Honestly, I'm lost, I got no clue and it kills the fun -.-"

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

xsmilingbanditx
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Honestly, I'm lost, I got no clue and it kills the fun -.-"

Post by xsmilingbanditx »

And I got no clue because I lack the information, cannot find the information anywhere and the UI or the manual don't give me a ******* clue. I conquered China as Japan in 1938 and everyhing is just...effed up. I cannot produce Consumer goods because I cannot produce Industrial Goods that I cannot produce because I lack Oil.
I got like 200 Oil - Gas Fields and don't even produce 1M of Oil per day while my demand is above 2M per day (if I do not rack up the taxes) and about 1.5M is needed for civilian use! What the hell are those people doing with the Oil when the GDP/c is pummeling to 300 (for reasons I do not understand...). How should I ever get a working economy under that circumstances when even the USSR runs out of Oil and out of IG and CG? The USA seems to be the only country in the world exporting oil (and not even that is enough for me).

Seriously, I don't get it and I have no Idea what in the World I should do?? I was building Oilfields (about 100 and still going on...or trying to) and it just will never be enough before the whole world runs out of resources...Any hints? |O |O
My Supply and Infrastructure is good everywhere (about 70% and more). Is there any research? I mean at the 1949 Start China is producing 1.2M Oil with 21 Facilities?

edit:
I installed the UI mods hoping there might be some kind of information on it but uh...yeah nope...they are great for research and overview and stuff but won't help be with the actual problem :(
Doing the calculations, i would need about 420 (!) Oil Fields to meet the demands...Say what?
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Honestly, I'm lost, I got no clue and it kills the fun -.-"

Post by Rosalis »

It is kinda ****** reaction, but i told you so, and none argued to be different.

Ill leave devs to react to this. Its up to them to help Asian community further, instead of just listening to US and UK players requesting more units and modify them. I think Japan will have issues in CW with unit designs, but yeah its up to you. I told you 2020 Japan is good way to learn the game. The game was made for that period and other eras was mostly a copy paste with very little fixes to the feedback the community provided, especially in those regions where the game doesnt sell as good or the community isnt as active. There is way too much civ demand for that period, but if that wasnt in the game, regions would prolly loose too much money.

Ill give you a few pointers what you can do with your save game.

1. Did you put markup for oil too 200% sell price for your population?
2. You can consider colonising China. This will remove all demand from the Chinese people and everything they produce in excess of their demand will be transfered to you. If you need help in doing so let me know. Military complexes will be transfered to you (with starting option), so either keep this in mind, scrap and rebuild them in your region or just scrap them and see later.
3. Increase output on facilities in the market file and start a new save. (i can only help you modify the text files, modding tools prolly still give me errors)

There is no research that improved oil output. The world market file is just different in '49 sandbox, so facilities produce more. They tried to reflect shortages in WW2, but forget that most fighting was hand to hand combat or with knives, especially in Asia. There is also a game feature missing in the game. Killing civilians of regions you take over. You can do that before you annex tho. With artillery or strategic bombers (again bombers not effective in WW2). Just takes time.

In 2020 you got so much more, for example load special forces in heli's or transport planes and do strategic operations. Suposedly you can do this in WW2 some say, by splitting the special forces so they weight half, but yeah the micromanagement would just make me insane, and ofcourse half the strenth they wouldnt be as effective.
xsmilingbanditx
Sergeant

Good morning mate!

Your reaction is just human, don't bother ;-) To be honest I was kinda...cranky before going to bed and in a way deserved it and deserved that one :-)
You and everybody were very helpful. I just didn't realize that production values are found the the starting Scenario and do not scale. The whole point was me learning and well...I did. I'm bot saying I do get all the Interdependent stuff and Population behavior ans Migration Formula and the like. But I underdtand a Grand lot more of the game now (Japan was pretty good Rolling before I started conquering stuff ;-) ).
And another plus, I learned about scenario creation and map editing yesterday. While I think it would be really great to be able to play from WWI to 2050 just with adjustments and not totally going derpy, I know that's difficult to achieve without hard scripting and railroading. The true things I'm interested in are/would be WWII transition into the cold war and then the cold war.
So what I basically did yesterday (after finding that "Reworked" mod with all the shiny new models) was taking the 1949 Map and "redesigning" my conquerings for a, lets say "Japan Rising" Scenario where they conquered China and be done with it in WWII. And now are the third superpower between the other two.
Only thing I regret is that Korea won't happen :-p And I still gotta change my government type but I'm confident Ibwill find that too.
So I already learned about regions ans Region file editing and mal painting and so on ;-)
I tried a US 2020 Scenario and after doubling my Population the Oil demand was just...I don't remember exactly...60M/day? But that's not where my Heart is. I usually play Britain, Germany or Japan in those games (or some Country in the middle like Brazil).

I just still thought I was doing something wrong but after your post I am kind of sure...weil while propably doing something wrong it's not what I thought :-) I replayed the Scenario and do not see any solution as if yet that does not involve editing (or like you said, colonizing). But we mostly want to paint the map, don't we? xD

I really die not know there were "market files" that influenced production so...do you think I should keep those in mind when playing 1949 into the Future or will I be fine? Alas, dynamic Scaling or techs that improve production would be way cooler.

