AI building unit production

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

AI building unit production

Post by Leafgreen »

Played quite a few games and used to the AI rebuilding unit production, and a slooow buildup otherwise (but not always).

Just played a game of sandbox 1936 and saw China - not taking any land at all - go up to 132 land production by 1945. Never seen that before and I LOVED it. Suddenly there was a threat change in the world and I had to change all my timetables.

Does this only happen in 1936 games? Was it only me, and a bugged game? I'd love to be able to have an option to turn that on for aggressive countries in other scenarios.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: AI building unit production

Post by Zuikaku »

Well, at the first glance that seems nice, but the problem is AI don't know to stop. Either building units or land/air/sea fabrications.
Please teach AI everything!
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Ah, but I see that as an actual challenge. I can punk any nation now, but if they have 10x my troops they can at least envelop and go around my forces while keeping mine tied down if nothing else, no matter how good mine are. And it adds some urgency to when you need to attack your targets, so I don't have 10 years to turtle up and become OP.

I realize it's just my opinion, but I likey likey.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I definitely like it too, though Zuikaku definitely does have a point. The AI can do with some improvements in the whole trade/scrap old units issue to keep themselves at a reasonable number that they can actually afford. As to the actual feature, it is an older one and has actually been around for a good long while. There have been changes to it over the years, but nothing too drastic. I know it's tied to economic power for one, so the stronger their economy, the more they will tend to build. Obviously tied into other areas such as aggression and things of that nature, but it's a big part of it. If worldwide economies aren't improving enough, you won't tend to notice very many new ones built. China's economy must have seen some major gains in those 10 years for you. To be fair, that's not hard with such a massive base population and equally massive population growth. Even a small GDP increase equals the combined GDP of some nations. lol.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

They will never scrap so it's basicly a suicide move by the AI in the long run. And because they have so much they invade countries, which are building more fabrications, because at war. Just having the fabrications doesnt really hurt if your big, but producing units non stop (because at war all the time), that might give problems because we all know the famous training drills around the map. Play with and without full initiative and compare petrol and MG consumption..
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

YoMomma wrote: Jun 28 2018 They will never scrap so it's basicly a suicide move by the AI in the long run. And because they have so much they invade countries, which are building more fabrications, because at war. Just having the fabrications doesnt really hurt if your big, but producing units non stop (because at war all the time), that might give problems because we all know the famous training drills around the map. Play with and without full initiative and compare petrol and MG consumption..
depends - if the enemies ammo cost expenditure is higher than your costs of that unit that was destroyed.. then its an economic win for that small part
The losses will be usually replaced by higher tech units (if available)
So i would send in those mig21 to soak up missiles which are probably more expensive than ye olde fishbed.
In game terms you can use that to reduce enemy combat time with your "blob of expendables" then move with your "blob of shiny new toys" to get them much needed experience. If your lucky, your blob of expendables may even win. As someone said quantity is a type of quality or similar.

In short i like that heavy production by the computer player
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yeah quantity mathers, but besides tanks and infantry i dont see much from the AI. Especially when they become huge. Seem to have a hard time to figure out where to send troops then. Atleast air force. I was thinking of making airfields 14 like in your mod (and in SR2020).
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”