Impressions after playing 10 years in game

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: Impressions after playing 10 years in game

Post by SGTscuba »

Kristijonas wrote: Nov 05 2018
Sigma wrote: Nov 01 2018 I'm really hoping they eventually get around to adding the ability to release/create countries and rebellions, since that hurts replayability when you're trying to play a long game. :C
This is my no.1 concern as well, as I like to play really long games (10-50 years) and it usually becomes too static.

Perhaps certain scripts could be run to make countries release vassals or free states if their military/domestic approval is really low (or under other rare conditions)?

It would also be nice if smaller countries would be building more military goods and fabrication facilities as well. In certain scenarios some countries have 0 units (not sure if they traded the few they got off or what) and it quite breaks immersion. This was extremely apparent in my 1936 Lithuanian AAR for example:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23694
Latvia, Danzing and Estonia had absolute 0 of troops. I think they didn't have garrisons either. They probably had 0 fabrication as well or traded their units away? Anyhow, 0 shots fired when I annexed them.

I really like small countries giving a good fight. And small countries is what really makes the game fluid and dynamic, I strongly believe.
I think the economy could also do with sorting out to further this. The economy works illogically with regards production at the moment which doesn't help.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

Wars are over soon, but ISIS would be destroyed before you can touch your reserve tab if they didnt make those militia OP. But hey who doesnt remember the great army of Danzig :lol:
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

On the high volatility wars AI is just to crazy over declaring wars. Yes, I know what "high volatility" shoul'd mean but maybe this needs to be toned down. It is just tiresome to see new war declaration every day or two. In month or two time, everybody is at war. And also, please reconsider possibility of regions changing spheres after lost elections. This feature shoul'd work even on normal volatility settings.

Also I feel spies are overpowered now. Being attacked by spies every day or two. Got 7 security bureaus and they can catch only 1 in 10 spies. They are sabotaging all over the map and my economy is collapsing since I just can not fix everything they blow up! And their missions seems to be not so costly for AI. When I tried to retaliate via my own spies, they drained me of all the cash (2 billions) in less than a month. Good to see spies working, but they are just overpowered now in sabotage missions. Other missions seem not to have that high success probability.
Please teach AI everything!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Zuikaku wrote: Nov 16 2018 I chose "high volatility" and got high volatility 8O :o 8_
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Zuikaku wrote: Nov 16 2018 On the high volatility wars AI is just to crazy over declaring wars.
You can fine tune this. For my mod i add like 100 embassies that China has irl and now South Korea and Japan are declaring more wars then China in 2020.
Zuikaku wrote: Nov 16 2018 Also I feel spies are overpowered now. Being attacked by spies every day or two.
There is already reported bug that if you sabotage, everyone in return will sabotage you.
Gameplay 1st
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

YoMomma wrote: Nov 17 2018
Zuikaku wrote: Nov 16 2018 Also I feel spies are overpowered now. Being attacked by spies every day or two.
There is already reported bug that if you sabotage, everyone in return will sabotage you.
Aha, so this is why i have no problem with sabotages. I usually just scrap all intelligence centers and never use spies myself. I guess that's reason why i never see enemy spies do anything else but recon.

I did however test build some security centers and even 12 of them didn't show much difference in catching enemy spies over no security centers. They should be faaaaaar more effective to be useful and worth resources and time to build them.
Typhoon_SSN
Corporal

Post by Typhoon_SSN »

Okay, so that was not just my copy of the game doing this with sabotage! :lol: I love using that kind of dirty tricks in other games, but I had stopped using them in SRU because it always backfired terribly on me.
I'll try to download the latest updates as to see how naval warfare has improved (I last played SRU in 2016, got into it recently but on an old offline computer) and will give you more feedback, as an old timer.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Kristijonas wrote: Nov 16 2018
Zuikaku wrote: Nov 16 2018 I chose "high volatility" and got high volatility 8O :o 8_
Didn't cosen this because I wanted new war every day. What then happens on very high volatility?
Please teach AI everything!
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Zuikaku wrote: Nov 18 2018
Kristijonas wrote: Nov 16 2018
Didn't cosen this because I wanted new war every day. What then happens on very high volatility?
Insanity :D

Anyway, if somone wants a quick game with lots of wars i guess thats a setting to go (also set AI globally to aggressive). I usually play longer games with lots of wars so I go with medium or less volatility and aggressive AI. 20 years in game usually each continent gets controlled by one region.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”