Treaty Effects

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Treaty Effects

Post by Clubfoot55 »

I apologize if I'm asking questions that have already been answered, but after many hours logged in SR I'm still not sure what exactly some of the treaties do.

Free flow of labor force seems to relate to the workforce but I'm not sure exactly how. Does it just equalize unemployment and GDP over time?

Free trade. In my current game, I am the largest oil exporter. I have good enough relations with all the biggest oil importers to get a free trade treaty. Would this be good or bad for my finances, and what effect does the treaty actually have?

Lastly, missile defense. This mostly seems to be a budget version of mutual defense? The AI is more willing to accept deals when I add this one (much like with mutual defense) yet it's never invoked. Does this mean I will only be called in if there is a nuclear strike?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Treaty Effects

Post by Balthagor »

Some of this has been discussed before, but I had to search pretty far back to find a thread;

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10478&hilit=treaty ... s&start=15

Interestingly enough, the design for those hasn't changed much since SR2020. I haven't reread the thread yet, I'll let others comment on their experiences and I may be back to this thread later.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Treaty Effects

Post by Rosalis »

Im not sure about consistency of that thread since economy is pretty broken in SRU, but all i know i gave China about 100 embassies they have IRL and they are pretty peacefull in my games now. I think main effects in SRU is maintaining relations. I dont use free work force much tho, maybe i used it for Russia to RP the North Korea work force, but im actually against it. In EU its one of the worst things in my opinion. I think i actually noticed once that relations got bad because of this treaty.

Missile defence and mutual defence get changed quite a bit intentionally or unintentionally with patches, especially in the naval borders. 9.1.140 it's working pretty well. With the missile treaty you are able to shoot down missiles in territory with the treaty, or alteast should be. With ups and downs it gets improved so i guess its ok aslong they keep suporting the game untill it works 100%. Its to complicated for me to make reports about it, and i think BG know what they are doing. Spotting, treaties between other ai regions, are some of the things that can make part of it break.
I noticed a couple of times for example regions outside any naval borders just sinking your fleet, without being at war with them, and you cant shoot back. Sometimes i even suspect regions not having a treaty with the region im attacking or defending. I think the ideal way would be that a region can only join 1 side of the war, and then its factions vs factions, and everyone else is out. I could give an example of a game who does this pretty good, but i know it isnt too popular arround here. Anyway i like that ai destroy all the treaties sometimes, should be both ways to prevent issues. I think this was done like 2-3 patches ago, could be a more aggressive if allies help enemies tho, but yeah i know calculations...

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”