What decides the AI willingness to fight?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

What decides the AI willingness to fight?

Post by jakers »

There is the aggressive, passive option thing, but are any other options affecting AI countries willingness to fight?

Sometimes they fight as they should, but sometimes one country fights and the other just doesn't care, and their population approval level is ok, so what is the problem here, a computer error of some sort or..? That's on high volatility and aggressive ai stance.

I gave almost a hundred T-14 Armata's to Slovakia and another 100 to Spain to defend from Germany and both sent just 1/4 of all of them to fight, while the other ones just went from one city barracks to the other and totally didn't care that their countries were being invaded, and as a result they got defeated. Btw. this is long after I sent the units, so they had time to repair and they were working normally, they just didn't want to go to fight for some reason.

Does the global rules of engangement have anything to do with it? Also, maybe not the topic, but what does the Initiative option in Global roe do? Does it make units move and go for repairs and reserve or does it make them fight more, also what if you set initiative to 0?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: What decides the AI willingness to fight?

Post by evildari »

check the strength (health) of the units you send to them - usually they need to be repaired after they are received.
If that is not the case anymore - i suspect that old "put the army into reserve, instead of fighting" issue.
Seen it in my recent game - all of my 3000 units deployed while initiative set to none - war starts - set initiative to medium for the hope of some automatic defensive deployment at least.. and yea AI is very defensive started to put most of army into reserves - although i had no issues with supply, mil.goods, money, and fuel..., instead of stomping the enemy with this amount - it used a few hundreds unit littered over the theater - and i used the minister priorities Arms race + maximize active units.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

evildari wrote:check the strength (health) of the units you send to them - usually they need to be repaired after they are received.
If that is not the case anymore - i suspect that old "put the army into reserve, instead of fighting" issue.
Seen it in my recent game - all of my 3000 units deployed while initiative set to none - war starts - set initiative to medium for the hope of some automatic defensive deployment at least.. and yea AI is very defensive started to put most of army into reserves - although i had no issues with supply, mil.goods, money, and fuel..., instead of stomping the enemy with this amount - it used a few hundreds unit littered over the theater - and i used the minister priorities Arms race + maximize active units.
Best observed with soviet/russian AI - it keeps thousads of units in the reserve while being steamrolled.
Please teach AI everything!
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

The health was great, but even if it wasn't, I sent units to loads and loads of countries that were already in wars and they almost instantly started sending them to fight, even though their health was about 1/3 or maybe 50%.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

evildari wrote:check the strength (health) of the units you send to them - usually they need to be repaired after they are received.
and check personal in reserve.
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”