Campaign Settings

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

redindus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Campaign Settings

Post by redindus »

I am thinking about setting this 1936 scenario up to date like the ways thing should be. For example, Oil fields need to be set as historical places around in the Pacific. Some names are incorrect, etc. So I believe I can fix all this, but not sure how to fix the campaign, or simply stick with sandbox scenario? I wanted to set it up like it was in history as close as possible, but I cannot change the timeline when these event triggers, like Pearl Harbor, etc.

Not sure if anyone is interesting, but wanted to try out playing the Japanese first. So would like to know how to change the campaign settings, some are off or doesn't make any sense. Can someone help?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Campaign Settings

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

YoMomma wrote: May 21 2019 No info on mother of all files on the wiki.. the scenario file (this file should be explained in dept under "Modding Supreme Ruler"). This file links all the files together and got campaign settings. For events there is info on that, but yeah good luck.
I am currently working on an updated version of the Supreme Ruler - Content Editor, that should make modding the .SCENARIO files much easier. In the meantime the information available on the GamePedia may help, as mentioned it could benefit from some updating. I will try to fill in some information as the tool develops, so check the page for updates.
https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Scenario_Files
redindus
Warrant Officer

Post by redindus »

Thanks bassett, really could use one. Also noticed that there are Chinese Names for Japan Ministers, that isn't good. So I was hoping some day I can change all this into something feel more like Japan and the way things been going.

The sad parts about the game, supplies or resources, are automatically delivered, instead having them transported. Reality, resources like crude oils, ores, etc need to be shipping to Japan in order to continue her war efforts. So this is how Japan suffer in the first place by USN and allies submarines, by the time they did something about it, it was already too late. Lacking of Radar Techs was terrible blows for the Japanese back in WWII.

Anyway gonna try to put some efforts into this and hopefully I can make this more historical as possible.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”