Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.40)

Post by Kristijonas »

I think it'd be great if you could upload a savegame with this happening. Just make sure your units are not out of supplies or out of range when this happens.

What I also experienced was that missiles often fail to launch. I've only experienced this with land military unit launchers. I've managed to equip the missiles but they just wouldn't launch at certain locations. I would move the launching vehicle to some other place and then it'd shoot. Lost some good opportunities to hit my enemies this way.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Kristijonas wrote: Jun 08 2018 I think it'd be great if you could upload a savegame with this happening. Just make sure your units are not out of supplies or out of range when this happens.

What I also experienced was that missiles often fail to launch. I've only experienced this with land military unit launchers. I've managed to equip the missiles but they just wouldn't launch at certain locations. I would move the launching vehicle to some other place and then it'd shoot. Lost some good opportunities to hit my enemies this way.
I've seen missile units do this. You have to get them on patrol in order to fire them at anything other than point blank. Ships do this too sometimes I've noticed.

I don't think its a case of range (they were fighting into the next hex) or supplies (they'd been dug in in supply for some time), but i'll upload it to dropbox anyway. The fleet I had there also did the same thing, all falling to a single submarine they could all see and were in range to attack.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z77xl42j3btxp ... 0.rar?dl=0

It is mainly an issue with the troops fighting in the Yemen (Middle East).
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not sure I follow. Maybe start a new thread and include some screenshots? Or a savegame?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Can we expect any AI or gameplay changes (better known to heretics as new features :P )?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not as part of 9.1.43
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
andyinkuwait
Sergeant

Post by andyinkuwait »

I checked Tutorial 1 where player takes Japan.

One of the first instructions is to trade with USA for Light Weight Aircraft Piston Engines under warfare technologies.

No such technology exists so tutorial not possible to complete.

As stated before, if you want a tutorial then allow it to be completed. If you aren't bothered about a tutorial then delete it. This is the worst of both worlds.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

andyinkuwait wrote: Jun 16 2018 I checked Tutorial 1 where player takes Japan.

One of the first instructions is to trade with USA for Light Weight Aircraft Piston Engines under warfare technologies.

As stated before, if you want a tutorial then allow it to be completed. If you aren't bothered about a tutorial then delete it. This is the worst of both worlds.
I had personally worked on this issue before, not sure how it got broken again. I'll see that it's fixed again.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018 - for the next update, name 3 (and ONLY 3) things that you'd like to see in the next update. No more than one sentence if you'd like me to read them all.

It's totally unscientific and will likely have little impact on what we put into the next update, but I do have a document where I try and track what's being asked for by the community and how feasible each thing is.
Seems I'm late for this, but I wanted to weigh in for the scientific purposes. lol.

1: Enhanced naval ai. Primarily screening capital ships, moving together for protection.
2: Facility repair. I know it exists, but I personally do not believe it actually works correctly. I want slow automatic facility repair as a solution.
3: Replacing rubber with another resource, or just outright removing it altogether. Too many bottlenecks and issues IMHO.

I've posted more thorough thoughts on all of these things before and I'm willing to again, but stuck with brevity as requested here. I personally feel these are the 3 biggest issues I deal with in any of my games.
SixthtySixthSix
Lieutenant

Post by SixthtySixthSix »

Balthagor wrote: May 30 2018 - for the next update, name 3 (and ONLY 3) things that you'd like to see in the next update. No more than one sentence if you'd like me to read them all.
1: ability to remove road/rail with scrapping (this was in engine in 2010- how hard could it be? :)
2: reintroduce water as a resource, and add 16 'extended' resources, like bauxite, copper, natural gas, gold...
3: tech tree has over-/underlaps in date availabilities, i.e.- a 1937 unit requires 1941 tech
4: unit order queueing (intended as development for 2010)

(4?!)
Your mouse has moved. The system has to be updated for the changes to take effect. Restart now?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SixthtySixthSix wrote: Jun 20 2018 3: tech tree has over-/underlaps in date availabilities, i.e.- a 1937 unit requires 1941 tech
That's not a feature request, that's a bug report that should go in Unit Errata. Please let us know when you find stuff like this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
andyinkuwait
Sergeant

Post by andyinkuwait »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 17 2018
andyinkuwait wrote: Jun 16 2018 I checked Tutorial 1 where player takes Japan.

I had personally worked on this issue before, not sure how it got broken again. I'll see that it's fixed again.
Is there a time frame for this fix? I was hoping it might have sneaked in with the latest update but apparently not.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've done some work on it, it should get tested next week. Not sure yet if I fixed it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”