I know i know but i have to ask!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Roug
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

I know i know but i have to ask!

Post by Roug »

Way back when supreme ruler came out, i though it was boring ect. Played hoi a bunch. But after hoi4 and the ****** AI and all the bad things paradox did to the game. I wanted to try supreme ruler again. I LOVE it! So i got ultimate and now great war. But i havent played for very long, no big battles ect. But how is the ai on supreme ruler vs hoi4? I do love the battalion fighting instead of divisions, but it should be possible to choose commanders ect.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: I know i know but i have to ask!

Post by YoMomma »

It's quit. I dont have HOI4 because all i hear is bad things and it can be played by a 4 year old.

I like HOI3 tho, and i like paradox titles. Atleast those from like 10 years ago, i dont have anything new. I like how well they are finished and mod support on their games are often good. I dont get all the hate on this forum against paradox, imho SR2020 was published by paradox and well that game i cant find issues really.

The AI in SRU has lots of issues, atlho people will back up devs the AI improved compared to SR2020.
- Strategic bombers of Russia and US dissapear (nuclear issue), so main weapon and threat of those regions are nulified. Also AI dont use them if they have them.
- Auto repair got removed and industry facilities will remain broken forever, ofcourse causing issues with economy
- More units is not better, this shows missles in SRU. If they would just have the missle they can use.. now 90% of missles build are useless
- AI use merchant marines to transport troops, a tank transform into a ship and well get shot down in neutral territory or stuck because of bad naval pathing
- AI lowered usage of airforce besides building tons of air fabrications even tho they dont have designs, so expect Congo, Central Africa etc to build them
- AI like to send troops deep into the desert or mountains, pathing of roads and rails much better on SR2020

I could prolly name about another 100 issues if i tried which was all working on SR2020, for example AI trade troops, but that leaves Israel and South Africa without tanks, Netherlands and some others are buying all the CW crap from regions. I guess all the issues named here are because of small features which have been added, but yeah if that weakens the AI why add them.. i dont understand. Read active topics on this forum tho. Tons of requests, very little feedback on issues. So yeah i guess people asking will get what they want, bringing in more and more issues.

Proxy wars are very interesting to me and well i like to expand without heaving to deal with the burden so colonising is nice too, those are the ones that keep me away from going back to SR2020, but that is off topic, got nothing to do with the AI. I feel like you get less help from your allies then in SR2020 tho, so really AI had to hurt again.

Honestly i feel like alot of things got copied backwards in code from SR2020, for example missles, where first priority was non nuclear missles (SR2020), now they will build nuclear as fast as possible with very little attention to negative traits you get from techs, like world approval. I think AI should build non nuclear at all times, just make it easier, but again request is why is AI not using nuclear missles.. well they got them, but cant use them because they are prolly too big, missle silo not working for AI, Strategic bombers dissapearing, if possible only build mortars above artilley which can actually hold a nuclear missle, auto launch is set off, etc. etc. etc. So maybe all those issues should be fixed first, and it would be helpfull if devs get as much feedback about these issues as possible.
Another example of backwards.. trades, where in SR2020 you get most offers to you for a profit, which is logical since they come to you, where now in SRU especially further in game its all negative offers and your unable to make a good deal for yourself.
Another example resource drain/tech effects.. Resource facilities produce less and less over time. Run game few years, check MP if you want, it is true. I have a feeling this is caused by techs, where it may improve production for you at first, but world wide it lowered. That's how i feel atleast.

So yeah very indept issues for a complicated game, but with great consuquences, and i think everyone should accept nothing should be added, unless it fixes other issues and improve the AI or challenge against the player. Most requests are purely for the player and well i said that before, but to me thats a waste to this title.

There are a couple of player only issues lacking from SR2020 aswell. Like in SR2020 you can ctrl select your reserve units where in SRU you have to press a small button to select the unit, i wont mind if that gets turned back, but yea that shouldnt be a real problem, atho this game has been released for a cpl of years.

So yeah you want commanders, someone else want something else and before you know it SRU is a bad copy of HOI4, no one is interested in the game and devs have to abandon ship.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”