easily either ignored or changed through minor modding and yet you are presenting this here as a major flaw and gamebreaker worth emergency hotfix at least. And while this is your right, I find your drama about this and other X regional inconsistencies (after all these are only some unit database errors easily fixed or moded) somewhat inapropriate.

A few years ago we did not have so many meshes ,especially with regional markings. Thanks to efforts of Nerei, we can now enjoy them. BG dev team is just to small to handle all these units and create apropriate (regional) mesh for every single one of them. So I can just hope they will continue to develop other areas of the game and praise Nerei for all the nice models he gave us at the expense of counless hours of his free time (which some of us spent playing and enjoying the game). Yes, I am for maximum reality but I can understand that not everything can be done 100% accurate and to be honest, meshes and 3D models are very low on my wishlist so maybe I'm not the right person to talk about them at all. :oops:

But as I said before - the BG devs have the last word on this and any other subject here :-)
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Apr 03 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020

The reality is different from attempts to force devs to make some specific regions much stronger then they are (or shoul'd be). Or to force equipment from only one specific country within regional group (which you favour) into the unit database. Maybe you might not noticed that you were pretty successfull in doing that. And this is where you and I can not agree in any way. Same with efforts to tie SR series future sales with X region unit/strenght wishlists. That is just a bit too much and I don't support this. I can not imagine that someone woul'd seriously consider not to buy SRTNG based on the knowledge that 4 out of 590 units of one specific region are missing, have the "wrong" (read as not as I like) data or mesh. That is just a bit over the edge :wink:

Mesh things are really a minor issue which can be very easily either ignored or changed through minor modding and yet you are presenting this here as a major flaw and gamebreaker worth emergency hotfix at least. And while this is your right, I find your drama about this and other X regional inconsistencies (after all these are only some unit database errors easily fixed or moded) somewhat inapropriate.

A few years ago we did not have so many meshes ,especially with regional markings. Thanks to efforts of Nerei, we can now enjoy them. BG dev team is just to small to handle all these units and create apropriate (regional) mesh for every single one of them. So I can just hope they will continue to develop other areas of the game and praise Nerei for all the nice models he gave us at the expense of counless hours of his free time (which some of us spent playing and enjoying the game). Yes, I am for maximum reality but I can understand that not everything can be done 100% accurate and to be honest, meshes and 3D models are very low on my wishlist so maybe I'm not the right person to talk about them at all. :oops:

But as I said before - the BG devs have the last word on this and any other subject here :-)
Everything you say only confirms that the X group should join the T group.
Zuikaku tell me in the modern age what does it say Article 9 of Japan constitution(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article ... nstitution )? According to this, should Japan have an army in modern scenarios?
milivoje02
Colonel

Re: Mig 21 Mesh/Texture, X region code (split from Changelog 9.1.303)

Post by milivoje02 »

It is wiser to abolish the X group. And to move the countries from that group to the T group, as it once was. So it would be better, much easier, and those countries of the former Yugoslavia are more in the Eastern Europe and European Union now.
And all the stories and problems around this one will disappear, which will make the player happy.
Now one scenario corrupts the other 10. it's not commercial. So cancel the x group and return all countries from it to group to the T group.
Nerei
General

Re: Mig 21 Mesh/Texture, X region code (split from Changelog 9.1.303)

Post by Nerei »

The reasons I suggest removing the X regional texture for model 1855 is that the markings are one of the main differences between it and the default texture.
The main other noticeable one is that they are in a different shade of grey. I am not sure how much that difference is worth.

It is the same reason I have not made say a british AH-64 texture to represent the WAH-64. They will be quite close to the default texture and to some extend just be adding a texture for the sake of adding one.

