Future units

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BillyBanzai
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Future units

Post by BillyBanzai »

Hey guys, I've been playing this sandbox campaign for a while now and I'm at the point were the AI is developing futuristic units. Since I'm not really a fan of sci-fi or hearing laser beam sounds all the time I was wondering if there is a way to remove certain units from the files of the game so the AI can't develop them anymore and sticks to conventional designs.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Future units

Post by YoMomma »

Sure, with the asset manager you can sort on unit year and delete those. Personally im more into deleting WW1 and WW2 units, but to each their own.
Gameplay 1st
BillyBanzai
Sergeant

Post by BillyBanzai »

I'll download it, thanks. :wink: Why would you want to remove ww1 and ww2 stuff though? When I play cold war sanboxes I usually just give those obsolete units to developing African allies just like a lot of them still use old stuff irl.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Mainly to improve game speed. All those units each have their own spotting range, speed, etc. Besides that i only play modern campaigns, yes some countries still have CW stuff and i keep the famous designs that are still somewhat usefull like KS19 AA. For the rest just gameplay reasons. After i destroyed Russia or US i really dont wanna face WW1 or WW2 units which do no damage at all. Besides that, to see a ship from WW1 in 2020 is somewhat weird to me, but luckily you wont see this because regions dont build naval production. So i just clean them up so next time i edit unit file i doesnt have to look at them.

I notised from another mod that if you reduce number of different units the game will run much smoother.
Gameplay 1st
BillyBanzai
Sergeant

Post by BillyBanzai »

Hmm... Could anyone tell me what exactly needs to be modified in Asset Manager in order to change the units? Modding SR is not as straightforward as modding GTA apparently. :|
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Uhh, whatever you want to change? It's pretty straightforward to me, but i learned myself modding when there wasnt even modding tools.

You know about the modding website?

There lots done to make modding easier, but what is still not there is an ABC guide on how to start and what each file is or ment for. I started a topic on this forum a few years back, but yeah they didnt stickied it, and i dont wanna really look it up.

If you just wanna delete those units, well sort on year available, delete those rows you wanna delete, export to file (always make backups in this game), then start game with option of making cache before starting game.
Gameplay 1st
Typhoon_SSN
Corporal

Post by Typhoon_SSN »

Following because I'm interested as well, I'd like to play with only "realistic" stuff, being no great fan of robots and lasers... even if my first RTS was Total Annihilation.
When it comes to WW1/2 dinosaurs, I always do the same thing, dump them in Africa, South America or something like that. They have stuff to play with and smack each other around, and I don't have my interface cluttered by ancient kit, it's a win-win!

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”