AI credit explained?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

AI credit explained?

Post by Leafgreen »

Is credit all based on GDP/c for the AI?

I've noticed in multiple games that Canada, US can't go bankrupt - they just take out more and more loans until they own trillions.

Also noticed that I can bankrupt Japan easily by turning off electricity trades. I am guessing they run out of coal/petroleum/uranium to make power, can't produce consumer goods, DAR drops, GDP/c drops, loan amount/day drops, and they can't take out enough in loans to keep them in cash. Just guessing.

Not quite sure why some countries will seem to never ever go bankrupt, and some do.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
George Geczy
General

Re: AI credit explained?

Post by George Geczy »

Leafgreen wrote: Jun 27 2018 Is credit all based on GDP/c for the AI?
Credit ratings are generally set at the start based on real world stats, beyond that they are based on many factors including GDP/c and economic factors.
I've noticed in multiple games that Canada, US can't go bankrupt - they just take out more and more loans until they own trillions.
Pretty sure that's how the world works :)
Also noticed that I can bankrupt Japan easily by turning off electricity trades. I am guessing they run out of coal/petroleum/uranium to make power, can't produce consumer goods, DAR drops, GDP/c drops, loan amount/day drops, and they can't take out enough in loans to keep them in cash. Just guessing.
Unfortunately some major imbalances (such as severe shortage of electricity) is very hard for the AI to resolve, those are difficult in-game situations.

-- George.
Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Post by Nerei »

Electricity in general feels pretty broken in 2017/2020. It has been a bit since I last looked but if memory serves me right the most extreme case is the PRC which is something like 1.3TWh short (or around 400 large nuclear power plants in perfect supply).
Really a lot of countries in 2020 just dies with electricity trade turned off.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Thanks for the explanation.

I would go with electricity sales if you could only sell to bordering countries.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”