1950 Korean War

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

anash
Sergeant
Human: Yes

1950 Korean War

Post by anash »

Every time I play the 1949 sandbox or scenario, North Korea steamrolls into South Korea and the South Koreans capitulate in about a month. The united nations nor the Americans put troops on the Korean Peninsula to help defend South Korea. I would like if South Korea had a little more ability to defend or that the US actually sends troops to Korea.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Re: 1950 Korean War

Post by bob12333 »

anash wrote:Every time I play the 1949 sandbox or scenario, North Korea steamrolls into South Korea and the South Koreans capitulate in about a month. The united nations nor the Americans put troops on the Korean Peninsula to help defend South Korea. I would like if South Korea had a little more ability to defend or that the US actually sends troops to Korea.

Yeah there is a problem with the AI. If you don't want to play as the U.S. what I usually do is build up Japan and than have Japan in an alliance with South Korea and than I rebuild japan's army. Than I interfere in the Korean war. However, most of the time, when I play, the Chinese end up Declaring war on my. So............... not tooo helpful.......
Khanousch
Corporal

Post by Khanousch »

If diplomatic merchant marine is turned off it is possible to give them units that will then appear in their reserves. I like to send my airforce there or Japan and give them some experience.

It seems the diplo merchant marine only works sometimes, any troops I sell just sit in my territory for months and months without going home. Then I re-inherit them after they surrender.
tandur
Corporal

Post by tandur »

This problem still isn't fixed? And specifically, based on posts as far back as 2013... the issue is that alliances in this game are useless?

For example, in a game with Japan in 1949, I chose to go historical and not build an army. Two years into the game, after North Korea wiped South Korea off the map, Russia then invaded Japan. What few US troops that were stationed there got quickly overran, and the US, as far as I could tell, never sent reinforcements. And yes, I had signed a formal alliance with them, before the Korean war had even begun.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”