Most Interesting Modern-Day Countries

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Most Interesting Modern-Day Countries

Post by sparky282 »

Over 1000 Hours now so you could say I've got my moneys worth :D

What games have people had that kept them interested more than they expected?

looking for Modern-day suggestions only really.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: Most Interesting Modern-Day Countries

Post by Rosalis »

4956 hrs, but honestly atleast 4k is from mods i made and prolly left the computer on a cpl of nights.

My most interesting games was with Iran and Netherlands, but Cuba was cool tho when i took out the US unit by unit with their suicide merchant marines. First 2 countries you cant really predict whats gonna happen and who you can rely on, besides you gonna be outnumbered at 1 point. I never lost a war in all those hrs tho. Too easy for player in my opinion. With Netherlands you want high world volatility or you can ally the whole world in 2-3 years.

I never played micro countries, i will fall asleep after teching them for 1-2 years. North Korea seems fun tho, altho i hate the fact that your screwed with future designs. Alot of those countries are to handicapped, you get to the point of just using Russian designs and then it feels like your playing an allien nation, where Russia got gangbanged and left a few hexes in Siberia and you control half the world with no future designs.

Lately i like to play the savier with a smaller red sphere country, i saved Russia with Syria, but then got backstabbed when Russia controlled alot of land. I kicked their asses but yeah game was done for me then. Guess i should have played with sphere on. When you do that tho, Syria will have trouble joining, infact you will need to declare war on blue nations for you to join, so strong is the blue sphere. Realistic? prolly but outcome is not as long Assad is ruler of Syria. Not to mention about a game must be balanced, now 5-6 (lost count) scenarios are not. Maybe it got adressed in this new patch, thought about reading they adjusted influence values in the CVP file, but i doubt it is in favour of red sphere.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Started a playtest as Isreal for a small mod that increased military production capabilities for egypt.
There was quite some discussion that egypt needs here and there more power - well it made egypt last several days longer - but i sticked to that game - conquered the world and played it way beyond a population of 30billions people with a single set of facilities in the long run.

Another notable game was with Slovenia in Europe, was on the very long way to an economic powerhouse as the brits invaded, they took almost all of my homeland before they surrendered due to war with several other regions - i inherited whole ireland just to see a german invasion several months later...
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I tried playing as Burkina Faso once, and to my shock, it was an absolute blast! I expanded along the entire Volta River, conquering my neighbors to the south, and a chunk of western Nigeria along the way. I also focused a lot on my economy, and by 2040 I had built the wealthiest, most powerful economy in all of Africa, in fact, I think I was competing with the US in terms of GDP per capita. During the late game I started invading chunks of South western Africa, such as the Congo, Angola, Namibia, etc. and setting up client states. First I'd colonize them, then build up their economies with a bunch of resources that I needed (like uranium or oil), then completely dismantle all military infrastructure in their country, and grant them independence. Afterwards I'd set up an alliance with them and start supporting them. I gradually expanded my military capabilities as well, until eventually I was conducting regular reconnaissance flights off the coast of Brazil. Finally, it got to the point where I wanted to be able to conduct recon flights in the Gulf of Mexico and station subs there, so I attacked Brazil to take some islands off the coast that I could use as a jumping off point to reach the Gulf of Mexico. After that I ravaged the Gulf and installed compliant regimes in Cuba, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, and Grenada. From there I was able to directly threaten the United States. I eventually got involved in a limited war with the US over Puerto Rico, which I took and turned into a satellite state. I used my bases throughout the Caribbean to bomb targets throughout the US, and to sink the US navy any time they tried to challenge me.

Another fun game I played was Paraguay. I built up my military as much as possible, then declared war on Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, and Uruguay simultaneously to try and march to the sea. That was a really fun game!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”