That said here is a version without markings. If BG want to use this file, keep the original or just remove the file entirely is their choice. I am fine with any of those options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020 Everything you say only confirms that the X group should join the T group.
So either X regional group is to be as you like (super strong) or it should be deleted?! Someday in the far past, there were no X group. One fellow forum user (which is now sadly mostly inactive) had the initiative for X group to be included. And I was all for that. But he was realistic and did not wanted X group to be filled with all this fantasy equipment. He didn't mind if X group was not the best and the strongest. X group is his child.
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020 Zuikaku tell me in the modern age what does it say Article 9 of Japan constitution(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article ... nstitution )? According to this, should Japan have an army in modern scenarios?
Yes, and it have but...
Why do you think anybody here in the Truk Imperial HQ even care about constitution forced upon Japan by occupational forces?! :D

You know what the problem is? Japan lives forever led by divine wisdom of it's Emperor god (of the alien ancestry). Region J was here before region X even existed and it is here to stay forever... and ever :wink:

P.S. If you want to be super realistic, no country from the X region is capable of building a single tank by their own today. And they are unrestricted by constitutions. Japan can build tanks and many more things. I'm all for that X region can build tanks. But what I am against is:
- X region being able to build things it never built ( like MiG-23s, Sa-2)
- X region being able to build better equipment than superpowers (fantasy equipment)
- X region hijacking other region's designs (like Pt-91 Twardy).
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Apr 07 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020 Everything you say only confirms that the X group should join the T group.
So either X regional group is to be as you like (super strong) or it should be deleted?! Someday in the far past, there were no X group. One fellow forum user (which is now sadly mostly inactive) had the initiative for X group to be included. And I was all for that. But he was realistic and did not wanted X group to be filled with all this fantasy equipment. He didn't mind if X group was not the best and the strongest. X group is his child.
milivoje02 wrote: Apr 03 2020 Zuikaku tell me in the modern age what does it say Article 9 of Japan constitution(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article ... nstitution )? According to this, should Japan have an army in modern scenarios?
Yes, and it have but...
Why do you think anybody here in the Truk Imperial HQ even care about constitution forced upon Japan by occupational forces?! :D

You know what the problem is? Japan lives forever led by divine wisdom of it's Emperor god (of the alien ancestry). Region J was here before region X even existed and it is here to stay forever... and ever :wink:

P.S. If you want to be super realistic, no country from the X region is capable of building a single tank by their own today. And they are unrestricted by constitutions. Japan can build tanks and many more things. I'm all for that X region can build tanks. But what I am against is:
- X region being able to build things it never built ( like MiG-23s, Sa-2)
- X region being able to build better equipment than superpowers (fantasy equipment)
- X region hijacking other region's designs (like Pt-91 Twardy).
The money comes from the customers. If devolopers wants the money from the consumers then it has to adapt to the needs of consumers. Which means that if you want to play with country form R,T,X,U,Z it should be interesting. With separating the x group from t group turned out to be a very bad experiment. For example, the insertion of equipment by state producers and the production capacity of the country(lazar 2.nora b 52. M 84 ab1 to serbia production capasity) is being ignored despite the fact that, unlike your requirements, I added a link with the manufacturer of that equipment. so it is best for everyone to abolish the x gurp and assign it to someone else. maybe mexico .... And small countries from the balkans to return to the t group.
You started talking about reality. If the constitution says that it should not have an army why it has it? And so much about reality and your unit comments.
I, as a consumer, can state that I do not like groups to have few units. AI develops units from his group only,so the more units available to develop, the more interesting it is,and AI is harder to beat.
I have to disappoint you about building tanks. Serbia has in this introduced new 20 m 84 AB1 tanks. you like to comment a lot and you read poorly. if you read the information then go to the manufacturer's website. I have to admit that I am very little interested in J. All i know is that they bought a design f 16 c from USA and with Locheed Martin achieved production capacity and renamed it in F2.
And that they had purchased a main gun firing system for their tank from Germany. I don't like to express myself in a negative way. I respect all nations, because most people are good everywhere, though others are louder.
According to. read the manufacturer's website and only then declare something for some production capacity.

according to. read the manufacturer's website and only then declare something for some production capacity.
The topic of this quarter is:People you put the flag of a country that does not exist on the units of countries that exist.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”