Highest GDP/C

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Highest GDP/C

Post by SGTscuba »

Whats the highest GDP/c anyone has gotten?

In my current game as Canada, its over 300k (world average is 10k) and i'm wondering now if i've managed to break the game!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Highest GDP/C

Post by Cdiplayer »

With Oman in the 1936 scenario I reached 1.8 million once. That is my record
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

SGTscuba wrote: Apr 08 2018 Whats the highest GDP/c anyone has gotten?

In my current game as Canada, its over 300k (world average is 10k) and i'm wondering now if i've managed to break the game!
wow how did you get it so high :o
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

sparky282 wrote: Apr 23 2018

wow how did you get it so high :o
Its 700k now when I won the game. I guess its a mix of massive industry and a population of only 50 million.

evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

unless you manage to have +300k gdpc with several billion people only BG manages to break the game
btw. what you see (and a single coal mine east of Ankara) is the only industry in the whole world, and everyone is fully supplied thanks to the games automatic production adjustment...
(using YoMomma's GC-Gold mod - nice work - egypt was owned within a few weeks after i got bored being peaceful 2 weeks after game start)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

They really do need to get rid of the auto production adjustment, it just becomes annoying late game with a massive pop if you annex everyone.

Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

What is auto production adjustment?

And look at that treasury... must be a record!
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Leafgreen wrote: Jul 28 2018 What is auto production adjustment?

And look at that treasury... must be a record!
Basically, there were balance issues with worldwide demand for resources increasing due to time and GDP growth and just a number of other things, but the AI was struggling to match this production. Part of the problem is that while the AI can and does build resource production facilities of their own, they really don't do it enough, and when they do, it's usually not the most helpful choices that they make. So ultimately it falls on the human player to keep up with worldwide demand for critical resources, and there were many cases where this just wasn't possible and the worldwide economies would collapse, especially in longer games.

Now, the desired solution was to make the AI more capable of expanding their resource production and more intelligent about the way they do so, but the simple truth is that this is just incredibly complicated to do properly. For example, use this hypothetical scenario. Let's say your country needs food, so first it needs to find the best place to build the new agriculture facility. This part seems to be the easiest, just choose an eligible hex with the highest current supply and there you go. EZPZ. But what if that hex also has valuable oil or uranium, or even more critically, rubber. Do you still build on this hex? At what point do you prioritize one resource over another, and do you prevent building certain resources on hexes when doing so would interfere with their ability to develop a different resource in the future? When does it become appropriate to scrap another resources facility in order to replace it with a different one? What if it's too close to a potential warzone? What if it's not a loyal hex and so you won't get full production out of it?

On and on and on I could go.

So basically another option was chosen. It wasn't perfect, but it was meant to be a fix that allowed us to play longer games, and it was something that they could do with a relatively short level of dev time so it was possible for them to actually do. The fundamental way that it works (to my understanding) is that it adjusts currently existing resource facility production based on current worldwide supply compared to demand. If there wasn't enough oil available on the market, it would slowly begin to increase the output of all existing oil producing facilities. This would ensure that even if the player and AI were not building any more oil facilities (or simply unable to build them quickly enough), the worldwide economy would be able to adapt and continue to function. Oil would continue to be available, and that was important. Though, being real, it was primarily done to deal with the rubber situation, which is, and always has been, the red headed stepchild of the SR resources, but that's another topic. lol.

There are some problems with this. For one, it's been demonstrated that you can get to the point where the entire world can be supplied from the production of a single facility. I mean, I don't like it and it feels kinda lame, but this doesn't really bother me too much, but it is definitely one of the issues. Another is that it appears (based on reports I've read, I have not tested this or noticed it for myself to confirm) that the game looks at potential production to determine what the worldwide supply is, so even if you're capable of producing half the world's oil all by yourself, but you're only actually producing at like, a tenth of what your capacity is and this is resulting in an actual worldwide shortage, the fact that you're capable of producing enough oil will lead to the engine believing there's a surplus available and begin decreasing the productive ability of every oil producing facility, meaning the actual worldwide shortage gets worse and worse, but the mechanic designed to help in these situations in this case does the exact opposite. And again, while I don't like this, it's not the issue that bothers me most. For me, the biggest problem is the fact that when there's a surplus on the world market, rather real or perceived, it decreases production of all of said resource producing buildings. This means that examples such as the one I described above (even though you can argue that was primarily due to the human player intentionally choosing to withhold the resource from the market), but let's just say you don't like being reliant on foreign imports for agriculture, so you decide to build more yourself in the name of self sufficiency. If there's currently a surplus on the market, then every new facility you produce will only increase that surplus forcing existing buildings to produce less and less. Every new facility you build trying to increase your own production actually has the very direct effect of decreasing the production for every other same resource facility that you already have. Sure, you'd ultimately be gaining a net positive, but less than what you should have and forcing you to build WAY more buildings than you should have needed which comes with a much greater maintenance cost as well. It is my personal belief that this mechanic increasing production when necessary is fine. Not the best solution, but perfectly workable and I can support it. But I do not believe that it should work both ways. It should not decrease production during worldwide surpluses. There's already a mechanic in game where the world market price decreases when there's too much of a resource, so if you're producing more than you need, you'll be selling it for less and less. This mechanic is sufficient to keep it balanced in my opinion and decreasing production in addition to this is just a fun killer. lol. A form of punishment that goes above and beyond what is actually necessary and already included.
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

1. In my previous game with China and 2017 scenario, Norway reached 4 million.
2. Now (2043) China in my current game with China and 2017 scenario has reached 150+ k and is increasing by 200 per day. BTW: my population is 1750 M.
3. Where can I find the GDP / c of the whole world in game?
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Franc007She wrote: Aug 31 2018 3. Where can I find the GDP / c of the whole world in game?
For the GDP/c of all the countries in the world you want the Regional Atlas. Different sections at the bottom of it for scores, military, all sorts of stuff. There is no 'average of the world' or 'all the countries added together' type list that i'm aware of.

If you don't know about the regional atlas (and maybe you do and I read it wrong, sorry) then this is a very useful tool also.

"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

GPP/C of the whole world would be the average GDP/c
go to the finance tab (F4) and hover over that capital icon there you see some stats including the average GDP/C

If you like to see more details: use either the in-game regional atlas as Leafgreen advised, or
start the game with the -logon parameter, run some days, then look in your savegame directory for a current .log file
search for the term "entire map" to get a world summary
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

I am curious to know what will happen to the GDP /c and world economy if all of the speanding subjects of my country (especially for a country with huge population like China or India) are set to the highest value.
gibernau13
Corporal

Post by gibernau13 »

What s the best way to raise fast your gdp/c?
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

Now it is July, 2048. China has 2148 M (1st) people and the GDP per capital is 256 k (5th). Norway has the highest GDP/c of the world and the value is 1.24 M. It has 13 M people.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”