malaysia huge air force

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bowtie
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

malaysia huge air force

Post by bowtie »

Hi. Anyone else notice an issue in the Cold War start where Malaysia ends up as the dumping ground for all the world's old air craft? I get thousands of aircraft flying above malaysian airports in my games. I've been having this problem since day 1 of SRCW, and its carried over to SRGW. I know Malaysia has tons of extra cash lying around from Rubber production (since they are the only place that has it in Cold War start). But Malaysia doesnt even have an air force base! They can't reserve aircraft so thousands sit flying above the airports in a huge ball. It lags the game significantly. Other than taking them over, anyone have a solution to this issue?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: malaysia huge air force

Post by Kristijonas »

Ticket 21347.
Still unfixed it seems.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

The save file attached to the ticket is pretty old, can you send us your save file so we can continue to look into this issue?
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I might be able to provide a new save game after work today.

The issue appears to be that malaysia has no air bases, so it can't reserve any aircraft. But it keeps buying aircraft anyways probably since it's flush with cash due to being the only place in the world that produces natural cheap rubber. The aircraft all stay in flight above the two airfields. This occurs in the Cold War start. This only occurs after Malaysia gains independance from the UK. It's been an issue since SRCW, so an older save would possibly still illustrate the issue. I mostly play the Coldwar scenario - i've been working around the issue by moving save to multiplayer, and adding an airbase in malaysia so they can at least reserve some aircraft and scrap others.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

That would be appreciated thank you.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Any luck seeing the issue? I know malaysia is rich due to rubber sales, but giving them an air base so they could garrison might stop the insane fighter clouds
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

Yes, we have been discussing the best way to deal with the issue, as it does not only affect Malaysia but is an issue with the AI handling developing a nation that was once a colony. The AI will need to prioritize what facilities to build when it has the resources, and take into account the number / ratio of units it has when accepting trades for units with other nations among many other factors.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Wonderful!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

d-bassett wrote: Jul 06 2018 Yes, we have been discussing the best way to deal with the issue, as it does not only affect Malaysia but is an issue with the AI handling developing a nation that was once a colony. The AI will need to prioritize what facilities to build when it has the resources, and take into account the number / ratio of units it has when accepting trades for units with other nations among many other factors.
Great way of addressing this!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

number47 wrote: Jul 07 2018
d-bassett wrote: Jul 06 2018 Yes, we have been discussing the best way to deal with the issue, as it does not only affect Malaysia but is an issue with the AI handling developing a nation that was once a colony. The AI will need to prioritize what facilities to build when it has the resources, and take into account the number / ratio of units it has when accepting trades for units with other nations among many other factors.
Great way of addressing this!
I wholeheartedly concur. I believe it was discussed along these lines quite awhile ago, so I think it's safe to say that it's going to be well received. :)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Lebanon is also weapon dump in my games. t tends to accumulate hundreds of soviet units, mostly land ones.
Please teach AI everything!
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

I find it interesting how it affects game performance, this one situation where accumulation of cast off hardware that one small, but rich county collects endlessly. Also shows how complex a game this is trying to simulate within generalized limitations, a dynamic global relationship of Economy, Politics, Sociology and Military and how some features such as sales of obsolete war machines to willing buyers have unintended consequences.

Yes, there definitively needs to be some kind of boundary set by available barracks airfields etc, not only on the situation described with Malaysia (and Lebanon, has to be others too), but also some point where large nations reach certain ceilings in unit production and must scale back .
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

SteamSupreme wrote: Jul 07 2018 Yes, there definitively needs to be some kind of boundary set by available barracks airfields etc, not only on the situation described with Malaysia (and Lebanon, has to be others too), but also some point where large nations reach certain ceilings in unit production and must scale back .
Or start selling/scrapping obsolete units to replace them with modern ones.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

SteamSupreme wrote: Jul 07 2018 I find it interesting how it affects game performance, this one situation where accumulation of cast off hardware that one small, but rich county collects endlessly. Also shows how complex a game this is trying to simulate within generalized limitations, a dynamic global relationship of Economy, Politics, Sociology and Military and how some features such as sales of obsolete war machines to willing buyers have unintended consequences.

Yes, there definitively needs to be some kind of boundary set by available barracks airfields etc, not only on the situation described with Malaysia (and Lebanon, has to be others too), but also some point where large nations reach certain ceilings in unit production and must scale back .
Ive noticed the performance issues as well. To work around it, every 20 or so year, I load the game up in multiplayer, and play as that country and scrap all their units. Then I go back to singleplayer and continue as original country.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”