The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

Post by Rosalis »

Zuikaku wrote: Mar 06 2020
Rosalis wrote: Mar 06 2020 And thats why older scenarios make small to medium 2020 regions weak. Solution forget about older scenarios and like mentioned before go atleast 10 years into the future. Time for a good reflection of the world like in SR2020. But your not telling me if Russia wanted, China would have long developed the weapons you refer to. What do you think will happen if US declare war on China?
Then we all die.

One of the problem is that AI never shares techs with it's allies.
Techs and units, but gifting/selling units should be balanced. Russia, China and US should be the biggest suppliers. They should be able to handle it, if they got the reserves. And that bring us to next problem. US is rich and hardly got reserves, while Russia and China are in constant state of war. One of the biggest exporters of units in SRU is Israel, because they dont got the money in most games to maintain their expensive units. Totally opposite of whats happening.

So the proposition of older techs being easily researched, is better then what we have now. What you get now is few western countries buying old Russian equipment and as a result improve relations, one of the many reasons why everyone join blue sphere or remain isolated to everyone else. While they should be loyal to Russia.
whismerhill
Sergeant

Post by whismerhill »

Soooo

I'm not really sure about what the community wants to be honest

What I think SRU needs is a remastered version of it
- keep the scenarios and stuff
- upgrade engine changes to support multithreading better
- improve AI
- deepen & simplify diplomacy
- add new ways to change political outcomes of your country & other countries (spies ?)
- add region meetings as well where AIs and players would vote on stuff (coalitions, G7, Europe .... )

look at what's happening, an AMD ryzen 9 3950x has 16 cores 32 threads in a single CPU .... and its single threaded power is nearly on par with intel
for less than 500$ you can get an 8 core CPU as well whether intel or AMD

SRU needs to exploit that kind of power imho, this would go a long way into making SRU way more viable long term

however I realize it's probably too big of a project so... maybe after Galactic Ruler ?
heck I'd hope these engine improvements make it into GR
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

- keep scenario compatibility to save the work
- keep unit database compatibility in order to save development time and save massive amount of work and research already being done.
- introduce trade embarghos
- free trade now generate daily profit based on market size (based on population and GDP)
- arming opposition now can really spawn rebels
- false flag operations
- critical hits on ships - instant kills
- ability to upgrade veteran units to any domesticaly produced or bought through unit trade unit of the same type (Tiger II unit can upgrade to Leopard I or T-62 if they are available in reserve pool) for the loss of some experience.
- AI which knows to build all sorts of missiles, not just the ones with nuclear warheads
- AI which knows better then just annexing
- possibility to change government to any type (when releasing/liberating contry)
- new government type - theocracy
- ability to research and conduct clandestine projects
- breaking up capital ship class into separate battleship and cruiser classes
- new unit classes - radars, transport helicopters, oilers, drones, combat drones, ICBMS, ballistic missiles, cruise missiles...
- possibility of hex loyalty change under certain conditions
- AI offering peace when defeated, losing territories, most army destroyed...
-rework of espionage system
-rework of diplomacy
-introduction of UN and UNSC
-unit weighting considers stealth value
- AI buildin wider variety of units if their weightinga are very close
- units more likely to surrender when unsupplied, unsupllied units have to lose morale and organization
- AI not building excessive research centers or unit build capacities
- more realistic weather patterns
- longer buildsequences
Last edited by Zuikaku on Mar 07 2020, edited 3 times in total.
Please teach AI everything!
scougys
Warrant Officer

Post by scougys »

War Treaty system like a Hoi4

taken anything from lose contry ex) "OOO Treaty" -> taken territory, industry, weapon, tech
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

milivoje02 wrote: Mar 06 2020 More agesive USA and the introduction of its bases around the world that are currently present. Tradeing teritory by map hex cordinate would be a great option. Division of mineral resources,lithium and titanium are important for new technologies.
And technologies which were before 2000 to be easily researched because they are already largely outdated and transcended.
Example: Modern Aircraft 2 is need 3 ears to devolop and its is a 1991 ear tehnology,Future Combat Aircraft from 2012 ear is need 1 ear to devolop. So technologies that are currently over 30 years old should be more easily to devolop because they are 30 years old and they are no secret.
Tell that to the Chinese who struggle to develop jet engine technology 30-40 years old or the Indians who struggle (rather unsuccessfully) with '80s era aircraft and/or tank tech :D
It turns out to be easier to explore Pasher tehnoly technology which no one has than technology from 90 80,it's just not logical. it would be like that it's easier to go to Mars than to sail the Atlantic again...
Generly 80% of world wepons are for 80s era. And they are upgradess,like endles upgrade of T 72,Leopard,Challenger,Abrams,F 16,Mig 29...
On wich exact plane do you mean when Cina is in question? They finished J 20... They also produce Soviet aircraft models under their own license and name.
I don't like to treat a nation pessuristically,
each country has its own industrial and technological strategy and should be looked at from its perspective.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

