Unit Experience - working as intended?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Unit Experience - working as intended?

Post by Leafgreen »

I had an enemy artillery popping out of a barracks, I would hit it with multi-role fighters but the wimps could not kill it. It would repair for a few days, pop out, get hit, repair, repeat repeat repeat. I watched it gain a silver and then a bronze star this way, not from doing any killing but just by being in combat.

I've read that repairing actually lowers the experience gained, and although not looking at it - isn't xp just based on kills?
Last edited by Leafgreen on Jul 13 2018, edited 1 time in total.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Experience - working as intended?

Post by YoMomma »

Im pretty sure you red it wrong. I said they will get most xp by getting hurt and then repairing, either in barrack or over time. This was confirmed by someone else. Ofcourse killing stuff also helps. Thats how these large blob regions get alot of units (basicly just tanks and infantry) with high xp. Not unit kills just getting hurt and repairing.

I dont care if it is working as intended. Repairing facilities shouldnt be working as intended, that's a much bigger issue, or other issues for the AI, or garrisons not fighting back.

I think there is more to it tho, i think its also ammount of ammunition being fired but im not sure. I just dont know how to explain capital ships getting xp else while bombarding cities, cause i doubt they will ever kill a garrison with 1 ship.

It all makes sense, game needs triggers to simulate battle experience, and if it was just unit kills, only player would have experienced units in their whole army, and that's basicly the way it goes now, besides the super blobs. I yet have to see an experienced AI airforce, most powerfull force in game.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”