Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Ver. Changelog 9.2.5 Inauguration Bonus Map Update

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CeaganP
BattleGoat Team
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.2

Post by CeaganP »

I am currently testing for this.
Cdiplayer wrote: May 04 2020 Its happened to me.
evildari wrote: Mapeditor stops responding (completely even waiting several minutes wont help) after using the "fill" terrain function (not always, not even at every first time)
Maybe it is an issue with the autobackup before(?) every fill operation.
Usually its very easy to trigger this by filling even a small area with the "impassible" terrain.

A suggestion for the mapeditor: since the dawn of (ultra)wide monitors there is more space to the left and right than top to bottom, would it be possible to use the sides to have a larger list (facilities&terrain) to reduce scrolling?
evildari, Cdiplayer I'm trying to document this issue a bit more. Is there any consistency to this, can you accomplish the task you wanted to complete in an alternative way? Is this happening on many maps or just one? Does it happen with just "impassible" terrain?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

it was not only with impassible terrain - although it seemed to me the first time i encountered this, only after using "impassible" terrain
tested it some more today:
did not test all terrain though - but it seems the last 4 entries in the terrain list always freeze while filling!
Battle of India - just zoomed into at mouse cursor - and tried to fill the jungle around "Kumba". Mapeditor not responding.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

Great info evildari, that is helpful to hear the details of. If you notice any other peculiarities feel free to include it here.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

unfortunately its even more weird - i have a custom .terx file and a similar issue happens there - unfortunately the last not - working entries are even larger (4+)
the border is between two cloned entries, wich are except the texture and used tbit the same.
Single Placement works with everything though...

Some other question regarding map editor:
If i set the Nav? to true with a "Y" (without those ") then no texture will be rendered, if i remove that flag , then it will be rendered.
Would it be possible to also render "naval" tiles with textures (if any are set) ?
In the original .terx file there are no texture entries so that should make another issue (me thinks).
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

That is pretty weird. I don't know enough in details about that to give you a proper answer. I will talk to Balthagor and see if he has any ideas what's going on with that.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Regarding the fill, I'm not sure we'll be able to fix that. Ceagan was able to reproduce this, but I tried your suggestion (near Kumba) and was able to turn a bunch of African jungle into coast.
evildari wrote: May 05 2020 Some other question regarding map editor:
If i set the Nav? to true with a "Y" (without those ") then no texture will be rendered, if i remove that flag , then it will be rendered.
Would it be possible to also render "naval" tiles with textures (if any are set) ?
In the original .terx file there are no texture entries so that should make another issue (me thinks).
That's more a question about the terrain file I guess?
Not sure about the Nav? variable, it's been about 8 years since I had to use it. Same with the settings that make terrain tiles use a mesh + texture. Sorry, I'd have to do a lot of digging to get familiar again. I'd say give it a try and see what you get.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: May 06 2020
evildari wrote: May 05 2020 Some other question regarding map editor:
That's more a question about the terrain file I guess?
Not sure about the Nav? variable, it's been about 8 years since I had to use it. Same with the settings that make terrain tiles use a mesh + texture. Sorry, I'd have to do a lot of digging to get familiar again. I'd say give it a try and see what you get.
its how the .terx definition works in the editor (game)
just changing that Nav? flag to yes does not display the mesh/texture, removing that flag then it shows the mesh/texture.
I just wanted to have a terrain with that flag, so it can only traversed by an at least amphibious unit / using a bridge like structure.
I guess it is maybe a hardcoded feature from early days (in the sense of : "water is blue, no need to have a texture!" :-) )
So my question is could the game changed that naval tiles (as defined in the .terx file) also display a mesh/texture if there is one defined?
my mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

evildari wrote: May 06 2020 ...So my question is could the game changed that naval tiles (as defined in the .terx file) also display a mesh/texture if there is one defined?
Not for this update, and this is the last update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
lacer1111
Sergeant

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.3

Post by lacer1111 »

I'm using a Mac. I went to steam properties/local files/verify game files. However when I go into the game it's showing a changelog from last years update. I have no new changes
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.3

Post by Balthagor »

lacer1111 wrote: May 21 2020 I'm using a Mac. I went to steam properties/local files/verify game files. However when I go into the game it's showing a changelog from last years update. I have no new changes
I brought this up again with our programming team. Despite our efforts, we've still been unable to get over the technical hurdles of creating updates for SRU on Mac. The last few updates have been on the PC side only.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.3 and 9.2.4

Post by evildari »

V9.2.3+V9.2.4:
Land Unit(s) outside supplied hexes gets automagically supplied (at least with fuel) - is this intended behaviour ?
Found this while modding (its huge tank got refiled so fast while moving over 40000km in unsupplied areas that its supply level never went down to even 99%)
- but also applies to some poor russian motorized units in the siberian wilderness - or in this case lucky one - although not as fast as with my modded unit.
my mods
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.2.3 and 9.2.4

Post by Rosalis »

You can do the same with transport helis on ocean if they have big fuel capacity like Yak-60. The trick is to give them orders within their range, Then they refuell after reaching 80%.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Ver. Changelog 9.2.5 Inauguration Bonus Map Update

Post by Balthagor »

Questions asked elsewhere;

- Are there plans for more updates?
No, but there wasn't a plan for this update...

- Any engine changes?
No, just content with this one.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote: Mar 31 2020
[*] Added leader pics for Kamala Harris (Kamala for modders)
or to save yourself the work when the oldest elected president kicks the bucket..either due to age or Kamala pushing him down and him breaking a hip :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
macgregor
Corporal

Post by macgregor »

This game is so close to being my game. It still needs informative NATO counters, an easier way to group the units, and an effective way of automating all the details offered that NO world leader would have to handle personally without informed consent. If hoi4 is it's only competition, it compares relatively well. A new game will easily render both games obsolete. I hope a new version is being developed.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”