User Question - limits on annex/colonize/liberate

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

User Question - limits on annex/colonize/liberate

Post by Balthagor »

I received a question by email this morning. I thought I would move the conversation here;
Hello!

Sorry to take up of your time. I read what I could find about the topic online, but did not really answer my issue.

To make it short, I started as Japan in 1936 scenario in the SR:Ultimate version. Invaded a little chunk of land between Shanghai and Taiwan early on to get a foothold. Then I proceeded to wrap up the heavy populated zone of Shanghai and I got the capital as well. I did push a little further south and west, but not so much, did not conquer the Beijing area.

I was confronted with Annex, Colonize and Liberate menu upon conquering the capital. But I was unable to choose Annex or Liberate, only Colonize.

I don't want to sound whacky, because your game is the ---ultimate--- war game ever made 😉 But I was wondering if there was a coding line I could adjust to have all 3 options available. I am a noob at modding etc... but I can figure things out quickly.

Thank you for your time, and keep on kicking ass with your games 🙂

Good day,
If you play in Campaign mode, there are restrictions based on the design of the campaign. Limits on Annex, Liberate or Colonize are examples of these limitations. If you play in Sandbox you should be allowed any of these choices.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
laurent-le-barbare

Re: User Question - limits on annex/colonize/liberate

Post by laurent-le-barbare »

hello! sorry about the email hehe..

so basically, I figured I had to avoid capturing the capital Nanjing and no more problem with that "forced" choice menu.

not sure if I'm allowed to post pictures, pretty sure it will fail...

how to invade China ;) ... blue is landing zone, then I accepted a peace deal, to build up military, about 60x mobile infantry, 30x T-28 I bought from USSR and 30x something of up-to-date artillery - didn't sack any units as I figured they would die in the fight against the endless garrisons of the Chinese.

yellow is the 2nd step - proceeded to lock up the Shanghai area and go around capital for a "siege" - I did the same with the Beijing zone, encircle capital and wait, while pushing south and west - in orange

the Chinese got american planes and other crap from Allies - I'm in the pact with Germany, friendly to Italy, cordial with a bunch of dictators - traded tons of technology to get up to date and for some hard currency.

also, before starting the big invasion, I bought like 200M barrels of oil from USSR and the USA for a crap price, but eh, gotta do what you gotta do ;)

sitting on 330M population, even with all the rebuilding and some expensive research, I'm in the positive cash flow, with social programs pretty decent - I might try pushing the cultural rating in the roof to get less rebelling (maybe it works XD)

https://imgur.com/a/Eg5wrLl
laurent-le-barbare

Re: User Question - limits on annex/colonize/liberate

Post by laurent-le-barbare »

bahaha this is re-post worthy

I ate up most of China all the way to Tibet, their pop dropped to 75 ish millions, mine was up to 450 ish millions I believe and I got the dreaded context menu to Annex-Colonise-Liberate

So I colonised... and immediatly went to click Annex Colony in the Severe actions menu [_]O

But.. problem, bug I would guess, is that it seems like I pocket-looted every peasant in China.

I have 221,112,330M cash all of the sudden. XDD

little brag about annihilating a continent in 1.5 years XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”