About editing savegames: I'd be glad to know how to do it, just in case. Is Notepad++ sufficient or do you need Tools? Meaning is it a readable file or a binary?

Edit: to anwser you about what I did about oil - basically all I could. Max taxation, setting the Minister to conserve, building like a maniac...no surprise the war just stales out (USA Kills Mexico in 1940 and the Rest of the world is at war but not moving anymore ^^).
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

You cant edit save games, you would need to make changes before starting the save. You can edit all the modding files in notepad. Just open the files. There are posts on this forum that can help you.

To put sell price for your population to the max, goto "resources", lock oil and under industry controls put 200% sell price. YOu dont want to use minister instructions doing this tho, cause that sometimes can override this.

Colonising a region, well there is a trick to it, or a step program, it's pretty hidden feature.
1 go to first tab "land"
2 In non loyal territory you see the old flag of that region, double click it
3 This will bring you to the 2nd tab "state" goto severe actions, release land, return as colony

Market file is in maps/data incase of WW2 '36 "SR1936.WMData". Which files are being used in which scenario, you can find in the .scenario file of that sandbox.

For CW i dont think you need to make changes. This was prolly made in mind that players want to play a long time, since CW was a long time. Dont expect to get the same economy as 2020 if you reach that year tho. Unit designs might be crappy for Japan, but you can always trade designs with your allies. Which kinda sucks, cause you will have to ally with either US or USSR. You basicly want to give them as much techs as possible so they can keep up with you. If you want to ally both i would suggest playing with sphere option off. I would prolly choose to help USSR (sphere) as those units are much cheaper then US units. Thats the only problem i faced playing CW. If your units are too expensive, you will soon run into problems. US can manage easily, so Japan should, but yeah its up to you.

If you need help annexing South korea or whatever to Japan, look in the modding section on the forum, and if you cant find what your looking for, just make a new topic. I know its there tho. Even made easier now you have starting option of making a cache.
xsmilingbanditx
Sergeant

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah well like I said I "modded" or lets say created my own "scenario" and it so far works...decent :) There are other problems to manage but so far it is very interesting (trying to get Burma declare on me :) ).
I'm trying to improve relations with the USSR but they seem to hate me with a passion. I realized that the game settings are...well tricky. Setting the AI on "Default" made the USSR declare on West Germany and the World go to hell in like a few months after the start. So I'm playing on defensive and Moderate Volatility. Seems to work so far. Trying to get the economy to self sufficiency and then..well then get rolling :)

Thanks for all your help and input (btw. not playing on very easy anymore hehe).
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yea starting options are a pain. Especially for new players. Set AI to agressive and whole world hate you from the start (except allies if they dont cancell you starting treaties when starting the game), but its fun cause they will take every opportunity to attack you and troops will be send from far, so US is actually involved. Basicly you cant have it all. Currently im playing on defensive AI, and i conquered the whole world, well currently busy annexing US as China, but playing defensive also means that regions dont really care about their allies, only if they are right next to them. Also no one attacked me, which is kinda boring and very unrealistic, if you see all the land i have. For longer games you prolly want this tho, with agressive basicly game is over after 4-5 years, cause either you failed, or you conguered/weakened all the threats. Unpredictable AI can also be fun since you dont really know what you can expect, but usually the stronger the AI the more aggressive it will be.

With CTRL+SHIFT+S you can edit volatility during the save. This can be helpfull, but leave it on none for too long and whole world will love eachother, and then there will never be conflict from the AI. It will basicly be you against the world.

1 more thing that actually never might been put in the manual (i never red it, cause i came from previous game and know how the engine works). is influence relations with regions. Right click on region, action against, suporting ruling party improve relations, Suport opposition worsen relations, but give you CB.

Also with starting options i use minimal penalties for military approval, else AI give up to fast. Conguering 1-2 cities, and killing some troops and all the troops that you come in contact with will be transfered to you. Just a warning cause some options you cant change during the save.

All of this can be changed with new patches, so dont take me accountable.

About China, North Korea and Russia declaring so many wars, i fixed that in my own mod, the problem is devs dont gave them alot of embassies, thats why they declare so much wars. I gave China over 100 embassies they have IRL, and now when i play other region they are just normal, rarely see war declarations from them.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Regarding the initial post - what are your unemployment levels? You can have 200 oil fields but if there is no work force to mann them, production will not rise. Mass building facilities is not going to give you instant rise of production (most of the time).

And we never know how much workforce production facilities need.
Please teach AI everything!
xsmilingbanditx
Sergeant

Sorry for the late reply...unemployment was at about 2%, sometimes 1.9% and the rising to 2.3% again.
Nevertheless I could not meet the demand, not even by a long shot which somewhat makes conquering China...redundant in the 1936 Scenario.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

So, there is your answer. You are out of workforce. Anything below 3% unemployment means that you are out of workforce and building new facilities might actually hurt your current production levels. Maybe you can try putting offline some facilities you don't really need.
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”