The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

milivoje02
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Future of Supreme Ruler Development / SR Next Generation

Post by milivoje02 »

That submarine when i first saw,it was a half zoomed map. And the first thing I thought was a dead pixel :lol: :lol: It's a little tricky to notice her in combat.
In the first picture is an English destroyer, it can be noticed when the screen is magnified. I assumed it would take a lot of work, since almost 50 % of WWI and WWII units are micro variants,when it comes to the Navy.
Da_General420
Corporal

Post by Da_General420 »

What I would love to see is the ability to change AI stance and/or difficulty while in game. Sometimes I like to do a play through with a nation following a storymode I've created. I like to build my strength overtime and act as a proxy for my allies.

It would be great if there was an update/mod that allowed me to for example change military difficulty to hard while in year 5 of my game. Or a feature that would allow me to change AI stance or world volatility to aggressive/high while ingame.

This would allow countries to build strength over time and then have all hell breaks loose whenever the player wanted. I really hope this is possible or something that Devs would consider.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

CTRL+SHIFT+S

you can change what you propose except ai stance, would be nice to change that.
Da_General420
Corporal

Post by Da_General420 »

Rosalis wrote: Apr 22 2020 CTRL+SHIFT+S

you can change what you propose except ai stance, would be nice to change that.
Thank you so much!! I had no idea you could do that in game. Two more things..

1. Is there a way to get stagnant units off of your territory? Every time I conquer a nation there are loads of AI units on my territory that just sit there and do nothing. Example: I conquered both Koreas as China and there are dozens upon dozens of units from random African countries that now just sit on my territory(Korean peninsula). The nations hate me so they would never agree to transit treaty so their units can move. Is there any way around this? Very annoying especially when trying to organize my own troops.

2. Is there a way to have your cruise missiles target just facilities/towns if there are enemy units in the hex? I want to destroy vital enemy facilities airbases barracks etc. but if there are enemy units in the hex and I click fire missile it only give me the option to target an enemy unit. This is troublesome when your cruise missiles have high building damage but low soft/hard target damage and leads to me wasting them when they target the units instead of the facilities.

Thanks so much for the response again and I know my two questions above are off-topic but this post seems to be very active so I thought I would again get a quick response.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

1] reload your save, my experience is that they magicly dissapear.

2] many people reported this, targeting individual facilities was feature in SR2020.

So your questions are fine here. If anything i rather get the missing features from SR2020, if i can make a quote from 2014 "all features from SR2020 will be add in SRU eventually"
Da_General420
Corporal

Post by Da_General420 »

Rosalis wrote: Apr 24 2020 1] reload your save, my experience is that they magicly dissapear.

2] many people reported this, targeting individual facilities was feature in SR2020.

So your questions are fine here. If anything i rather get the missing features from SR2020, if i can make a quote from 2014 "all features from SR2020 will be add in SRU eventually"
Interesting that it was a feature of SR2020 but not SRU. That is strange.

I saved and then loaded the save and still have all those random units in all of my conquered territories. I have zero relationship with any of these countries that have units on my land. They are obscure and irrelevant but stacks and stacks of them are very frustrating! Any other suggestions to resolve this?

Thank you again for your help.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Maybe you should make issue topic about it. I think its never reported by someone. Not that devs continue suport, but oh well atleast they know about it.

1. move your save game to multiplayer (save game folder)
2. load a random region in multiplayer, wait till the day has passed (or 2 to make sure) and save.
3. With the new save load your own region in multiplayer, units should be gone, wait another day and save again
4. Move your multiplayer save to singleplayer.

This is how i play usually and reloading another region get rid of units that doesnt have transit rights. I just wans't sure you needed to do this in multiplayer. You play the beta version or not?

What's happening is in AI regions, the AI will move their units back to their own region after annexation, if they dont have transit rights. In a player region it doesn't apparently. In return your units can get stuck if you defend an ally and it surrenders. Kind of the same.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Apr 25 2020 ...Not that devs continue suport..
You're right, we've done nothing for the last 6 years...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Says the one that blame others of putting words in his mouth.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Fair enough, I'll speak plainly.

I'm tried of your attitude. Considering this your one and only warning. Insult the dev team, the people I work with, directly or indirectly once more and you'll no longer be welcome here. There is only one rule on this forum; be polite. You've danced along that line long enough, I've lost patience.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
scougys
Warrant Officer

Post by scougys »

Missile one by one lunche system(?)
Can it possible?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

The filters in the reserves would be much appreciated.

It would also be nice if the world market prices could swing a bit more and a bit quicker, it doesn't seem to be working particularly well at the moment as the price never seems to go up enough (over a year it went from $15 to $16). For example, in my current 36 sandbox the world is short of oil and military goods, and over a year, the price hadn't increased much which still leaves the world crippled. Ideally, the export price would increase which would then cause the price of oil to go up in countries which would then drop demand until an equilibrium is met. This would help the AI be capable of fighting more in that sandbox (they'd be able to produce military goods, make some money on goods etc.) (don't know if you want me to raise this as a bug for ultimate)

I think the production cost should be tied less to the world market price, at least for raw materials. If the price increased, then you could potentially make a lot of money on oil, it would help with the AI economically I think.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

SGTscuba wrote: Apr 27 2020 The filters in the reserves would be much appreciated.

It would also be nice if the world market prices could swing a bit more and a bit quicker, it doesn't seem to be working particularly well at the moment as the price never seems to go up enough (over a year it went from $15 to $16). For example, in my current 36 sandbox the world is short of oil and military goods, and over a year, the price hadn't increased much which still leaves the world crippled. Ideally, the export price would increase which would then cause the price of oil to go up in countries which would then drop demand until an equilibrium is met. This would help the AI be capable of fighting more in that sandbox (they'd be able to produce military goods, make some money on goods etc.) (don't know if you want me to raise this as a bug for ultimate)

I think the production cost should be tied less to the world market price, at least for raw materials. If the price increased, then you could potentially make a lot of money on oil, it would help with the AI economically I think.
+1
the "Law of Supply and Demand" should work better!
Con forza ed ardimento
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

scougys wrote: Apr 26 2020 Missile one by one lunche system(?)
Can it possible?
That would be nice like a fire all button and a fire 1 missle button

guess i'm not the only one that likes to micromanage :lol:
Rosalis wrote: Apr 25 2020 Not that devs continue support
Yeah like I know loads of 6-year-old games still getting regular patches don't you? oh no wait :roll:

The support for this game from the dev team has been outstanding.

{Minor edit by moderator, notified poster]
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 26 2020
Rosalis wrote: Apr 25 2020 ...Not that devs continue suport..
You're right, we've done nothing for the last 6 years...
What Rosalis wrote about is present/future support, which will officially cease. He did not talk about support up to now, which was stellar. He simply told a new user not to expect further support.
So basicaly you have warned him by a misinterpretation of his words. I would also note that he is one of the most senior players here and a very helpful person, too, which makes the whole situation a bit more unpleasant.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”