Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.49 - Rail Transport!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.49 - Rail Transport!

Post by George Geczy »

BattleGoat is pleased to release a new update for Supreme Ruler Ultimate - featuring Rail Transport!

New features and changes in Version 9.1.49:
  • RAIL TRANSPORT added
  • - Units will use Rail Transport when available
  • - Subject to Game Setting and Defense Dept ROE
  • - Rail transport is constant speed, no fuel use, no eff/morale penalty
  • Rail efficiency increased in supply model
  • Updated Colombian Leader
  • Some Equipment list updates
  • Adjusted starting World Volatility to Low in WWII Campaigns
  • Fixes to Campaign Lobby list
  • SRU - New Scenario Added - "Battle of Russia"
  • SRGW DLC - New Scenario Added "Brinkmanship"

We hope that you enjoy the new features and content in this update!

-- The BattleGoat Team
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog 9.1.49 - Rail Transport!

Post by GIJoe597 »

Thank you for getting rail use in.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Wow you guys are great! Is it the last update of the "season" or do you plan on continuing working on the game(s) for longer now?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Awesome. I'm looking to start up a new game in the brinkmanship scenario to see how the new rail changes and road building events work out. Considering the new rail changes and how they'll improve unit movement and supply, is there any chance for them to get the same events that roads got to ensure more are built?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It could be done, but it's a notable amount of work. I'd like some feedback on the road events first.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Kristijonas wrote: Jun 19 2018 Wow you guys are great! Is it the last update of the "season" or do you plan on continuing working on the game(s) for longer now?
Rail is the last single big ticket item for the "season", but we are still working on engine updates, and you'll see more updates over the next couple of months. There's also some new content being worked on. And as long as leaders keep losing elections, we'll have to keep updating the future! (Angela Merkel, we're keeping our eye on you...)
way2co0l wrote: Jun 19 2018 Considering the new rail changes and how they'll improve unit movement and supply, is there any chance for them to get the same events that roads got to ensure more are built?
The thing about rail networks is that most of the big ones got built early in the 20th century, so from a historical perspective there hasn't been a lot of significant new rail lines built that we would need to add in to the game. If there is any really significant exception we could look at adding that as events, but right now we don't have this planned.

-- George.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah, that's fair for both points. I was mostly thinking in terms of units getting stuck out of supply and how rail would be an efficient gameplay option rather than as an actual historical reality. The AI always was really bad at expanding their supply networks (which creates a whole bunch of issues I've mentioned before) but it's most notable in certain theaters such as the Chinese Indian wars. It's less of an issue in earlier years with leg infantry being able to move (if not actually fight) in those areas, but the AI has a tendency to send their entire forces there to die. I've found that India typically wins out in those fights in later scenarios, but mostly because they're closer to their actual supply lines so once the Chinese push them back a little bit, the entire Chinese army is now left without supply with a relatively well supplied Indian army there to destroy them and then move in unopposed. I mean, that's probably a realistic reality for an army that puts itself in that situation. The problem is how eager the AI is to do exactly that which I don't think any real world power would be as prone to do. Spreading supply out further and trying to limit the AI to supplied hexes would both probably help. I haven't yet played the new updates so it's possible that new changes have had an effect on this issue, but I'm guessing that it probably isn't much of one.

Edit: As for the road events. I haven't looked into them yet, but I'm going to be keeping an eye on them to see what I can. I'm not entirely sure how much was added or how it'll work, but I'll be keeping an eye at least. :)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

So I seem to be having an issue with my Brinkmanship scenario that's been reported elsewhere. The names of several nations are wrong. Namely Russia is listed as the Soviet Union and Great Britain is listed as the United Kingdom. It's possible there are others, but those were the 2 I spotted immediately. They are both listed correctly in the normal 1914 sandbox, but are incorrect in the brinkmanship version. I'm reporting it here despite seeing it reported in other areas primarily because I saw a reply to one of those other posts stating that it had been fixed and pushed to live, but seeing as how I'm still experiencing it, it doesn't appear to be the case.

Edit: Saudi Arabia is also listed rather than the Emirate it's supposed to begin as.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

George Geczy wrote: Jun 19 2018 New features and changes in Version 9.1.49:
  • RAIL TRANSPORT added
  • - Units will use Rail Transport when available
  • - Subject to Game Setting and Defense Dept ROE
  • - Rail transport is constant speed, no fuel use, no eff/morale penalty
Lots of thanks for the new update!

1. what is the "constant speed" of railtransport in km/h ?
2. can it be increased with research (you know those "high speed trains") or at least with modded research (plz give effect id in that case) ?
3. can it be edited in a mod ?

4. can the trade tooltip with both the amount and costs display be the default trade window ?
5. and maybe a little larger to display up to 11 trades without need to scroll.

6. any chance that this update contains a real treasury calculation ? (just in case it was needed to remove that negative trillions bug) ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Sounds good, i was worried this would be overcomplicated with real trains and train stations.
evildari wrote: Jun 19 2018 6. any chance that this update contains a real treasury calculation ? (just in case it was needed to remove that negative trillions bug) ?
Treasury sounds like most important, but i believe domestic market is the driving factor for mentioned treasury calculations. I see people asking for embargoes, but first production and demand calculations need to be fixed or regions will have no raw resources because Russia is embargoed.
One example is rubber, where cost always stay above sale price, but all the other resources are also locked to max. 20% profit on average. If theres a world shortage, well prices should become so expensive that only the rich can afford it, and the market industries should expand on this world shortage if they have available population and money to produce those resources.
Gameplay 1st
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

way2co0l wrote: Jun 19 2018 So I seem to be having an issue with my Brinkmanship scenario that's been reported elsewhere. The names of several nations are wrong.
Should have been fixed, but the change didn't get pushed live. Will be soon.
evildari wrote: Jun 19 2018 1. what is the "constant speed" of railtransport in km/h ?
Approx 40 to 50 km/h. This may be a little on the fast side historically though.
2. can it be increased with research (you know those "high speed trains") or at least with modded research (plz give effect id in that case) ?
This has been noted as an idea, but is not in the current version yet.
3. can it be edited in a mod ?
Not yet. Might be added to the wmdata file in the future.
4. can the trade tooltip with both the amount and costs display be the default trade window ?
5. and maybe a little larger to display up to 11 trades without need to scroll.
That one's not my department, I'll let Chris answer.
6. any chance that this update contains a real treasury calculation ? (just in case it was needed to remove that negative trillions bug) ?
The negative trillions ("divide by zero") issues have been resolved (that we know of).

-- George.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

George Geczy wrote: Jun 20 2018
The negative trillions ("divide by zero") issues have been resolved (that we know of).

-- George.
I just hoped you would implement a real (and even simple) treasury calculation - while you removed that "divide by zero" issue)
to remove this weird random treasury calculation: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=28170

treasury
plus income (a value already displayed - calculated? - in treasury tab)
minus expenditures (same here)
plus trade balance (also an already known value)
=new treasury

looks slightly more simple to program than a semi-random number generation
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

sorry for my ignorance :) but i have to ask:)

there are no options on ROE or in the options for rail usage, even if i start a new game, is something wrong with my game ?

and secondly all these changes are valid also for saved games ?

regards,

Burak
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

I found my answer i think !:D i found it in another post.. sorry to post for nothing
number47
General

Post by number47 »

About rail transport...I was under impression that you would be able to use rail system from one town to another but units keep "jumping on the rail system" in the middle of nowhere making it confusing sometimes especially when I don't wan them to use the rail
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”