milivoje02 wrote: Mar 07 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Mar 06 2020 More agesive USA and the introduction of its bases around the world that are currently present. Tradeing teritory by map hex cordinate would be a great option. Division of mineral resources,lithium and titanium are important for new technologies.
And technologies which were before 2000 to be easily researched because they are already largely outdated and transcended.
Example: Modern Aircraft 2 is need 3 ears to devolop and its is a 1991 ear tehnology,Future Combat Aircraft from 2012 ear is need 1 ear to devolop. So technologies that are currently over 30 years old should be more easily to devolop because they are 30 years old and they are no secret.
Tell that to the Chinese who struggle to develop jet engine technology 30-40 years old or the Indians who struggle (rather unsuccessfully) with '80s era aircraft and/or tank tech :D
It turns out to be easier to explore Pasher tehnoly technology which no one has than technology from 90 80,it's just not logical. it would be like that it's easier to go to Mars than to sail the Atlantic again...
Generly 80% of world wepons are for 80s era. And they are upgradess,like endles upgrade of T 72,Leopard,Challenger,Abrams,F 16,Mig 29...
On wich exact plane do you mean when Cina is in question? They finished J 20... They also produce Soviet aircraft models under their own license and name.
each country has its own industrial and technological strategy and should be looked at from its perspective.
Not the plane itself, but the technology of making durable rotor blades is something chinese still struggle with. and as the conequence their engines are not reliable or can develop amounts of thrust needed.
Please teach AI everything!
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Zuikaku wrote: Mar 07 2020
milivoje02 wrote: Mar 07 2020

Not the plane itself, but the technology of making durable rotor blades is something chinese still struggle with. and as the conequence their engines are not reliable or can develop amounts of thrust needed.
Maybe those technologies could be divided into a set of technologies. F 18 replacement for f 14. Now f 35 is replacement fo f 18(they are also trying to replace the harrier with it) but again he has problems with range and speed.
It was the same situacion with mig 25 and uprgrade to mig 31...
Technologies should be divided by era,Cold War technologies they should not have the same time span for development in the 21st century(now). Tehnology from word war 2 in 21st sentury have all been discovered
They should be discovered from the beginning in a modern scenario.
Then one big question:
Why I was researching technology if I couldn't research a unit of that technology?
Last edited by milivoje02 on Mar 07 2020, edited 4 times in total.
DeadGargoyle
Corporal

Post by DeadGargoyle »

I know it's not "technically" mined but, I'd like to see aluminum get added to resources for building airplanes and Jets and such
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Zuikaku mentioned it in SRGR but im surprised no one mentioning gold. This could be a very important resource.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

And fishing industies? Fish have a 32% of word food market.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Oh yeah fishing definetely give tensions.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Game map have some agriculture spots in see,but they can not bee activate.
Option to start as a partizan in country and rise a rebellion.
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

Provide access and create API for mods to CRUD any object, state, action, interaction, map, calculation, scenario, etc. Be extensible like Rimworld or X3 (Egosoft). Will improve your engine and let modders to append game content.
Maybe writing mods on c++ is too complicated, lua or something similar is too slow, but c# or java .dll is middle ground.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

George Geczy wrote: Mar 06 2020
Zuikaku wrote: Mar 06 2020 If I can ask, what are the possibilities for development of the new engined SR at this moment? Close to none, low, medium, high or certain?
and in what timeframe (ETA)?
At this stage now I can say that our plans our "certain". Player reception for the idea has been pretty positive, and so we're now making plans to allocate the resources to move forward. We expect to bring on some people in May who will be working exclusively on SR-NextGen development.

The largest "unknowns" are:
- the method of funding development, although we seem to be leaning towards making it a new stand-alone project
- what features are priorities for our players and potential players, and we are feverishly (but not corona-virus feverishly) making notes on what people are requesting (on top of what everyone has asked for in the past).

A stand-alone SRNextGen (as opposed to DLC) allows us to ignore compatibility and drive forward some significant engine changes, including 64 bit support and expanded data structures to support things that are impossible in the current engine.

-- George.
I'm all for whole new title, new engine, 64bit, etc. And improved modding support ofc. I'd pay for it for sure.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

milivoje02 wrote: Mar 07 2020 And fishing industies? Fish have a 32% of word food market.
maybe I wrong, but I think....this is possible even now, just add it to the database. Now we have "agriculture" and "hydroponic". We can add "fishing", "farms" and more ...
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”