Next Update ... in progress

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Next Update ... in progress

Post by George Geczy »

Hi all... in light of the announcement of Galactic Ruler, I did want to mention that we're also still continuing to work on the next update for SRU.

GR development has allowed us to continue some work on the engine in general, changes which we can move back to SRU. The content editing/modding tools are a big outcome of that work, as were updates featured in our June 2019 update set.

We have some long awaited wish list items in store for the next update, which we are currently planning (hoping) to have out before the end of November. But don't quote me on that, I can edit this post if necessary.

As I've said many times before, thank you to everyone for the continued support.

-- George.
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Next Update ... in progress

Post by Zuikaku »

George Geczy wrote: Oct 18 2019

We have some long awaited wish list items in store for the next update
Something like....??? :wink:
Please teach AI everything!
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Wish list from you guys or from the community? In my latest save game i had to scrap 20 research centers in Venezuela loyalty hexes alone. All regions going bankrupt if they manage to take over other regions...
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Zuikaku wrote: Oct 18 2019
George Geczy wrote: Oct 18 2019

We have some long awaited wish list items in store for the next update
Something like....??? :wink:
Hoping here that a remove tech event will make it on the wishlist :p
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I'm mainly hoping for economic fixes given that (at least in the '36 sandbox), the economy can end up working really illogically. I don't mind production going down if I can see a logical reason for it (loss of factories, high employment etc), but in the last few games I have played (games that went into the 60's as a minimum). Its probably the only thing that annoys me and some things that link in with it.

I mean, I've doubled the number of factories in the world, gdp has been stable, unemployment has been stable, infrastructure spending has been stable, I've even researched techs to improve ratings and outputs and I've gone from have the capacity to produce ~80k industrial goods per day to 32k, 88k military goods to 21k. There is no logical reason behind total capacity falling, maybe I could understand people ramping production down to try and keep the price stable if there is too much available, but not losing the capacity itself. My oil production capacity seems to just be following demand, not mattering how much or little extra facilities I build. I've mentioned this on discord a few times and its been confirmed to be some sort of internal logic that controls this, as opposed to how I remember it used to work back in the 2020 days where there was no "magic" wand that changed these figures illogically. So hopefully this magic figure will end up disappearing as it has other effects (which usually end up hammering the AI) due to shortages that end up being created, and commodity prices that don't rise and fall logically with supply and demand.

I also cant get the treasury to go much beyond $10,000m when i'm not building, it always seems to home in on that number, no matter what I do, even if I cut back majorly or go and build 100 more missile fabs and spend $400m per day on units. Only if I go majorly overboard with building does it go down.

Anyway, enough with the ranting. Thank you for the continuing support and i'm looking forward to Galactic ruler!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I'm basicly always playing without ministers, till most enemy infantry and tank units are killed, last game i had whole us left to conquer after mobbing up South America, turned on full control, and suddenly i was making 20B extra revenue each day. It totally makes no sence. The approval rating could explain a bit of influx, but as soon i turned auto initiative off i lost the 20B gap and lost more and more money each day till i released a region. Guess you want to use that oil and MG for your troops since it makes money.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Yes. I always turn the ministers off as they seem to keep cutting until I get rebels everywhere.

I've nearly always played his way over the last 10 years so I cannot see what I'm doing wrong which is why I ended up asking.

Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

George Geczy wrote: Oct 18 2019 Hi all... in light of the announcement of Galactic Ruler, I did want to mention that we're also still continuing to work on the next update for SRU.

GR development has allowed us to continue some work on the engine in general, changes which we can move back to SRU. The content editing/modding tools are a big outcome of that work, as were updates featured in our June 2019 update set.

We have some long awaited wish list items in store for the next update, which we are currently planning (hoping) to have out before the end of November. But don't quote me on that, I can edit this post if necessary.

As I've said many times before, thank you to everyone for the continued support.

-- George.
Hi BG,

Please look into ticket number 22403 and see if it can be included in the update.

Thanks
MB
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We have looked at that task but we don't anticipate changes related to that in this update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

any chance to have some of the following issues mitigated in the update(s) before the game is out of support ?
1. any way to disable automatic production adjustments
2. correct calculation of treasury and / or ressource production
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

evildari wrote: Nov 02 2019 any chance to have some of the following issues mitigated in the update(s) before the game is out of support ?
1. any way to disable automatic production adjustments
2. correct calculation of treasury and / or ressource production
Yes, the automatic production adjustments are annoying (especially as it screws the AI over more than a player), and when questioned on discord, I think even the Goats couldn't come up with a decent reason for it.

#removethedamcap

Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

BG, please fix the World-2020 leader picture of the UK during the next update.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Fix how? How do we know who's going to win?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 07 2019 Fix how? How do we know who's going to win?
Change the PM to Boris Johnson, he is the PM now....like you did with all other nations in W2020....the consistent standard in SR is that the current leader represents the country's until they get replaced with a new leader. Trump is the US Leader, but who is to say he will win the next election. Same goes for all other nations as far as i can see.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Micheal Berg wrote: Nov 07 2019
Balthagor wrote: Nov 07 2019 Fix how? How do we know who's going to win?
Change the PM to Boris Johnson, he is the PM now....like you did with all other nations in W2020....the consistent standard in SR is that the current leader represents the country's until they get replaced with a new leader. Trump is the US Leader, but who is to say he will win the next election. Same goes for all other nations as far as i can see.
We are already looking at an event to make Theresa May get replaced with Boris Johnson when you play from 2017 or 2018, but for the 2020 map we won't make any changes until after the election results are in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”