SRU Economic Model Changes

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: SRU Economic Model Changes

Post by YoMomma »

Also watch your demand. It's really strange demand going down cause of building facilities.. Not really user friendly is it? Let alone for new users to this game or those thousands coming from SR2020.

You can see this easily happen with Chinese agriculture. They need couple of hundred, but instead of production going up, demand is going down. No new agriculture techs involved during the process.
Gameplay 1st
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

YoMomma wrote: Oct 14 2018 Also watch your demand. It's really strange demand going down cause of building facilities.. Not really user friendly is it? Let alone for new users to this game or those thousands coming from SR2020.

You can see this easily happen with Chinese agriculture. They need couple of hundred, but instead of production going up, demand is going down. No new agriculture techs involved during the process.
^this. I miss the old economic model because at least I could follow it. The current one seems to be counter logical.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
rlame
Sergeant

Post by rlame »

Is there any plans to further tweak economy?
Sandboxes before 1949 seem to all run out of oil no matter what you do and one has to build way too much industry anyway since they produce so little.
Sandboxes after year 1949 usually can satisfy market demands, but you need to add plenty more oil wells in 10 years just to sustain same production amount that you started with.
So you end up wasting most of your profits from production to build more production and this saddens me.
At current state economy does not feel satisfying at all can we make economy great again?
rlame
Sergeant

Post by rlame »

For me this economic model change completely killed the game.
I have been only playing few hours in past two years.
RIP supreme ruler ultimate, we had some good times.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

rlame wrote: Dec 22 2021 For me this economic model change completely killed the game.
I have been only playing few hours in past two years.
RIP supreme ruler ultimate, we had some good times.
Noted, flagged this thread for review during SRNG development.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Curious if he means SRU or confused with SR2020 gold. SRU modern economy was just broken with everyone going bankrupt in the beginning.

With minimal budget/changes to completely overhaul the economy. Production and demand should have a bigger impact instead of inflation. If i scrap half the world industries and release all the regions, ai cant buy CG despite having plenty of money (to build research centers), so why 1. price doesnt change with low market availability, 2. ai only build research centers. If 1 was implemented you could effectively destroy a developed country with huge emmigration. Plenty of examples in rl.

Also someone with great attention for detail to balance the maps and economy. If you see how industrialised China is in earlier scenarios and how much it lacks in modern scenarios, thats just shocking. Got nothing to do with representing the economies of that time. In my opinion SR2020 gold excelled in that expect. 0 production facilities represent something fake right? Thousands of 0 production facilities, well your getting clooser to the GPS series i guess.
You shouldnt have to balance the maps like that if production and demand played a bigger role. Every descision counts (is it worth it or is a more controversial aproach better), every facility counts, every deployed tank counts and every new person, born or imigrated counts. Maybe not daily, but enough. And i dont mean world going to a complete stop because of MG, there are plenty of other tools to accomplish your mission. Maybe not as effective, but humans can do alot of things.

Then for further changes i guess some more budget is needed. Like a better representaion of treasury and budget. When i make minor adjustments, the budgets shouldnt change billions of dollars from one day to the other. Also trading heavily affects your economy, so unless you can handle the inflation balance it causes, your better of not trading at all. I think this is very weird concept of trading. Importing as rich country should be more viable instead of everyone reaching their demand creating overproduction (like beginning of SRU). Price adjustments and knowing when and where your making a profit are pretty essential in trading. Exporting well maybe stock can be taken into account. Own country first.
Some minor tweaks would also be very cool for the ai. So that it can better read what is going on, but i guess we are a long way from that. This shouldnt be at the end of development tho, but along the way. Economy and ai descisions can always be improved and see how it will make things different.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I'd like to add that prices should be able to flow much more. If shortages are really present, then prices should increase rather quickly until they reach a limbo point where demand is dropped enough to match supply. The production price should also be more disconnected, so in those cases you would make a lot more profit if you can create shortages.

Its really noticeable in SRU, the economy really struggles and GDP never seems to grow from a '36 start.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Thats the principals of production and demand, yes. There is a reason i didnt use the American aproach of suply and demand.

Bankers are very good in creating demand. Maybe BG shouldnt work with GPS but with the maker(s) of evil bank manager :evil:

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”