CPEC-CHINA PAKISTAN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR-A Game Changer.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aawish
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

CPEC-CHINA PAKISTAN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR-A Game Changer.

Post by Aawish »

China–Pakistan Economic Corridor, is a collection of infrastructure projects that are currently under construction throughout Pakistan.CPEC is a part of a larger One Belt and One Road Initiative (OBOR) also known as Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) Project of China, that will basically revive the centuries-old Silk Road projects. China will spend more than $1 trillion in the next 10 years. CPEC is one of the major sub-project of OBOR, that will connect western parts of China, especially under-developed, insurgents riddled, Muslim majority Xinjiang province, to the Arabian sea and GCC countries and will eventually open a new market for Chineses products in the Middle East and Africa. Thus saving Originally valued at $46 billion, the value of CPEC projects is now worth $62 billion.
CPEC is intended to rapidly modernize Pakistani infrastructure and strengthen its economy by the construction of modern transportation networks, numerous energy projects, and special economic zones. On 13 November 2016, CPEC became partly operational when Chinese cargo was transported overland to Gwadar Port for onward maritime shipment to Africa and West Asia. Gwadar port is the epicenter of this project, completely functional now, is leased to the Chinese government for 30 years. The effect of CPEC on Pakistan is profound and its effect can be judged by the fact that Pakistan economy is going to grow by 5.3% in the year 2017-18 according to IMF.

ENERGY PROJECTS:

The following Energy related projects are completed under CPEC so far (known as early harvest project):

EARLY HARVEST PROJECTS: TOTAL CAPACITY=10,400 MW (ALL COMPLETED & FUNCTIONAL)

COAL POWER PLANTS:
1. 2 x 660MW Port Qasim Coal-fired Power Plant
2. 2 x 660MW Sahiwal Coal-Fired Power Plant
3. 2 x 660MW Rahimyar Khan Coal Power Plant
4. 2 x 660MW HUBCO Coal Power Plant
5. 2 x 660MW Thar Coal Block I and Mine Mouth Power Plant
6. 4 x 330MW ENGRO Thar Coal-fired Power Plant and Surface Mine in Block II of Thar Coal Field

WIND FARMS:
7. 50MW Dawood Wind Farm
8. 50MW Sachal Wind Farm
9. 100MW Jhimpir Wind Farm

SOLAR POWER PARKS:
10. 900MW Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park in Bahawalpur

HYDROELECTRIC POWER PROJECTS:
11. 720MW Karot Hydro-Power Project
12. 873MW Suki Kinari Hydropower Project

THERMAL/LNG POWER PLANTS:
13. 300 MW Gwadar Power Plant

Pakistan's Minister for Energy on 3rd December, 2017 declared that the country is now load-shedding free with 2,500 MW surplus energy.

ACTIVELY PROMOTED PROJECTS, TOTAL CAPACITY =17,045 MW
These projects are in planning phases and are expected to be completed in 2020-22.

COAL POWER PLANTS:
1. 2 x 660MW Gaddani Powerplant at District Lasbela, Baluchistan
2. 2 x 660MW HUBCO Coal Power Plant
3. 2 x 660MW Thar Mine Mouth Coal Fired Power Plant by Oracle
4. 2 x 660MW Muzaffargarh Coal-fired Power Plant
5. 300MW Salt Range Mine Mouth Power Plant including Mining

WIND FARMS:
6. 2 x 50MW Wind Farm Phase II of Pakistan

THERMAL/LNG POWER PLANTS:
7. 525MW Gas-Fired Power Plant

HYDROELECTRIC POWER PROJECTS:
8. 1100MW Kohala Hydro-Power Station

INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS:

Road
1. Karakoram Highway Phase II (Thakot -Havelian road) 120 KM $1,366 mn
2. Peshawar-Karachi Motorway (Multan-Sukkur Section) 392 KM $2,980 mn
3. Khuzdar-Basima Road N-30 (110 km) 110 KM $80 mn
4. D.I.Khan to Zhob, Road (210 km) 210 KM $195 mn
5. Karakoram Highway Thakot-Raikot Road N35 (136 Km) 136 KM $719.8 mn

Rail Sector Projects
1. Reconstruction & expansion of Karachi to Peshawar railway line 1,830 KM $8,172 mn

Suggestion to Developers: Kindly go through the details of China's OBOR and Pearl Of Strings doctrines and check that how can China become a superpower after the completion of these geopolitical agendas. Also, the rival geopolitical projects of India (Chahbahar port), USA & Japan (South-China sea) to rival China's design should be studied. I believe a great scenario can be created in SRU 2020 based on these major geopolitical developments. Furthermore, I will very much appreciate adding the new projects completed so far under CPEC in Pakistan, to be included in the upcoming version of SRU.

Note: The list of completed projects mentioned above are by no means exhaustive. There are hundreds of ongoing projects and developers should keep an eye on them.

SOURCES:
1. http://cpec.gov.pk/
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%E2% ... c_Corridor
3. http://www.cpecinfo.com/home
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: CPEC-CHINA PAKISTAN ECONOMIC CORRIDOR-A Game Changer.

Post by Balthagor »

Aawish wrote:Suggestion to Developers:[/b] Kindly go through the details of China's OBOR and Pearl Of Strings doctrines and check that how can China become a superpower after the completion of these geopolitical agendas. Also, the rival geopolitical projects of India (Chahbahar port), USA & Japan (South-China sea) to rival China's design should be studied. I believe a great scenario can be created in SRU 2020 based on these major geopolitical developments. Furthermore, I will very much appreciate adding the new projects completed so far under CPEC in Pakistan, to be included in the upcoming version of SRU.
What you suggest here is interesting, but represents weeks of work, and we simply don't have the resources.

If someone would like to suggest a few of these to add to the map for some updates, a list would be helpful. Very little of this is likely to change in the next two years. SRU isn't going to be a "game set in the future" for very much longer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”